Sign in to follow this  
newtie

P3D airport selection reset

Hi all-

I'm gettin' some odd behavior that I thought might have been aircraft related but unfortunately it is not.

Start P3D > leave default jet selected > Select airport/runway > Select OK > Return to start page > flips back to airport change screen blank > need to enter airport runway data again

P3D does this ~50% of the time.

Anyone else seen this? Any ideas for a fix?

Thanks,

Mark

You didn't mention if it was 4.3 or 4.4, in any case might be worth reinstalling client and content, something might have gotten screwed up somewhere.

steve southey

4.4 new install.

I was hoping not have to reinstall.

I’ll continue looking at this.

Thanks,

Mark

I seee this behavior periodically in v3.4 as well.  Seems if I not rush the airport/position selection it goes away

• Like 1

Hans Soule

Come to think about it, I've seen this. Now I watch the map inset and wait for it to settle out. Hasn't done it since.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

6 hours ago, newtie said:

4.4 new install.

I was hoping not have to reinstall.

I’ll continue looking at this.

Thanks,

Mark

Should only take 15mins max, remove client under Windows App uninstall, install client,  then remove content, install same  way, no need to reinstall any addons as they aren't affected. Poppet,  a moderator in these forums has produced an excellent how to do this.

steve southey

Did a client repair, no change in behavior.

I'm wondering if the associated airports/runways along with the problem are in the content data base.

No sure if that has a repair function although a full install, separately, should be possible.

Edited by newtie
sp