Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

Maddog X 1.3b351 with PBR out and 83-88 tomorrow

2 hours ago, LH340fan said:

On the post they talked about PBR for the VC as well (reflexion on the fms) i think

I wonder if the fms is the only pbr item. I would assume it wouldn't be but either way. Will still be cool to see.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Seeing they keep on improving an already very good looking product I am tempted to give myself a nice little Xmas present.

As they have no place for me to ask on their own forums prior to purchase (which is sad), I want to try good old avsim to get the answers to my questions. Thanks in advance.

# Is it possible to use separate axis for tiller and rudder like in other study level addons (FSL A320 or Majestic Q400 are the only ones I know who did it right)?

# Does loading / importing PFPX flightplans into the FMC work?

# What is your experience with the default modules for the MD-82 of PFPX and TOPCAT? Are they good enough? Are there better ones available?

# Is it possible to create customized panel states which are automatically loaded with the aircraft (like it is nicely done with PMDG aircraft)? I have seen in reviews there are three default states but that's not what I mean.

# How is performance compared to PMDG NGX and FSL A320?

Lastly, what is (in your opinion) the main point of critique about this addon? I ask this because I want to avoid buying an addon which in the end I will not use. At the moment, I exclusively fly the FSL A320/A319, because for me personally, this is the pinnacle of desktop flightsimming. I feel the Leonardo Maddog is close or equal in most regards and even above in others (visuals).

Thanks again and merry christmas to all of you.

cheers,
NiIs U.

AMD 5800X3D | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200MHz | RTX 4070 12GB @ 1920x1050px

Hi Nils,

1) Not that I know of 

2) Don’t think so, I always enter manually.

3) Topcat works good, I use it, for a flex temp.

4) Yes, you start with let’s say the default C&D, set the aircraft as you like, then change the new saved panel state by renaming it to C&D. The new C&D will be how you like it. You cannot save states in the FMC.

5)Performance is great around the same as the NG.

I only fly this aircraft 1 to every 10 times I fly the A319/NG, so wait to see what other answers you get am not a expert unlike the NG/A319 that I know very well.

I agree the FSL 319 is the pinnacle of all.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

11 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

1) Not that I know of 

Oh no! 😭 Actually I don't want to go back to addons that don't offer realistic flight control setups.

12 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

4) Yes, you start with let’s say the default C&D, set the aircraft as you like, then change the new saved panel state by renaming it to C&D. The new C&D will be how you like it. You cannot save states in the FMC.

So you can save panel states via P3D menu but not in the FMC? That's okay, as I would do it only once anyway.

Thanks David!

cheers,
NiIs U.

With the latest PFPX update I was able to export a flightplan that was accepted by the Maddog.  This wasn’t the case previously.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

22 minutes ago, NovemberUniform said:

Oh no! 😭 Actually I don't want to go back to addons that don't offer realistic flight control setups.

So you can save panel states via P3D menu but not in the FMC? That's okay, as I would do it only once anyway.

Thanks David!

I have a steering tiller assigned to another axis on my HOTAS via FSUIPC and it works fine.

The profile I use for PFPX is highly accurate. I'm not sure if it's default or one from another developer.  I can try to figure it out but I'll have to get on my desktop Todo it.

Aircraft performance is comparable if not better than the NGX.  Visuals are very good as well.

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

49 minutes ago, NovemberUniform said:

Thanks Dave, good to know. What profile are you using?

For the export I used the "Leonardo SH MD82 2008/2010 (P3D)" export option. 

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

57 minutes ago, thibodba57 said:

I have a steering tiller assigned to another axis on my HOTAS via FSUIPC and it works fine.

Thanks. And you can move the rudder without turning the nose wheel? 

cheers,
NiIs U.

6 hours ago, Lenny777 said:

Yeah now in the Forums problem is the downloader they have. Wait in line for x minutes or create an account with MEGA. Ridiculous.

You should just cut and paste the code in the forums for Mega download. You dont need to create an account for Mega

Richie Walsh

1 hour ago, NovemberUniform said:

Thanks. And you can move the rudder without turning the nose wheel? 

Hmmm, I don't play with the rudder. However in the real aircraft the ruddger pedals will move the nosewell anyways. If I recall it's 7* vs 70* in the tiller. Same sith the 74 and I'm pretty sure all aircraft.

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

Odd, installs fine but getting an error when I hit the register button (email and key provided)

uc?id=1ijih8m26xJas-EzNV8u5vm7CZaAl9a3g

Anyone else run into this issue?  It's possible I didn't deactivate my old license when I wiped out my other PC and install on my new PC now ... but not much to go on from this error message.

Cheers, Rob.

2 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Odd, installs fine but getting an error when I hit the register button (email and key provided)

uc?id=1ijih8m26xJas-EzNV8u5vm7CZaAl9a3g

Anyone else run into this issue?  It's possible I didn't deactivate my old license when I wiped out my other PC and install on my new PC now ... but not much to go on from this error message.

Cheers, Rob.

Haven't Rob.  Maybe a bad download?

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

Do the PBR liveries come with the new installer or do you have to download those separately?

Thanks. 

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

20 minutes ago, RichieFly said:

Do the PBR liveries come with the new installer or do you have to download those separately?

Thanks. 

separately from their support forum.

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS