Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

FSDG Pilots of the Caribbean - - - PIREP ?

Hi Folks,

RE: Pilots of the Caribbean

This time of year - I always start thinking of all things warm and tropical... I've been looking to add a scenery or two to build out the Caribbean region for me - came across this developer who I've never heard of before - who has two - they look good - however - I can't find a video or any other screenshots than those provided by the developer...

Does anyone have any experience with these guys ?

Looking for a PIREP especially on the following two:

• St Vincent
  • St Lucia 

Just from the screens I've seen - the satellite imagery looks a bit oversaturated in color - but other than that they look good... Covers the whole island - custom autogen - airports look fairly well modeled in the limited shots...

Here's their site: http://fsdg-online.com/

Thanks...

st-vincent6.png

29425520_2020675191507291_23297726213668

SL4.jpg

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hi Scott,

FSDG has some really nice sceneries (such as Paro & Thessaloniki) but St. Vincent is so bad that I decided not to buy anything else from FSDG.

I don't like the washed out textures, mesh is not smooth and crisp, and the night lighting is awful. I gave the dev some suggestions, but nothing was ever done to improve the scenery, so I passed on St. Lucia.

A better option of St Vincent is coming soon by Richer Simulations. Check out their Facebook page.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

31 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Hi Scott,

FSDG has some really nice sceneries (such as Paro & Thessaloniki) but St. Vincent is so bad that I decided not to buy anything else from FSDG.

I don't like the washed out textures, mesh is not smooth and crisp, and the night lighting is awful. I gave the dev some suggestions, but nothing was ever done to improve the scenery, so I passed on St. Lucia.

A better option of St Vincent is coming soon by Richer Simulations. Check out their Facebook page.

Hi Jose,

Thanks - LOL - saved me a few bucks - much appreciated - and a bit disappointing - as they look like they spent some effort on it...

This is what I have now in the area (TropSim is kind of marginal quality but better than default):

• LVFR - TJSJ Puerto Rico
  • FlyTampa - St. Martin, St Barts, Saba
  • TropSim - St Thomas
  • TropSim - Antigua
  • TropSim - Guadeloupe

Had some Taxi2Gate - but I don't think they're v4 compatible - so I haven't loaded them...

I'll take a look at Richer Simulations - another I haven't heard of...

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613

I fly into TropicalSim’s MDPC, TNCA and TNCC a lot, good sceneries for the price (especially if you pick them up when they are frequently on sale).  TAPA is nice too.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

One more I’ll add is Dream Flight MDPP.    Only caveat is that it is not yet 100% P3Dv4 compatible, some of the autogen is black but the airport itself is very nice and has an interesting approach over high terrain.  Currently on sale.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

4 minutes ago, regis9 said:

One more I’ll add is Dream Flight MDPP.    Only caveat is that it is not yet 100% P3Dv4 compatible, some of the autogen is black but the airport itself is very nice and has an interesting approach over high terrain.  Currently on sale.

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the tips - I'll take a look at the ones I don't have - to see if they're v4 compatable... To be fair to TropSim - their more recent work is substantially better than it was a few years back... While I've had Antigua - I only just bought St Thomas and Guadeloupe - haven't even loaded them yet...

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613

No problem!  Like you I spend a lot of my winter flying transporting virtual passengers to warmer climates so i give these airports a good workout January -  April.

• Like 1

Dave

I’ve always enjoyed the approach to Martinique TFFF (Forte-de-France) as the airport sits in an island cove.  I believe Tropicalsim makes the airport.

• Like 1

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, 512GB Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB Western Digital - Black Edition
RTX 2080Ti (MSI trio), Corsair H115i - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

Hi Scott

I bought few months ago St Lucia because I landed there many times in my previous DC10 flight engineer life. I really love it and it recreates very well St Lucia I knew

Cheers

• Like 1

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

I agree about FSDG disappointing with washed out colors for St. Vincent and St. Lucia, but they redeem themselves with La Romana (MDLR) light. Actually nice.

• Like 1

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

TFFR (Guadeloupe) is from T2G. This TFFF(Martinique) which is TropSim. I have both, very faithfull really good renditions. These were our destinations to the French West Indies with St Marteen. MDPP , TJSJ, TNCA, TNCB, TNCC, all are very good too.

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

11 minutes ago, Pat Mussotte said:

Hi Scott

I bought few months ago St Lucia because I landed there many times in my previous DC10 flight engineer life. I really love it and it recreates very well St Lucia I knew 

Cheers

Hi Pat,

So you like FSDG St. Lucia ?

I saw a post on FSDeveloper after finding them last night that they were doing Martinique to complete their trifecta  - too bad they don't listen to their customers a bit more...

Hah - DC-10 - too cool - used to love the old Erik Cantu model back in FS9 - once you figured out the default state was grossly over MTOW and you had to lessen the load before using it... It didn't really need 12,000 foot runways to get airborne - LOL... I had found a good sound set for it - very unique - liked it very much as well... All it lacked was a professional panel...

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the input as well...

Regards,
Scott 

I agree for the colours "a bit" over saturated, but the airport and the surroundings are very well modeled. When I arrive with my MD11(in FSX) I step back few years ago and I recognize St Lucia no doubt. Don't know for the DC10 you are talking about but a good one is the HJG.

Regards

Pat

Patrick Mussotte

3 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

RE: Pilots of the Caribbean

This time of year - I always start thinking of all things warm and tropical... I've been looking to add a scenery or two to build out the Caribbean region for me - came across this developer who I've never heard of before - who has two - they look good - however - I can't find a video or any other screenshots than those provided by the developer...

Does anyone have any experience with these guys ?

Looking for a PIREP especially on the following two:

• St Vincent
  • St Lucia 

Just from the screens I've seen - the satellite imagery looks a bit oversaturated in color - but other than that they look good... Covers the whole island - custom autogen - airports look fairly well modeled in the limited shots...

Here's their site: http://fsdg-online.com/

Thanks...

st-vincent6.png

29425520_2020675191507291_23297726213668

SL4.jpg

Regards,
Scott

Take a look at RICHER SIMULATIONS - CARIBSKY - ANTIGUA 2018 FSX P3D, coupled with Tropical sims TAPA and it's pretty amazing in V4.4. Another which isn't new but still good and a short hop from there is Latin VFR's TJSJ. And off course their is Fly Tampa's TNCM.

• Like 1

Hi Folks,

OK - so the consensus is that "Richer Simulations" provides far superior work than "FSDG" in the Caribbean... I took a look at their products and I guess I would be interested in their three latest ones - Barbados, St Kitts, and Antigua - for V4 compatibility...

It looks like they don't do the airports on the island they model though - right ? Just the satellite terrain, autogen, mesh, and night lighting ?

So Antigua I'm assuming could use TropSim's TAPA ?

What do we use for Barbados and St Kitts ? I have T2G St Kitts but I thought it had issues in V4 and I don't want to start loading only marginally working scenery...

I'm also not a fan of harsh demarcation lines between airport and surrounding scenery - it doesn't have to be perfect but it can't be a glaring deficiency...

Thanks - appreciate all the input on this topic...

Regards,
Scott