Sign in to follow this  
lukejw20

747-8 CTD

4 hours ago, downscc said:

I use the BE58 at my home base as default but the F22 at Langley is fine.

Dan,

It is probably better to stick with the F22 as the default aircraft (and preferably with an airfield in your own local time zone).  Apparently the reason is if you use any of thedefault Beech aircraft (the Baron, King Air, or Carenado A36 Bonanza) or the gauge files from any of them (the G1000 is commonly used in third-party freeware acft, for example)--all of these aicraft have been intentionally removed fromP3Dv4.4

7 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

There's a Login via the Ops Center for support ... it doesn't appear to work (I think it's a browser control within the app that might be running into security context issues).  I went to the URL directly and was able to submit a support ticket.

I suspect there may be a problem today with their OC/Server because I don't think it is working properly (maybe a New Year's day issue?).

35 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

is there any other PMDG specific diagnostics that might help ID the problem?

There are debug logs created in the PMDG 747 folder, but unless it is something obvious they are intended to help PMDG Product Support sort the issue out.  You've got a support ticket in, I'm confident you'll hear from them 2Jan.

Dan Downs KCRP

38 minutes ago, berts said:

Dan,

It is probably better to stick with the F22 as the default aircraft (and preferably with an airfield in your own local time zone).  Apparently the reason is if you use any of thedefault Beech aircraft (the Baron, King Air, or Carenado A36 Bonanza) or the gauge files from any of them (the G1000 is commonly used in third-party freeware acft, for example)--all of these aicraft have been intentionally removed fromP3Dv4.4

Perhaps, but I didn't install the v4.4 content specifically so I could keep my twin Beech.  I don't even like to look at the VC of the F-22, reminds me a lot of an arcade game that came out in the 90s with the F-16.  Very cartoonish.  The issue is one of grievance between LM and Textron, one of which I have little interest.

The importance of creating a default scenario in your own time zone cannot be over stressed.  This simulator has an inconsistent and game like approach to how it treats time, and it gets complicated when the user does not observe this.

Dan Downs KCRP

I'm also having util.dll crash when exiting P3D with 747. Solved this issue by temporarily disabling FSLabs both modules. 

18 hours ago, downscc said:

The importance of creating a default scenario in your own time zone cannot be over stressed.  This simulator has an inconsistent and game like approach to how it treats time, and it gets complicated when the user does not observe this.

Do you know if this could lead to NTDLL.dll crashes? I‘m sitting in Germany but my default flight is the P3D default F22 in the USA..

23 minutes ago, Ephedrin said:

Do you know if this could lead to NTDLL.dll crashes? I‘m sitting in Germany but my default flight is the P3D default F22 in the USA..

I doubt it, but setting your default flight in your current time zone (by locating the aircraft at an airport there) is a good practice, simply to help make sure your flight is on the correct time.

Kyle Rodgers

30 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

I doubt it, but setting your default flight in your current time zone (by locating the aircraft at an airport there) is a good practice, simply to help make sure your flight is on the correct time.

Worth a try for no cost I guess

35 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

I do what you are talking about and I don't have any ntdll.dll issues (so far). 🤣

I use the Carenado C152 at 6TE6 and use SAVED SCENARIO to save my PMDG flights. The SAVED SCENARIO flights load just like I left them except the time has updated to the current UTC time.

Grace and Peace, 

Edited by Bluestar
clarification

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

On 1/2/2019 at 12:46 AM, downscc said:

Perhaps, but I didn't install the v4.4 content specifically so I could keep my twin Beech.

I went ahead and installed the 4,4 content and I have had no issues.  I already have the Milviz Baron, but if you want to keep the default Beech aircaft just make a backup of the relevant default aircraft files and put them back into the program's SimObject folder when you have finished the content update (someone else has posted more detailed information about this in the P3D Forum). 

1 hour ago, lukejw20 said:

Nope nevermind still get a CTD

Please note that full names - first and last - are required in the forum.

CTDs can be caused by any number of things. If the update didn't fix it, I'm inclined to say that it's an external issue, but without even knowing what is causing the CTD, that's simply a stab in the dark.

Start Menu > Type "View All Problem" (no quotes) and look for the View All Problem Reports option. Find P3D in the list and expand the latest report.

Kyle Rodgers

Oh there's an update for the 747-8 out, have to go get it.

I still have the odd DRM issue keep popping up, but I'm gonna guess perhaps a SimConnect issue, maybe message saturation?  It's not a big deal for me and I'll see if it goes away with this latest update.

Cheers, Rob.

I must have plugged the joystick in while it was initializing systems. I've been flying from Beijing to Hainan with no problems. False alarm. I'll let you know how the flight goes

Luke Welborn