Sign in to follow this  
Samaritano

Captainsim everything $25 for 24 hrs.

2 hours ago, Chock said:

Most of the TUI repaints are for the RB versions as far as I know, but I do know there is a TUI (G-OOBD) repaint for the base pack PW version because I have it installed. Here's a screenshot of it below.

Personally, I couldn't really give a toss about what pretend engine the thing is using and I'm not about to pay extra for the privilege of doing so either. If it had super-duper unbelievably realistic engine modelling which was the talk of the entire flight sim community, I'd consider buying other engined variants, but since it doesn't, I'm happy to fly around in a base pack version.

Moreover, I don't want to encourage that stupid sales model either, it's getting dangerously close to the kind of nickel and diming nonsense which Ariane indulges in, and we know where that's got them. But having said all that, at this price, the CS 757 base package is a steal and it is well worth having. It is pretty much worth the normal price you pay for it if you ignore all that 'pay extra for a different model' nonsense that CS insist on spoiling their reputation with.

Anyway, here's the CS default package 757 in P3D V4.4 with that TUI repaint on it:

qzAdlpi.png

Many thanks for the confirmation. To be honest, flying a TUI with PW engines is not going to give me sleepless nights, so I think that I may give this a punt ! 

At $25 get this bought quick.

Ive bought a lot of stuff in the sales recently and really wasn’t looking for anything else but thought I’d have a punt on this. I’m very pleasantly surprised by it.

Only had a quick spin so far but the VC night lighting is top notch. Yes I’ve seen some foibles in the FMC and VNAV but then so have some other big Boeing packages , if you know where to look,which cost several times as much (compared to this sale price).

The flight model seems good apart from the roll isn’t as responsive as I’d like, I understand this has been reduced in updates but by a bit too munch I think.

On the whole a great platform which hopefully can be fine tuned and refined over time.

There’s a lot of aeroplane here for $25/£20 it’s well worth you picking it up while it’s cheap, in my opinion probably the best bang for your buck available for the next few hours.

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Engine noise and lighting are pretty good. There are some things in flying and auto pilot that seem a bit off but nothing that's a deal breaker. not bad for $25. However, there is a 2D configuration panel that I should be able to pull up to open the doors or turn on the APU, but I cannot pull it up. Additionally I posted this in the Cpt Sim forums and no reply. If anyone knows how to access that in P3D v4.4 please let me know. (Shift 2, shift 3, etc isn't working for me)

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

55 minutes ago, jon b said:

At $25 get this bought quick.

Ive bought a lot of stuff in the sales recently and really wasn’t looking for anything else but thought I’d have a punt on this. I’m very pleasantly surprised by it.

There’s a lot of aeroplane here for $25/£20 it’s well worth you picking it up while it’s cheap, in my opinion probably the best bang for your buck available for the next few hours.

you convinced me and i totally agree, this is $25 well spent.  the cs L1011 and B52 for fsx were pretty good but this one for p3dv4 is nicer.  glad to have one of the coolest looking airliners ever built. 

VR in the vc looks good, although like the L1011, the vc night textures are a little too bright so i'll be darkening them a little and upload to CS later.

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

1 hour ago, SKEWR said:

However, there is a 2D configuration panel that I should be able to pull up to open the doors or turn on the APU, but I cannot pull it up. Additionally I posted this in the Cpt Sim forums and no reply. If anyone knows how to access that in P3D v4.4 please let me know. (Shift 2, shift 3, etc isn't working for me)

Hello,

please check that you have not reassigned the shift and number commands to something else.

There is no difference between P3D and FSX in this respect, the simicons are "Window01=SimIcons"

and this does indeed open with shift and 2.

2 hours ago, nolonger said:

Hello,

please check that you have not reassigned the shift and number commands to something else.

There is no difference between P3D and FSX in this respect, the simicons are "Window01=SimIcons"

and this does indeed open with shift and 2.

Hello and thanks for replying.

I have not reassigned anything. I did check Panel.cfg in SimObjects/Airplanes/ ... Panel.cfg and the entry you mentioned is in there. Not sure what the heck is happening. 

Thanks again for trying and if you have any other suggestions, I'm all ears!

7 hours ago, SKEWR said:

I have not reassigned anything. I did check Panel.cfg in SimObjects/Airplanes/ ... Panel.cfg and the entry you mentioned is in there. Not sure what the heck is happening.

Hello,

did you try to open the window from the P3D drop down menu instead?

Do none of the 2D pop up windows work?

Is the shift and a number working in your default aircraft?

There is no difference between them and this one in this respect.

Edited by nolonger

6 hours ago, nolonger said:

Hello,

did you try to open the window from the P3D drop down menu instead?

Do none of the 2D pop up windows work?

Is the shift and a number working in your default aircraft?

There is no difference between them and this one in this respect.

Hello again.

Yes the windows CAN be opened by the drop down menu. So I'll be content using those until there is a fix. The shift keys do work in other aircraft.

I'm not quite sure why this is happening, but my work around will be to use the menu.

Thank you for your help @nolonger

On 12/23/2018 at 9:51 AM, Chock said:

But having said all that, at this price, the CS 757 base package is a steal and it is well worth having.

Also I've been only flying GA and mediums, and wanted to get into larger aircraft and before putting down heavy on an MD80 package and not liking it, this is kind of a good learning experience at $25 to learn the basics first.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD