Sign in to follow this  
lukejw20

747-8 CTD

So I installed the 747-8 and the first time I attempt a takeoff I get a CTD. So is there any fix to that? My laptop meets the recommended specs

Will be needing a lot more of information than I got a CTD.

I suggest to open a support ticket from support.precisionmanuals.com portal.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

What information are you getting in eventvwr ?

Run eventvwr -> "Windows Logs" -> Click "Application" 

Any reference to the crash will have a red  "Error".  It should provide us with useful information. 

PS: Add your name as a signature to save manually typing it in every reply. 

Edited by Jude Bradley

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I opened a support ticket and they said to wait the the next patch coming up next week. Is this the first patch? Also is anyone else having a 748 CTD?

On 12/22/2018 at 11:32 PM, lukejw20 said:

I opened a support ticket and they said to wait the the next patch coming up next week. Is this the first patch? Also is anyone else having a 748 CTD?

Yep me, just today after about 5 hours of flight.

CTD with ntdll. error in the Eventviewer and some strange entry in the ContentError Log file:

[error.0]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Type: Unknown
Name: Unknown
Error: PANELS lookup_var : SimVarGet Failed - Module_Var ID: "280".

[error.1]
error=Gauge/Script Error

[error.2]
error=Gauge/Script Error

[error.3]
error=Gauge/Script Error

Looking forward to the patch, hope that solved the issue.

It was my first flight in 4.4 after a fresh reinstallation so I am afraid to say that the 747-8 is the reason for the CTD.

Will do another long flight with another airplane again to check if its only with the 747-8.

I activated Autosave and continued my flight. Lets see if I can finish it without another CTD 🙂

Edited by Flyinggok

Cheers,
Bernd🌈✈️

I'm having no problems with the other PMDG aircraft, not even the -400. -400 runs great. Do you know when the patch is coming out? Btw Merry Christmas 🙂

• Upvote 1

Oddly I started getting a CTD when selecting any 747-8 variant.  It's repeatable gets to about 8% loading of a flight and will CTD with the following event log error message:

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.4.16.27077, time stamp: 0x5bfdbb35
Faulting module name: util.dll, version: 4.4.16.27077, time stamp: 0x5bfdbbf2
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000002fa33
Faulting process id: 0x2da8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4a167c363d295
Faulting application path: D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\util.dll
Report Id: 495939c2-7cd2-4273-865f-21880ef41eff
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

I tried to use the Operations Center Support portal to submit a ticket but I just get a spinning wheel when I attempt to login and never get to the ticket section to be able to enter my issue.  Unfortunately since I can't get into the 747-8 and Deactivate my license, I'm reluctant to re-install unless the license key/process will remain intact local so it will not trigger any DRM issues?

NOTE: the 747-400 and 777 and 737 all working very well, in fact exceptionally well on the performance and stability front.

Cheers, Rob.

48 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Oddly I started getting a CTD when selecting any 747-8 variant. 

Rob,

I wish I could help, my last flight for the -8 was 9 days ago for 8.6 and no problems.  I did just go load it and it loaded fine.  I'm running W10-64 Pro/1803 and 17.35 driver.  

Grace and Peace, 

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

3 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

I tried to use the Operations Center Support portal to submit a ticket but I just get a spinning wheel when I attempt to login and never get to the ticket section to be able to enter my issue.  Unfortunately since I can't get into the 747-8 and Deactivate my license, I'm reluctant to re-install unless the license key/process will remain intact local so it will not trigger any DRM issues?

Operations Center Support? Never heard of this.

Support.Precisionmanuals.com is always the place to go.

Util.dll doesn’t sound like us. Is your sim’s connection okay? If it can’t get to Navigraph to authenticate, you may see a crash (fixed in the next update).

Kyle Rodgers

2 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Hi Rob, I just logged into PMDG Support Portal (support.precisionmanuals.com) without problem... well that's not true I first tried to use my email as a user name and it didn't like that but it logged me in when I got the correct user name entered.  I am using Firefox.  If you cannot get past login then try creating new support account.  Ah, Kyle beat me.

Yeah, util.dll is a new one.  I've not seen that one myself or reported by anyone else.  Even the navigraph bug shouldn't effect you if you are not on a very slow internet so I don't think it is the QOTSII.  However, you can uninstall with control panel and install anew without affecting your license.  We do it dozens of times during every beta test.

Dan Downs KCRP

6 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Oddly I started getting a CTD when selecting any 747-8 variant.  It's repeatable gets to about 8% loading of a flight and will CTD with the following event log error message:

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.4.16.27077, time stamp: 0x5bfdbb35
Faulting module name: util.dll, version: 4.4.16.27077, time stamp: 0x5bfdbbf2
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000002fa33
Faulting process id: 0x2da8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4a167c363d295
Faulting application path: D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\util.dll
Report Id: 495939c2-7cd2-4273-865f-21880ef41eff
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

NOTE: the 747-400 and 777 and 737 all working very well, in fact exceptionally well on the performance and stability front.

Cheers, Rob.

Also have you made any recent changes?

Regards

Zdenek  Cebis

12 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Operations Center Support? Never heard of this.

There's a Login via the Ops Center for support ... it doesn't appear to work (I think it's a browser control within the app that might be running into security context issues).  I went to the URL directly and was able to submit a support ticket.

I was able to resolve my issue with the 747-8 doing an uninstall/reinstall.  However, now another odd problem (not a show stopper) ... whenever I add a new livery to any 747-8 series and try a flight, I get a DRM trigger (no wheels, no gauges, etc.).  If I exit and reboot my PC, try the very same livery I just added, it works the second time around?  Again this is ONLY for the 8 series, the 747-4's, 777's, 737's all work fine (new livery or existing).

I've downloaded the 8 series expansion a couple of times now from my account page to verify.  Installing with the usual "Run As Admin".  This is on Win10 1809.

I was aware that each purchase must be installed and registered one at a time (including expansions) and I did follow that process which worked well for everything except the 8 series expansion.  Anyway, I can live with this issue it's not major, just have to remind myself to reboot whenever I add a new livery for the 8 series.

Cheers, Rob.

3 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

I was aware that each purchase must be installed and registered one at a time (including expansions) and I did follow that process which worked well for everything except the 8 series expansion.  Anyway, I can live with this issue it's not major, just have to remind myself to reboot whenever I add a new livery for the 8 series.

Embarrassing... I'm a beta tester and I never tried the product support link in the OC Need Help page, which by the way does work on my machine.  Are you using 3d party antivirus software other then the Windows Defender?

You should not have problems launching a new livery for the first time, unless you have a PMDG product set up as a default aircraft.  We cannot do that, only default aircraft should be used for default.  I use the BE58 at my home base as default but the F22 at Langley is fine.  When you select an aircraft/livery and start a scenario and it loads with no wheels or trigger that usually points to a load of one PMDG aircraft on top of another.  During testing, I routinely remove and add liveries all the time and I've never loaded with the situation you described.  Just have to observe the one scenario per session rule.

Dan Downs KCRP

4 hours ago, downscc said:

Are you using 3d party antivirus software other then the Windows Defender?

Windows Defender and it's disabled when I do my flights. 

I'm using default F22 and default P3D location for start.

Now the issue seems more "random" ... at first I thought it was related to adding a new livery to the 747-8.  But I'm now getting the DRM protection trigger about every 4th time I try to fly with the 747-8 ... it'll work for 3 starts, then 4th start I get the DRM trigger.  Really puzzled ... not sure how to proceed.  Uninstall/re-installed didn't solve it ... thought perhaps "Run As Admin" on the Ops Center was the cause, but tried with and without that setting and still same issue.

Disabled other add-ons just to see if there was some conflict ... but once again on the 4th or 5th flight attempt got the DRM trigger, so it doesn't appear to be related to any other add-ons.

Beyond SimConnect logging, is there any other PMDG specific diagnostics that might help ID the problem?

Cheers, Rob.