Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[20DEC18] Week after Christmas: Update for 747 coming...

3 hours ago, Ephedrin said:

And reading above the post about the bad attitude of PMDG towards people here I would like to point out one thing about my personal experience.

First of all I have written 1430 postings in the avsim forums, probably 1400 of them in the PMDG forum. Not always overall friendly and not always overall positive about PMDG, I've also critcized them for - what I felt- missing communication, care or whatever. I have NEVER been attacked or bashed or anything by anyone from PMDG. Never! Not Kyle, not Chris, not Robert, nobody. Sometimes Kyle slowed me down when I became too passiopnate about something I felt about other developers, sometimes a bit harsh when needed, he's still a mod, but never he or anyone else has shouted out to me. Why? Maybe because I talk about how I feel about it or about my opinion on something, but not that it IS like something. It's a huge difference if I don't agree with someone or if I say they are/do/don't xyz.  

However, almost every day, I see people coming in here, complaining about something not working, something not looking right because of cheesecake, because someone told them this was wrong. Fine, maybe it is or looks or behaves wrong. The developers of PMDG have worked hundreds or thousands of hours on their addons and have achieved a reputation of incredible realism. This doesn't make them gods, machines or perfect. Nore does it make them amateurs. They are professionals who absolutely know what they are doing, but at the same time they surely have some bias pro their work. Now imagine you are at work, having worked on something for weeks or months, finally believe it's great (PMDG have never released something bad, something they didn't feel to be good to go) only to be accused of being incapable, lazy, whatever. Even a very friendly formulated query can feel like a kick in the teeth when you are sure you've ruled everything out. Sure, every software has bugs that haven't been found during the beta tests. But when you find these bugs there is a difference if you notify them of an issue you have found that might be a bug, explain what you did and what you found or if you run in, accuse someone of being incapable and lazy, bringing up how much you paid and so on... alone bringing up the money FEELS like an accusation of deception. And tbh it's incredibly outrageous to constantly harp on one point or pick on single words someone has said only to get what you want. If people read the whole text, not just single words, this forum would be much more comfortable. But this requires one to think first and try to be at least a little emphatical.

And maybe some people on Avsim really should think about what they say and how they say it. This posting is full of grammatical mistakes and wrong words, I'm tired and still a little drunk, but I hope it's clear what I want to say. Even when English is not someone's mother language one can be friendly and neutral. And bringing up other developers just to put pressure on THIS developer is another outrageous way to achive something. No wonder that Kyle's patience is limited after this. What goes around, comes around and when you run into an office, slam the door and want your car fixed, it won't work out too quickly. (That car again...)

And I hope it's clear that I don't attack anyone here but write generally.

Well Said Marc, Very Well said...  Can't agree more, Just wanted to add that unlike you, I have not even hit 200 posts, Not sure about the number, Just pointing that I am quite new here but even if I feel that there is something wrong regarding any matter I wouldn't even write it down here, I will simply ask my self even 10 times that hey Saman are you sure that you are not wrong? at some point, I decide to wait because I have always been proved that PMDG will make the thing go right if it was not before! I am a certified maintenance engineer ( by luck or whatever ) whenever I find something odd happening in the sim, I will try to reach out all the docs provided by PMDG, next I will research all the Maintenance docs I have, Most of the time I realize that I was doing something wrong or it was basically a sim/software glitch and it is solved after a sim reset, and Oh man I learned a lot during searching for my specific case, just like you have troubles with Cross-bleed starting and on the way searching to solve it, you learn many other things around, and man, I like it when Kyle speaks the facts! He is truly a logical speaker and he never sets rationality on fire in the name empathy or sensations. anyway Sorry if I have grammatical mistakes, English is not my mother language too and I had a long day on a 747 Modification haha :D. 

Wish you all a beautiful new year ;).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Slider said:

You could start the New year by moderating your own staff a bit 😉 or maybe it's company policy?

It’s not for you to tell PMDG how to run their forum. Anyway I think Kyle was very moderate in his replies to you.

ki9cAAb.jpg

On 12/20/2018 at 7:59 AM, rsrandazzo said:

I expect we will turn it over to you during the period between Christmas and New Year.

Guys, I think you guys "deviated" too much about this and that 😖

i'm just here to check this topic for any update as stated Robert between Xmas and New Year 😄

Maybe Robert was refering to Eastern Orthodox Church Christmas and New Year, which is on Jan 7th and Jan 14th respectivly 😄 

Happy New Year to all, best of luck, happines and health, the rest you can buy in the store.

Edited by Johnny19
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

🤐

Raphael Chacón

158745.png

FLYSIMWARE-SM#1378797 RXP750-#1533812 RXP530-#1526291 RXP430-#1543520 

FS2C #43560 #52175 #68068 #68152 #69299 #71201 #72243 #105040 SM#1325481

PMDG #60260 #73469 #144746 #194702 #196953 #230831 #236231 #251801 #266742 #336381  #397556

19 hours ago, hkhoanguyen said:

Guys, I think you guys "deviated" too much about this and that 😖

i'm just here to check this topic for any update as stated Robert between Xmas and New Year 😄

Remember, the "New Year" ends 31 December 2019. Expect the release to be anytime before then.😁

• Like 2

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

On 1/2/2019 at 6:54 AM, hasse29 said:

Well, reading this topic really shows why PMDG never gives release dates.

Yeah and this is only an update, imagine the madness if we were talking about a new release!!

Either way, gives us all a lot to look forward to. 

Regards

• Like 1

Clearly this update has taken much longer than PMDG thought, looking forward to it with the hope that the -8 Performance page becomes fully functional. I also hope they have reworked the rain effects. Anything else will be a bonus.

The beta testers sure have kept finding the bugs. 🙂 Better them than us.

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

24 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

reworked the rain effects.

Hopefully that one.

I've noticed quite a few quirks with it, for example, the moment you turn on the wipers the rain on the windows gets washed off immediately and when turning off vice versa. What also can happen is that the occasional rain droplet, which runs from top to bottom, can run through the wiper as it moves, creating a very unrealistic feeling. I mean it's pretty solid but requires also a lot of work when compared to TFDI or other devs.

What I also think is that it still looks not really 3 dimensional. It really feels like a simple texture.

Edited by 30K

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png

27 minutes ago, 30K said:

Hopefully that one.

I've noticed quite a few quirks with it, for example, the moment you turn on the wipers the rain on the windows gets washed off immediately and when turning off vice versa. What also can happen is that the occasional rain droplet, which runs from top to bottom, can run through the wiper as it moves, creating a very unrealistic feeling. I mean it's pretty solid but requires also a lot of work when compared to TFDI or other devs.

What I also think is that it still looks not really 3 dimensional. It really feels like a simple texture.

That is some kind of installation issue, maybe a bug. I have had that and once I do a reinstall it works fine after.

OMG im bored of flying same aircraft!   Achieved 1274 Flying Hours on the 777s....   And some others cant be flown due to their CTDs problem (shhh no names) 🤣   ....  And now, running out of beers ... 😎🍻

Raphael Chacón

158745.png

FLYSIMWARE-SM#1378797 RXP750-#1533812 RXP530-#1526291 RXP430-#1543520 

FS2C #43560 #52175 #68068 #68152 #69299 #71201 #72243 #105040 SM#1325481

PMDG #60260 #73469 #144746 #194702 #196953 #230831 #236231 #251801 #266742 #336381  #397556