Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Stutters / Pause every 13 seconds over London

strange  that it  only happens  at one  airport  and not  others  if  it  were  the  desktop   slide  show  was  at issue

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

3 hours ago, pete_auau said:

strange  that it  only happens  at one  airport  and not  others  if  it  were  the  desktop   slide  show  was  at issue

I agree but it's worth checking. It's definitely something that has happened since I got the new PC and I have switched that slide show option on and off a few times. I'll know within a couple of hours.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

An encouraging update. Firstly I turned off the slideshow option but sadly it made no difference. Still worth trying though.

Next I thought about what might be different about London compared to other major cities that didn't exhibit this problem. UTX possibly. So I disabled all entries in scenery.cfg relating to UTX Europe but I left the global entries alone.

Success! No more stutters / pause every 12 seconds. Just the always present stutters as the prime meridian is crossed.

So now I have to enable each of the 7 entries in turn and establish which is causing the problem. I'm getting there. Appreciate all the advice given so far.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Following this thread with great interest as I got also UTX Europe. Keep us informed with your findings. Great work!!

Tapani Österberg

Problem identified and resolved. There is an option in UTX Europe named RTX Moving Traffic for Freeways, HIghways, Motorways and Major Roads(3D). By default it is enabled.

This on its own is not a problem but if you go into Options - Traffic and set Road Vehicles to any value greater than zero it results in this pause every 12 seconds in and around London.

I set Road Vehicles to 1%. That was enough to create the problem. If you disable the RTX Moving Traffic option in UTX there's no point increasing Road Vehicles setting as no vehicles will be seen anyway.

There is a warning in UTX that that Moving Traffic option does have a very high impact on performance. Disastrously so I would suggest.

I have disabled that UTX option and set Road Vehicles to zero. End of problem.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Good to hear Ray, happy you sorted it.

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip