Sign in to follow this  
Gwaihir

A few questions regarding addons from a newbie

Hello everyone,

I´m new to Prepar3D and it´s a few years ago that I used FSX. I was hoping for Flight Sim World but was dissappointed with it´s closure. X-Plane couldn´t convince me so I will continue with Prepar3D over the next years.

I already got some good addons for FSX but I´m sure the world moved on and there are new addons out there. So I´m just asking:

a) mesh
I own FS Global 2010 FTX + Ultimate Europe + Asia + Americas. As far as I can see there is FS Global 2018 Ultimate NG now. Does that contain ALL packets now? Was FS Global FTX mesh or vector? I´m wondering how I can get the price discount? FS Global seem to have moved to simmarket but how can they know I already own the old package?

b) vector
Here I have the FTX Global Base + Vector + Europe package. These were for streets, coast lines etc, right? Are there any new products here?

c) textures
I still have REX 4 Texture Direct... what about that envtex / envshade? Is it an alternative compared to REX?

For traffic I just purchased Ultimate Traffic Live and I have Active Sky 2016 for the weather. Don´t know if there is a new version out...

I thank you all for your help on this!

Kind regards, Peter

... just have another question: Are there any good planes in the size of a learjet out there?

15 hours ago, Gwaihir said:

I have Active Sky 2016 for the weather. Don´t know if there is a new version out...

Yes, there's AS4P for P3Dv4 which could be offered as an Upgrade from AS2016

And you should get ASCA also which will show you incredible and dynamic clouds and sky textures. ASCA does also work with ENVTEX and ENVSHADE which produces then even better textures and is a very uncomplicated shader which looks very good.

But all above is just my personal opinion, but have a look ...

LYIuDdm.jpg

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Peter, you can continue to use FS Global 2010 with P3D - works fine!

Just install it anywhere (because there is no P3D installer) and then add the areas in the scenery library manually.

Regards, Jan Ast

Win 11 PC | Ryzen 7800 X3D | RTX 3080 Ti | LG 42 C2
Cockpit 😉 | TrackIR 5 | Octavia IFR-1 | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil CM3 Throttle, Virpil Sharka Control Panel | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | TM TPM Rudder

Thanks to you all so far!

Wow, I will definitely go for AS4P+ASCA+EnvTex+EnvShade!

I think I will upgrade to FS Global 2018 Ultimate NG then. But I´m still waiting for a reply from PILOT'S how I can get a discount. I read somewhere that there have been emails with a link but I haven´t gotten any emails from PILOT'S since 2017. Ok, it´s Christmas first so I´m afraid I will have to wait until next year...

Merry Christmas everyone!

I have another question regarding addons for vector enhancements. If I get FS Global Ultimate NG there is only new mesh with it, right? What about vector addons for coastlines and streets? Do I still need one for that? If I remember correctly I had FTX Global in the past...

Does someone have more information on the FS Global discount now that simmarket is hosting the product? How can I get it now that I already have FS Global 2010?

Let me go through my checklist...

FS Global Ultimate NG ... waiting for information on discount
FTX Global ... I possibly still need it
Ultimate Traffiic Live ... check
Active Sky 2018 + ASCA + EnvTex + EnvShade ... check

Did I forget something? Thanks in advance for good tipps!

Hello,

I really doubt that you need urgently FS Global Ultimate. The differences are marginal. Perhaps you will recognize it in a direct contest, but I doubt that you'll see the difference in a few weeks. But maybe there are other opinions.

Ok,

You have a mesh, vector Data (FTX Vector), Ground Textures (FTX Global), Landclass (FTX OLC Europe etc.), Weather (Active Sky and Textures and Texture enhancements) and AI Traffic

So far, seems to be everthing you need for basic flying 😉

Now, you should go more into details and for certain addons, aircraft or scenery.

Depends where you fly mainly, what kind of flyer you are: IFR, VFR etc.

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester