Sign in to follow this  
mmosier1

XP 11 Hangs After RXP GNS 530 Install (resolved)

I just downloaded and installed the Reality-XP GNS 530 for both Prepar3D and X Plane 11. The P3D version works fine. The XP11 version causes X-Plane to hang when launching a flight and say it’s not responding. I did an uninstall of RXP for XP11 and XP11 still hangs up and won’t complete startup of a flight. It was working fine before the install.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

Hi,

Can you please post the content of the RXP log files? (see User's Manual for files/path).

Also, are you running an officially released XP11 or a Beta/RC? You might want to make sure you're running a release version otherwise anything could happen.

As for uninstalling, you might want to cross check there is no rxpGNS plugin folder otherwise you may manually delete this folder from your plugins folder to ensure it won't start with X-Plane.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

1 hour ago, RXP said:

Hi,

Can you please post the content of the RXP log files? (see User's Manual for files/path).

Also, are you running an officially released XP11 or a Beta/RC? You might want to make sure you're running a release version otherwise anything could happen.

As for uninstalling, you might want to cross check there is no rxpGNS plugin folder otherwise you may manually delete this folder from your plugins folder to ensure it won't start with X-Plane.

Thanks for responding! Attached are the contents of the log files you requested. They don't have much in them. This was an official release of XP11 and not a beta.

Mike

rxpGNS2.xpl.log

18/12/21 01:55:47.832 03080 -    ] # win.xpl version 2.4.5.0
18/12/21 01:55:47.831 03080 INFO ]

rxpGnsSim.dll.log

18/12/21 01:55:50.027 03080 -    ] # rxpGnsSim64.dll version 2.4.5.0
18/12/21 01:55:50.026 03080 INFO ]

Thank you. It seems there is no problem reported in the logs indeed.

Now, what does the X-Plane log say about the crash? Does it point to rxpGNS\win.xpl ?

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

I think I’ve got this resolved. It appears to have been a conflict with XEnvio. I removed it and XP11 worked again. I then installed RXP530 and it seems to be working.

Thanks for your help!

xEnviro and any other "post-process" plugin inject/hack the video card over the process in order to grab and overlay the GPU managed content. The issue is most likely related to their plugin 'hijacking' any 3D accelerated window whether the main sim or any other plugin window. They should revisit their code and make sure they don't play with other's windows but the main simulator only.