Sign in to follow this  
Samaritano

Captainsim everything $25 for 24 hrs.

7 hours ago, rooitou said:

Is this the sale that used to be everything for $10?

Nope.. That one happened back in October.  This one is a bonus.  

• Like 1

Ernest Pergrem

The 757 is certainly worth having for this price.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 hour ago, airernie said:

Nope.. That one happened back in October.  This one is a bonus.  

Cool thanks airernie, I missed that one, but just glad we're not having 150% inflation on our sales now 😉

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

So what's the normal retail price of the 737 with all the packs? Are these all more than $25 a piece? Seems unlikely... I mean, an exterior freighter model for $25, just for the exterior model alone? I just can't tell if this is a good deal, since I don't own any of their products since the Fs9 707, and that left a bad taste. Opinions? Advice?

52 minutes ago, rightseat said:

So what's the normal retail price of the 737 with all the packs? Are these all more than $25 a piece? Seems unlikely... I mean, an exterior freighter model for $25, just for the exterior model alone? I just can't tell if this is a good deal, since I don't own any of their products since the Fs9 707, and that left a bad taste. Opinions? Advice?

Had a quick look on FSPilotshop website and the Boeing 737 base pack is $50 for P3D4 only, another $35 for P3Dv2/3 and another $35 FSX. (Total of $118 for all three platforms). The exterior models are $20 for P3D4 and $15 for FSX.

I think those are also the normal prices on Captain Sim website, but I haven't been to their website in a long time. Bought some of their FSX versions on a $10 sale. Their planes are quite nice, but I'm not a big tubeliner fan, so haven't flown them much. I think $25 is good value for someone who flies them a lot, but for me $10 is a better deal considering the small amount of time I spend with them. Plus I will be a lot more willing to spend $25 if I get all the platforms in one package. I really don't like how some developers sell separate versions for each ESP platform.

Edited by rooitou

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

I decided to purchase the P3D v4 version of the 757 for $25, but since the Rolls Royce expansion pack is only $5 less than the normal price, I decided to hang fire on that one until I have tested the base package.

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Kinda weird purchasing it, didn't log in, doesn't even have my email but says it sent me an email.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

I decided not to buy the 757. First time I ever saw Taxes applied to a purchase of downloaded software purchased in US dollars in Canada. The total ended up being a few cents shy of CAD $40 which is what that addon should probably normally retails for anyway. At least $40 was about the normal retail price I payed for an addon not all that long ago and typically the CS purchases where the ones I'd end up regretting.😀

Not terribly accurate I appreciate, but does anyone know if the base PW pack either comes with, or has available, a TUI repaint as that would be the primary carrier / reason for giving it a go at $25 ?

Thanks

8 hours ago, rooitou said:

Boeing 737 base pack is $50 for P3D4 only

No, no, no, The normal price for the P3D V4 CS 757 is a whooping US$75+

At that price I'd buy it when hell freezes over! 🤣

Hello. Am I reading this right? The 777 is only P3D V3 compatible ? I have P3D 4.4

Thanks,

Mike.

TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI)MOTHERBOARD 
AMD Ryzen 5 5900X CPU-LIQUID COOLED
AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
32GB RAM G-SKILL TRIDENT Z
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

1 hour ago, garydpoole said:

Not terribly accurate I appreciate, but does anyone know if the base PW pack either comes with, or has available, a TUI repaint as that would be the primary carrier / reason for giving it a go at $25 ?

Thanks

Most of the TUI repaints are for the RB versions as far as I know, but I do know there is a TUI (G-OOBD) repaint for the base pack PW version because I have it installed. Here's a screenshot of it below.

Personally, I couldn't really give a toss about what pretend engine the thing is using and I'm not about to pay extra for the privilege of doing so either. If it had super-duper unbelievably realistic engine modelling which was the talk of the entire flight sim community, I'd consider buying other engined variants, but since it doesn't, I'm happy to fly around in a base pack version.

Moreover, I don't want to encourage that stupid sales model either, it's getting dangerously close to the kind of nickel and diming nonsense which Ariane indulges in, and we know where that's got them. But having said all that, at this price, the CS 757 base package is a steal and it is well worth having. It is pretty much worth the normal price you pay for it if you ignore all that 'pay extra for a different model' nonsense that CS insist on spoiling their reputation with.

Anyway, here's the CS default package 757 in P3D V4.4 with that TUI repaint on it:

qzAdlpi.png

Edited by Chock
  • Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

At the top of the shop you will see buttons to select the simulator versions.

Select the simulator you want and only those products will display.

It becomes immediately clear that there are none for X Plane.😑

• Upvote 1