Samaritano

Captainsim everything $25 for 24 hrs.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thanks for the heads up.  Was waiting for this so I can check out their new iteration of the 757.

Getting a $70 product for $25 is surely a bargain.  They are getting ready to update to v1.3 but it already flies nice. 

3 hours ago, Samaritano said:

From Captainsim.

Captains,
We regret to inform you that from 0000Z 23DEC2018, 24 hours only, everything is $25 (even the 757). 
A festivus for the rest of us. Air your grievances at https://www.captainsim.com

Is it just me or is the e-mail kind of weird? The phrasing...

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

Is this for fsx only, The 777 for p3d is showing 70$ still.

The sale hasn't started yet....

I think he meant that people who paid full price are going to be a bit miffed.

I'll pick up the 757, one of the few aircrashes I don't have!  🙂

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, thibodba57 said:

The sale hasn't started yet....

oops my bad..;. I guess I should pay attention to the full description lol.

Thanks

I'm going to buy the CS 757 base pack for $25 because I thinks that's about the correct value of a CS addon.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hello.

When I'm attempting to purchase, I am still seeing the $75 for the base pack. Is there something else I need to do?

2 minutes ago, SKEWR said:

Hello.

When I'm attempting to purchase, I am still seeing the $75 for the base pack. Is there something else I need to do?

Yes, you need to wait for the planet to rotate around a bit more until it is actually the 23rd of December (Zulu Time), when the sale starts.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 3

Just now, Chock said:

Yes, you need to wait for the planet to rotate around a bit more until it is actually the 23rd of December, when the sale starts.

LOL

Thanks!

34 minutes ago, Chock said:

Yes, you need to wait for the planet to rotate around a bit more until it is actually the 23rd of December (Zulu Time), when the sale starts.

LOL, Now that was funny!!!!

No worries Skewr, I did the same thing, I Didn't notice the date and was wondering the same.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rooitou said:

Is this the sale that used to be everything for $10?

Nope.. That one happened back in October.  This one is a bonus.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, airernie said:

Nope.. That one happened back in October.  This one is a bonus.  

Cool thanks airernie, I missed that one, but just glad we're not having 150% inflation on our sales now 😉

So what's the normal retail price of the 737 with all the packs? Are these all more than $25 a piece? Seems unlikely... I mean, an exterior freighter model for $25, just for the exterior model alone? I just can't tell if this is a good deal, since I don't own any of their products since the Fs9 707, and that left a bad taste. Opinions? Advice?

52 minutes ago, rightseat said:

So what's the normal retail price of the 737 with all the packs? Are these all more than $25 a piece? Seems unlikely... I mean, an exterior freighter model for $25, just for the exterior model alone? I just can't tell if this is a good deal, since I don't own any of their products since the Fs9 707, and that left a bad taste. Opinions? Advice?

Had a quick look on FSPilotshop website and the Boeing 737 base pack is $50 for P3D4 only, another $35 for P3Dv2/3 and another $35 FSX. (Total of $118 for all three platforms). The exterior models are $20 for P3D4 and $15 for FSX.

I think those are also the normal prices on Captain Sim website, but I haven't been to their website in a long time. Bought some of their FSX versions on a $10 sale. Their planes are quite nice, but I'm not a big tubeliner fan, so haven't flown them much. I think $25 is good value for someone who flies them a lot, but for me $10 is a better deal considering the small amount of time I spend with them. Plus I will be a lot more willing to spend $25 if I get all the platforms in one package. I really don't like how some developers sell separate versions for each ESP platform.

Edited by rooitou

I decided to purchase the P3D v4 version of the 757 for $25, but since the Rolls Royce expansion pack is only $5 less than the normal price, I decided to hang fire on that one until I have tested the base package.

• Upvote 1

Kinda weird purchasing it, didn't log in, doesn't even have my email but says it sent me an email.

I decided not to buy the 757. First time I ever saw Taxes applied to a purchase of downloaded software purchased in US dollars in Canada. The total ended up being a few cents shy of CAD $40 which is what that addon should probably normally retails for anyway. At least $40 was about the normal retail price I payed for an addon not all that long ago and typically the CS purchases where the ones I'd end up regretting.😀

Not terribly accurate I appreciate, but does anyone know if the base PW pack either comes with, or has available, a TUI repaint as that would be the primary carrier / reason for giving it a go at $25 ?

Thanks