Sign in to follow this  
Celso Filho

Cant start engines even in easy mode

I bought the DC 6 as soon you releasead and i have thousand flies with it even trasnmitting in youtube.

I recently bought the P3d 4.4 and after reformat the machine for a clean install anda istalled all products of pmdg i have, i notice that i simply cant start ANY engine of the DC6!!! ... I Start with cold and dark option and nothing makes the engines starts... It is obvious that i use the engineer to put the aircraft in READY TO START OPTION and Even with all the realism turn to off! i simply cant... 

I think maybe it has something related with my default state. I will try again with another default state.

But even if i put the READY FOR TAXI option (that it starts normally) and came back to COLD AND DARK and start with all the normal procedures that  i ALWAYS did it and worked just fine! it  DID NOT start any engine.

I have two ways to start the engine, one of them foolowed by the real manual of the aircraft, and nothing seems to work. I RE INSTALLED the aircraft but it doesnt work. One of the great parts of the aircraft is their real form of starting the engines but is SIMPLY CANT!! the starts and stops... i am so disappointed

Edited by Celso Filho

What plane to you use in your default flight? I suggest you tu use the F22( I personnally use P3D4.3 with the Baron engines started) with engines started, then when you select the DC6, it will be with engines already started. All you will have to do is to select "Cold & dark".

Regards

• Upvote 1

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

Wen you had panel states in previous versions of P3D (or even FSX) you will have to create them again. As far as I remember you can‘t use them in v4. 

Also make sure that in your P3D realism settings „automixture“ is off. For everything else it might be worth a try to check the intro manual if you have missed anything that is relevant for a new installation, I don‘t know...

I use the AC11 commander blue in COLD AND DARK! I prefer that because if i start with the F22 started then some aircraft as the Flightone King Air that i love starts on. The point is. Everything is ok. No automixture, nothing. If i start on the mode READY TO TAXI everything works fine. Then i turn to COLD AND DARK and use the engineer to set to READY TO START it doenst start. I am following the same procedure even WITH the REALISM in mod easy but no engine starts... NO ONE! 

Is the AC11 Commander "native in P3DV4.4? First try to set "engine started" instead of "Cold & Dark".

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

4 minutes ago, Celso Filho said:

I use the AC11 commander blue in COLD AND DARK! I prefer that because if i start with the F22 started then some aircraft as the Flightone King Air that i love starts on. The point is. Everything is ok. No automixture, nothing. If i start on the mode READY TO TAXI everything works fine. Then i turn to COLD AND DARK and use the engineer to set to READY TO START it doenst start. I am following the same procedure even WITH the REALISM in mod easy but no engine starts... NO ONE! 

Try it with a default aircraft in a ready to takeoff/taxi state.

MOD NOTE: Moved to appropriate subforum.

Edited by scandinavian13

Kyle Rodgers

2 minutes ago, Pat Mussotte said:

Is the AC11 Commander "native in P3DV4.4? First try to set "engine started" instead of "Cold & Dark".

Yes. It is but i change it for the F22, them loaded the DC 6 and it worked. I will came back to the F22 as default but COLD and DARK and try again!

6 minutes ago, Celso Filho said:

Yes. It is but i change it for the F22, them loaded the DC 6 and it worked. I will came back to the F22 as default but COLD and DARK and try again!

I'm not sure what you're saying here.

Sounds like my suggestion worked, and then you're now trying something that I specified earlier will probably not work. I said "a default aircraft" because it doesn't matter which default aircraft you have set in your default flight - it should be left in a running state.

Kyle Rodgers

When Kyle tells you to set "ready to fly" state I urge you to follow his advice😉

Patrick Mussotte

Yup... there is a reason why developers provide a click-to-ColdAndDark... you should not mess with the default flight as P3D -as sofisticated it might be - still doesn‘t reset itself when switching aircraft. As soon as you set anything as default that isn‘t actual default setup there are variables set inside the sim that will be dragged into the addon. Sometimes you make your sim life harder when you try to ease it. 

That‘s also the reason why sim starter tools are not recommended as soon as you use complex addons like PMDG. 

I'll vouch for this because I learned the lesson on the DC-6 - you absolutely can't get it started if your default flight is cold and dark, even if you bypass the default flight and load the DC-6 directly.  A cold-and-dark default worked for me for years, but add-ons like the DC-6 have now become so complex that any change in the default flight parameters has the potential to screw up the way the add-on initializes.  Using the plain vanilla F-22 default flight means your DC-6 will load with engines running, and you'll have to select "cold and dark" by hand in the configuration pop-up.  That's a bit of an immersion-breaker - but not so much as not being able to start the aircraft at all.  Hope this helps.

Edited by Alan_A

On 12/21/2018 at 11:48 PM, Alan_A said:

That's a bit of an immersion-breaker

Very true, however I found myself pretty comfortable with loading the airplane at the airport I want to fly from (Not only the DC-6 but also every other airplane), shut it down the quickest way possible (most devs have included a C&D-button somewhere) and than switch to the outside view on the ground like I was approaching the airplane. In this view I go to my second and third screen and do all my flight planning like I was sitting in a briefing room watching my airplane outside.. When that's done 15 minutes later I am back within the immersion that I come to the airplane, board it and so on. 

1 hour ago, Ephedrin said:

When that's done 15 minutes later I am back within the immersion that I come to the airplane, board it and so on. 

Agree.  In the case of the DC-6 it takes a second or two to select cold and dark.  A small hiccup - not nearly as bad as having an airplane you can't start at all... 😎

• Like 1