Sign in to follow this  
OldFlyboy

Mixture and Propeller Controls Vertx DA62 ???

I am a bit confused about these assignments as described in the guide. Is it saying that I must not use the "normal" way to control Mixture/Prop Pitch?

How does one control these accurately in a twin engine aircraft with buttons?  No problem with trims and buttons . Surely I am not understanding this portion of the control setup.

Will truly appreciate it if someone will help. Even better: show a control setup for the DA 62. I use Saitek pro yoke, 2 quadrants .

Thanks for some clarification

Neal H

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

3 minutes ago, OldFlyboy said:

I am a bit confused about these assignments as described in the guide. Is it saying that I must not use the "normal" way to control Mixture/Prop Pitch?

How does one control these accurately in a twin engine aircraft with buttons?  No problem with trims and buttons . Surely I am not understanding this portion of the control setup.

Will truly appreciate it if someone will help. Even better: show a control setup for the DA 62. I use Saitek pro yoke, 2 quadrants .

Thanks for some clarification

Neal H

Hi Neal,

I don't have the aircraft yet but I assume the DA-62 is FADEC controlled - from what I have read - if you have them mapped - it interferes with their automated operation...

From Diamond:

Control is jet-engine simple, with each engine / propeller combination controlled by a single power lever and power settings displayed in % power. Simplified power control means that you can focus on more important things – and that is not just more convenient, but safer too.

The 3 blade MT hydraulic constant speed propellers feature advanced blade geometry for efficient performance, smoothness and low noise. They are automatically controlled by each engine’s digital engine control through conventional hydraulic governors. Feathering is as simple as flipping a single switch.

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hi Neal,

The DA62 uses a FADEC/ECU system that controls both mixture and prop pitch/speed. I have mine set up through FSUIPC to use the same config as the FSLabs A320 and it works perfectly. 

Edited by pedwards

Paul Edwards

I'm running a Warthog setup, before DA62 I used the grey slider on throttle as Prop control and used a 4 position hat for mixture control (up and down). After install of DA62 I changed prop control from small slider on throttle to the same 4 position hat with mixture control on the stick (left and right). Not sure what that will do to my setup of the Q400 when I go back to setting that plane up. Not sure I will mess with the Q400 since I've gotten hold of the DA. 

Edited by jimcarrel

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Just now, jimcarrel said:

I'm running a Warthog setup, before DA62 I used the grey slider on throttle as Prop control and used a 4 position hat for mixture control (up and down). After install of DA62 I changed prop control from small slider on throttle to the (left and right) same 4 position hat with mixture control on the stick. Not sure what that will do to my setup of the Q400 when I go back to setting that plane up. Not sure I will mess with the Q400 since I've gotten hold of the DA. 

Hi Jim,

One other option is FSUIPC - it allows you to have unique joystick/button assignments - per plane... Then switches invisibly when new aircraft is chosen...

Regards,
Scott

• Like 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

P3D also allows you to have multiple control assignments.  I have different assignments for props, twin jet and quad jets.  Just open the Controls UI and click IMPORT.  They label the buttons EXPORT/IMPORT but they act as SAVE/LOAD.

Dan Downs KCRP