Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

CaptainSim 757 P3D v4

Hello:

I just tried .209.  GGOV-LPPT.  Two issues.

-Unable to enter a flex temp.

-I advanced throttles, hit MCP EPR button.  EPR engages, engines spool up.  However, during take-off roll, EPR disengages and throttles/engines spool up to N1 102% and I receive ECAM messages.

Only during climb can I re-engage EPR/VNAV and engines spool back down to proper settings.

The climb issues appears to be fixed.

As a follow-up to my previous post, A/C is heavy on frames.  Leaving EWR yesterday I was only getting 10 FPS.  I was using ORBX stuff, WX, and add-on EWR scenery, including AI traffic.

VNAVs biggest issue is during decent.  A/C would frequently pitch down at 4,000' per min and get you to your restriction miles and miles before.  I'm still on my way to LPPT so I'll check out VNAV as I get closer.

I noticed that the VNAV issue was worst if you tried to change a STAR.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

Right, so CaptainSim need to sort out the "EPR disengage" and "VNAV during descent" issues before I start using the plane. Can someone please let them know the calibre of customer that they need to satisfy? :laugh:

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Lol 🙂

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

1 hour ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Hello:

I just tried .209.  GGOV-LPPT.  Two issues.

-Unable to enter a flex temp.

-I advanced throttles, hit MCP EPR button.  EPR engages, engines spool up.  However, during take-off roll, EPR disengages and throttles/engines spool up to N1 102% and I receive ECAM messages.

Only during climb can I re-engage EPR/VNAV and engines spool back down to proper settings.

The climb issues appears to be fixed.

As a follow-up to my previous post, A/C is heavy on frames.  Leaving EWR yesterday I was only getting 10 FPS.  I was using ORBX stuff, WX, and add-on EWR scenery, including AI traffic.

VNAVs biggest issue is during decent.  A/C would frequently pitch down at 4,000' per min and get you to your restriction miles and miles before.  I'm still on my way to LPPT so I'll check out VNAV as I get closer.

I noticed that the VNAV issue was worst if you tried to change a STAR.

What about the trim at takeoff issue and climb thrust being rated higher than takeoff thrust? Also, F/D not properly commanding V2+15/20 after takeoff until accel height? Are these fixed? I find the first climb segments to be pretty messy.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

21 minutes ago, threegreen said:

What about the trim at takeoff issue and climb thrust being rated higher than takeoff thrust? Also, F/D not properly commanding V2+15/20 after takeoff until accel height? Are these fixed? I find the first climb segments to be pretty messy.

Trim is by default set under the rating and so if you don't set it (or forget it) you'll have a t/o config alarm ringing. At least that's what I saw the only time I tested it.

Honestly for 25 bucks it's more than ok, but not for the usual 85. It looks great and although it might never get fully fixed it's very fun. I'll go for it. Hard to see that all the good things are coming this weekend. (MAddox 83/88, CS757 sale) What's next, PMDG 50% sale???:laugh:

My wallet will be more than empty next year...

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, threegreen said:

Honestly, I got distracted with the EPR issue and the ECAM messages from the thrust settings, I didn't notice those concerns.  I'm not too sure I'd be a good judge of those either as I'm not familiar with those functions/systems.  So if they were not operating as they should, I didn't really notice.  Sorry!

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

36 minutes ago, LH340fan said:

Trim is by default set under the rating and so if you don't set it (or forget it) you'll have a t/o config alarm ringing. At least that's what I saw the only time I tested it.

Honestly for 25 bucks it's more than ok, but not for the usual 85. It looks great and although it might never get fully fixed it's very fun. I'll go for it. Hard to see that all the good things are coming this weekend. (MAddox 83/88, CS757 sale) What's next, PMDG 50% sale???:laugh:

My wallet will be more than empty next year...

I too am scared that it won't ever be fixed.

Aaron Ortega

44 minutes ago, LH340fan said:

What's next, PMDG 50% sale???:laugh:

That's one of those "when pigs fly" statements!😁

36 minutes ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Honestly, I got distracted with the EPR issue and the ECAM messages from the thrust settings, I didn't notice those concerns.  I'm not too sure I'd be a good judge of those either as I'm not familiar with those functions/systems.  So if they were not operating as they should, I didn't really notice.  Sorry!

No worries. I'm sure you would have noticed if these things didn't work right. Stab trim being all over the place when set to the value the CDU calculated, F/D directing a pitch at which the aircraft will accelerate substantially instead of maintaining V2+15-20 and climb thrust being rated higher than takeoff thrust. Plus, I struggle to find a reasonable thrust reduction for takeoff. Using flex temp/derate or both calculated by TOPCAT brings me horrendously close to overrunning the runway and triggers all kinds of terrain warnings which is why I think they may have gotten their data wrong. Thus, takeoff and the first climb segments become messy and really stressful. These are the bugs that still keep me from thoroughly enjoying this bird which is otherwise fantastic.

Hopefully 1.3 will iron out most (all?) of that.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

1 hour ago, threegreen said:

No worries. I'm sure you would have noticed if these things didn't work right. Stab trim being all over the place when set to the value the CDU calculated, F/D directing a pitch at which the aircraft will accelerate substantially instead of maintaining V2+15-20 and climb thrust being rated higher than takeoff thrust. Plus, I struggle to find a reasonable thrust reduction for takeoff. Using flex temp/derate or both calculated by TOPCAT brings me horrendously close to overrunning the runway and triggers all kinds of terrain warnings which is why I think they may have gotten their data wrong. Thus, takeoff and the first climb segments become messy and really stressful. These are the bugs that still keep me from thoroughly enjoying this bird which is otherwise fantastic.

Hopefully 1.3 will iron out most (all?) of that.

I completely agree with your statement about the RWY overrun.  That happened to me when I tried a flex out of PHKO.  I didn't notice the trim issues.  I set the trim the CDU computes but didn't notice it pitch issue.  I'm almost in LPPT so I'll do a test flight after this one. 

Aaron Ortega

It was said that panel states can be saved. What about saving a flight e.g. in midair and reloading it?

I already own the Flightfactor 757 v2 for XP11. How do they compare?

Edited by longrangecruise

Regards, Perry

Hi:

I must stand corrected and apologize to the Developer.  It appears the "issues" with EPR were user (my) error.  I did a quick flight after receiving some insight from the Developer and everything worked as should.

Separately, I did an RNAV ARR into LPPT and the airplane flew as should.  This is with update .209.

Sorry for the mis-communication and giving the wrong impression.  Maybe this update did fix some of the big issues.

• Upvote 3

Aaron Ortega

3 minutes ago, Dreamflight767 said:

I must stand corrected and apologize to the Developer

You're a good man to admit that.  Many others would slink away.

2 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Hi:

I must stand corrected and apologize to the Developer.  It appears the "issues" with EPR were user (my) error.  I did a quick flight after receiving some insight from the Developer and everything worked as should.

Separately, I did an RNAV ARR into LPPT and the airplane flew as should.  This is with update .209.

Sorry for the mis-communication and giving the wrong impression.  Maybe this update did fix some of the big issues.

Aaron there was an issue where the throttle would not keep the target speed during cruise (throttle would just not move forward enough). Did you experience this in previous version 1.2? Was it fixed in 1.3 candidate?

Shom

Edited by Shomron

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

35 minutes ago, Shomron said:

Aaron there was an issue where the throttle would not keep the target speed during cruise (throttle would just not move forward enough). Did you experience this in previous version 1.2? Was it fixed in 1.3 candidate?

Shom

Hi Shom,

I have never experienced/seen such issues.  Besides, what I thought was a system issue (EPR) only to realize it was my issue, I had a great flight from GGOV-LPPT and another test flight from KMHR-KMHR to better learn the EPR system.

FPS are still on the lower side though.  They also fixed the climb issues in .207 & 8 w/ .209

• Like 1

Aaron Ortega