Sign in to follow this  
hefewe1zen

FSX - Indexer hangs

Indexer stops at the very end of 'Processing Facility Data'. Bar is almost full. 

It is processing the files under FSX/ORBX folder before stopping. I know it's because of some file inconsistency but what should I check?

22 hours ago, hefewe1zen said:

Indexer stops at the very end of 'Processing Facility Data'. Bar is almost full. 

It is processing the files under FSX/ORBX folder before stopping. I know it's because of some file inconsistency but what should I check?

Are you sure you waited long enough to let the Indexer to complete? Let it sit there for 10-15 minutes just to make sure. What version of VOXATC and what sim are you running? I'll assume that it's 7.42 and FSX. The only way to find inconsistencies is to methodically check scenery.cfg, SimObjects.cfg  and all your AI traffic bgl files. Start by disabling all AI traffic bgl files, run the Indexer. Then disable all 3rd party scenery files, run the Indexer. Gradually add back scenery until the error appears again. Sometimes, aircraft SimObjects can cause the error, but this is uncommon. A utility like Scenery Config Editor helps in editing scenery.cfg:

http://fs-sceditor.sourceforge.net/

That way you don't have to run FSX to disable scenery entries.

Most of these Indexer lockups are reported from users of P3d4, not FSX, since P3d4 uses two separate methods to add scenery, etc. and often entries are duplicated by 3rd party installers.

Thank you for your guidance, I managed to fix it.

Scenery.cfg contained no errors but I found out that the use of "FSX" and "FSX-SE" folders under "ProgramData" was inconsistent. I configured the ORBX utility to use "FSX" for both simulator versions and made sure that the two folders contained the same data (copied manually).

Thanks for posting the solution. If your hardware can handle it, you might want to consider one of the P3d4 licenses.

Indexer runs very well also with ORBX but runway indexer disapear after 20-30 sec. If i deactivete all the ORBX Scenery runs also indexer fine and i don0t get FATAL ERROR 

On 2/12/2019 at 1:16 PM, gsm350 said:

Indexer runs very well also with ORBX but runway indexer disapear after 20-30 sec. If i deactivete all the ORBX Scenery runs also indexer fine and i don0t get FATAL ERROR 

I just noticed that you "tacked on" this post to this thread in which the OP already discovered a solution to his problem. All I'll tell you is when the VOXATC Indexer hangs, there are errors in either simobjects.cfg or scenery.cfg. Additionally for P3d4, the errors could also be in add-ons.cfg/add-on.xml files. The most common errors are typos. But missing folders and duplicate entries also cause the Indexer to hang. FSX and P3d usually both recover from problems in configuration files by ignoring any bad entries. But the VOXATC Indexer won't tolerate either duplicate or corrupt entries.

You didn't say which sim that you are running, but the first thing I would do is run ORBX FTX Central and verify the content of all your ORBX files. Next, make sure that you have followed the ORBX guidelines for establishing the insertion point for their files in the sim's scenery library. There are freeware utilities that can be used to determine the validity of the sim's scenery library, but first check the contents of the library within the sim's user interface to see if anything looks unusual .