Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

CaptainSim 757 P3D v4

8 hours ago, d.tsakiris said:

How do the engines spool up when starting? Nice and slow, as with a PMDG, or do they suddenly jump to life, like a default piston engine?

They did jump to life when it was first released but that has been sorted out already. They struggle however to get to 25% N1 where Boeing recommends adding fuel, which might happen IRL too but only under specific weather conditions, normally it should reach 25% easily and even surpass that.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

20 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

I completely agree with your statement about the RWY overrun.  That happened to me when I tried a flex out of PHKO.  I didn't notice the trim issues.  I set the trim the CDU computes but didn't notice it pitch issue.  I'm almost in LPPT so I'll do a test flight after this one. 

It's odd that some people run into issues that others never encounter. There are people like you who don't seem to be having trouble with the trim and there's people like me who almost crashed on their first takeoff because the CDU value for stab trim was way too low (and still is every flight). What makes it even more bizarre is that the CDU value corresponds with the table in the flight manual so either the manual is wrong too or some other issue puts the airplane out of trim... CS did state however at some point that they had the stab trim issue on their list of things being worked out.

Apologies for the double post, had trouble quoting from another page of this thread.

Edited by threegreen

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

9 hours ago, d.tsakiris said:

How do the engines spool up when starting? Nice and slow, as with a PMDG, or do they suddenly jump to life, like a default piston engine?

Can't say I work on 757s very often for real, but when I do they are Thomas Cook/Condor 757-300s which have Rolls Royce RB211s, not those depicted on the standard Captain Sim version of a 757-200 with P&W PW2000s which I have for P3D. I do very often see TUI and Jet2 757s on the ramp as well although I can't say I've ever bothered checking what engines they have, but I'm familiar with those cranking up as well although not actually working on those ones myself.

As far as I can tell, the engines on the CS 757 seem to spool up at more or less the right speed for a 757 compared to what I see when overseeing starting up the real thing's engines or watching one of those TUI or Jet2 757s pushing out.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Morning:

Doing another flight KSFO-KBOS.  Left KSFO few hours ago and without issues using a FLEX thanks to the info. provided by the Dev.  I do not recognize any issues with trim...T/O trim was config by the CDU at 4.25 if I recall.  I jumped to FL350 and just stepped to FL370 passing Denver.  I'm using ORBX, WX, and AI with 30 FPS.

In my opinion, there is a huge selection of liveries w/ in the ACE.

To me, engine start sounds and works great.  Having said that though, I've only been in the 7-5 flight deck one time during engine start.

Edited by Dreamflight767
  • Like 1

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

I just completed a great, smooth flight.  Flew the JFUND2 STAR with lots of restrictions and the airplane flew it great.  Enjoying this airplane with the fixes.

• Like 1

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

28 minutes ago, Dreamflight767 said:

I just completed a great, smooth flight.  Flew the JFUND2 STAR with lots of restrictions and the airplane flew it great.  Enjoying this airplane with the fixes.

Thank you for reporting back!

• Like 1

Don't forget to try out the cabin views.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Doing a kjfk-egph route right now. I have to say, since the version i had tried it clearly has improved. (BTW got it during the sale yesterday)did a good takeoff, now cruising over the atlantic. Hence it's low on frames though... Had to remove VC cabin to get the best out of it. Not so bad at cruise (around 25) but now I can get more Fps from the VC than the exterior. Weird. I like the weather radar, cuz it can work either with vanilla P3D weather, AS , rex and even the cheap FSXWX that works and is free. (btw great if you can't afford AS after all you spent on addons this winter). WIsh it had steppings though, cuz you have to change FL in the fmc manually and be aware about where to do so. On the pros, now you have2 routes so great for etops like today. Flying the 535DL today, with 184 souls O/b .

oy13.jpg

sjc7.jpg

You can follow it on projectfly as well if you want. My username is om457 and my pos is at about N52.30w043.0

59 minutes ago, ninerwhiskey9W said:

Has anyone tried flying a hold in this aircraft ? 

Not deliberately as such but I was shooting an RNAV approach  last night while having my first flight in the 757, the go around had a hold coded in the FMC,it seemed to go ok, but not programed a hold myself yet.

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

On 12/22/2018 at 12:51 PM, LH340fan said:

Trim is by default set under the rating and so if you don't set it (or forget it) you'll have a t/o config alarm ringing. At least that's what I saw the only time I tested it.

Honestly for 25 bucks it's more than ok, but not for the usual 85. It looks great and although it might never get fully fixed it's very fun. I'll go for it. Hard to see that all the good things are coming this weekend. (MAddox 83/88, CS757 sale) What's next, PMDG 50% sale???:laugh:

My wallet will be more than empty next year...

Yes, especially  with PMDG 125% sale increase when P3D V5 get's here. Those guys sure found the gold mine by charging more for recycling their old stuff. Some people say  they enjoy that system, and PMDG  said, COOL Leroy,  well here it goes. 

2 hours ago, LH340fan said:

Doing a kjfk-egph route right now. I have to say, since the version i had tried it clearly has improved. (BTW got it during the sale yesterday)did a good takeoff, now cruising over the atlantic. Hence it's low on frames though... Had to remove VC cabin to get the best out of it. Not so bad at cruise (around 25) but now I can get more Fps from the VC than the exterior. Weird. I like the weather radar, cuz it can work either with vanilla P3D weather, AS , rex and even the cheap FSXWX that works and is free. (btw great if you can't afford AS after all you spent on addons this winter). WIsh it had steppings though, cuz you have to change FL in the fmc manually and be aware about where to do so. On the pros, now you have2 routes so great for etops like today. Flying the 535DL today, with 184 souls O/b .

oy13.jpg

sjc7.jpg

You can follow it on projectfly as well if you want. My username is om457 and my pos is at about N52.30w043.0

Hi:

Can you explain how you removed the VC cabin?

Thanks.

Aaron Ortega

10 minutes ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Hi:

Can you explain how you removed the VC cabin?

Thanks.

In the ACE under local settings you can tick or untick the VC cabin model. Disables teh pax cabin and so the ability to go to the bathrooms during your journey.

3 hours ago, jon b said:

Not deliberately as such but I was shooting an RNAV approach  last night while having my first flight in the 757, the go around had a hold coded in the FMC,it seemed to go ok, but not programed a hold myself yet.

I just finished flying 2 test flights, and it skipped right over the hold, and straight to the next waypoint, while losing altitude rapidly. i checked the hold was activated, and shown on the NAV display. Can someone try flying a hold next time they fly and report the results ? If it is happening for others, then it is definately a bug.

Also, I found the engine sounds a bit underwhelming. Is there a soundpack for PW engines available ?

Edited by ninerwhiskey9W