Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

CaptainSim 757 P3D v4

Can someone answer me the following questions with respect to the P3D v4 version of the CaptainSim 757......

• Does it have a full manual save option? In other words, are all panel buttons/switches/settings retained when loading a saved scenario?
  • Can fuel and payload be set with the FMS?
  • Is the FMS fully functional? Am I able to build flightplans with direct FMS input (as opposed to importing from elsewhere)?
  • Realistic sound effects (including thrust reversers)?
  • Does the autopilot work properly? By this, I mean.....does it fly the plane reasonably accurately when compared to the magenta line (as opposed to only a vague connection like some planes I could mention)?
  • Does it handle well on the ground? Realistic power settings to get it moving/smooth turns etc.
  • Finally......can I look forward to a $10 sale any time soon? :wink:
Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Effective 0000z 23DEC18 for 24hrs only you can buy it for $25 so we can both find out for that price (literally just got the Captain Sim News email 1 minute ago).

Cheers,

Mark

• Upvote 2

Thank you, Mark! Are they discounting the Rolls Royce engine expansion pack aswell?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

4 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Can someone answer me the following questions with respect to the P3D v4 version of the CaptainSim 757......

• Does it have a full manual save option? In other words, are all panel buttons/switches/settings retained when loading a saved scenario?
  • Can fuel and payload be set with the FMS?
  • Is the FMS fully functional? Am I able to build flightplans with direct FMS input (as opposed to importing from elsewhere)?
  • Realistic sound effects (including thrust reversers)?
  • Does the autopilot work properly? By this, I mean.....does it fly the plane reasonably accurately when compared to the magenta line (as opposed to only a vague connection like some planes I could mention)?
  • Does it handle well on the ground? Realistic power settings to get it moving/smooth turns etc.
  • Finally......can I look forward to a $10 sale any time soon? :wink:

Yes there's a panel save.

Yes fuel can be set in the fms.

Yes the fms is fully functional with respect to routes.

I think the default sounds are fantastic. Definitely the best on a Captain Sim aircraft.

Autopilot still has some issues over shooting altitude restrictions. People complain about having to deploy speed brake on descent. But apparently this is realistic behavior in the 757.

Ground handling is fairly good within p3d's limitations. It also supports a tiller axis very well if you have a peripheral to use as a tiller.

My main complaint is this aircraft is very performance heavy. I struggle to get over 24 fps in larger airports. In cruise it's fine. I tried to land in Flytampa Boston and it was a stutter fest.

Edited by JasonPC
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, JasonPC said:

[...]

Autopilot still has some issues over shooting altitude restrictions. People complain about having to deploy speed brake on descent. But apparently this is realistic behavior in the 757.

[...]

For all I know, it is indeed realistic behavior. While I'm not a 757 pilot (or any other kind of pilot), I've read numerous accounts of RW 757 pilots stating that the 757 is a very slippery aircraft that requires proper descent planning.

I for one will definitely get the 757 at this sale! Been pining for a short to medium haul cargo liner for months now. Glad I waited to see if there'd be a sale. I can only hope they will release the freighter expansion pack soon, but it seems to me that they are wanting to push out one final SP for the base packages before they do so.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

What about the Rolls Royce expansion pack? Is that also discounted in this sale?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Right now, the airplane has big issues with proper EPR settings and VNAV issues.  It's frustrating.  I attempted a flight with the new build, EWR-LIS at almost max weight.  I was over 40NM from EWR just passing 10,000' and only getting an 800' climb rate - I actually terminated that flight.

Also, if you try to use a flex temp, the airplane is way under powered, take-off roll is way too excess.

I'm getting a bit peeved because this issue has been ongoing and every time they say it's fixed w/ a hot fix, the hot fixes never work.

Edited by Dreamflight767

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

What about the Rolls Royce expansion pack? Is that also discounted in this sale?

Usually it’s their full packages that are on sale and excludes the expansions pack but who knows. If it’s not included it will be a $5 difference for the Rolls Royce engines. 

At regular price it’s $105.69  and during the sale $50 to $55.

1 minute ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Right now, the airplane has big issues with proper EPR settings and VNAV issues.  It's frustrating.  I attempted a flight with the new build, EWR-LIS at almost max weight.  I was over 40NM from EWR just passing 10,000' and only getting an 800' climb rate.

Also, if you try to use a flex temp, the airplane is way under powered, take-off roll is way too excess.

I'm getting a bit peeved because this issue has been ongoing and every time they say it's fixed w/ a hot fix, the hot fixes never work.

Out of curiosity have you tried that new beta update? I saw it mentioned on FSElite a few days ago. Supposedly an 'official' update will be released soon as well. It seems focused on the EPR issues.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Version 1.3 with a number of fixes/changes should be out before the end of this year, according to the CS team.

Trevor

I'll have to try the beta update. There was also major problems with properly trimming the plane at takeoff. The indicated trim value in the fms is not right resulting in a very scary unstable takeoff. My workaround was to make sure the plane is trimmed for extra nose up. Not ideal.

38 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

Out of curiosity have you tried that new beta update? I saw it mentioned on FSElite a few days ago. Supposedly an 'official' update will be released soon as well. It seems focused on the EPR issues.

So the beta mentioned on FSElite was .207.  We are up to .209 which is only available via their forums.  Beta .207 was the fix that had the major EPR/climb issues.  I'm trying .209 right now which is the fix to .207 which was the fix to .200.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

Aaron, would like to see what you think about fix .209.  I've been eyeing this airplane for a while, hesitant because of the bugs.  

Dave

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Ironically, I would not be flying the aircraft any time soon because I am still using P3D v3.4. However, I am hoping to upgrade to 64bit flight simulation in 2019, so getting the P3D v3 version of the plane would be stupid. I could wait, but a price cut from $75 to $25 is hard to ignore. Maybe those "EPR issues" will have been resolved by the time I get to fly the plane? :smile:

The reason I am waiting to upgrade to 64bit flight is because my current PC would not do it justice. I don't want to waste my time and money having to fly around at medium settings (which is probably what I would have to do in P3D v4 with an i5 4690k/16GB DDR3-1600 RAM/2GB GTX 770 powered system), so I prefer to hang on until I win the lottery (preferably tonight's £15 million SuperDraw) :wink:

Having said that, I do actually have P3D v4 installed (currently for beta testing purposes only)......

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

17 minutes ago, SAX702 said:

Aaron, would like to see what you think about fix .209.  I've been eyeing this airplane for a while, hesitant because of the bugs.  

Dave

I'll keep you posted within a few hours.  Don't get me wrong, besides the issues with VNAV and EPR, it's a great & fun airplane.

Aaron Ortega