Sign in to follow this  
Thorax

Is networking master/slave supported?

Hi, new here. I've  heard very good things of the gtn750 for Xplane. I'm looking to integrate this into my home cockpit setup. However, because I run a separate computer for the avionics in a master slave Xplane configuration, I was wondering if it would be possible to run this plugin I  the slave avionics computer and have it talk to the master. Would this plugin work in a setup like this?

It's not possible to run  this on the main  PC, Wich runs on Linux

Thanks again

Hi,

I really don't know whether this works or not.

I'd say if any other plugin can work in the 'client' PC normally, which means it is capable of displaying a window, and read/write datarefs, I'd guess our plugin would then work?

Do you run any known plugin already on the 'client' PC?

Edited by RXP

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hi, thanks for the answer. The slave is a full xplane copy so it should be able to run a plug in and read datarefs. Regarding dataref write i believe its posible to enable this functionality. Do you have a list of datarefs the plugin needs read/write access?

Also by chance have you tested this in linux runing the simulator on wine (windows emulator)? I have tested myself the Garmin trainer software on wine and works

Regarding the license its possible to install in only one computer? Or more? I may need to test different combinations so more than one installation may be required.

Thanks again

Hi,

Unfortunately the list would be too long/complex and it depends on the GTN Device setings in-sim.

We've not tested under linux but we were not satisfied with our experimentation on macOs along similar lines.

The EULA grant you the right to install on 2 computers (typically desktop and laptop) provided you don't run both at the same time. You won't be limited to do your experimentation.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)