Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

Maddog X 1.3b351 with PBR out and 83-88 tomorrow

4 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Odd, installs fine but getting an error when I hit the register button (email and key provided)

uc?id=1ijih8m26xJas-EzNV8u5vm7CZaAl9a3g

Anyone else run into this issue?  It's possible I didn't deactivate my old license when I wiped out my other PC and install on my new PC now ... but not much to go on from this error message.

Cheers, Rob.

According to the install guide:

NOTE: If you get a registration error message, you have another active activation on our servers. You
need to reset the activation and you must submit a support ticket:  CLICK HERE TO OPEN DIRECT LINK.

• Like 1

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Thanks all, I submitted a ticket for reset.

Cheers, Rob. 

3 hours ago, kdfw__ said:

separately from their support forum.

Thanks.

And, oh man. This is something I didn't know I needed..PBR. This looks great.

(Note that you have to enable PBR in the Load Manager.)

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

11 hours ago, NovemberUniform said:

Seeing they keep on improving an already very good looking product I am tempted to give myself a nice little Xmas present.

As they have no place for me to ask on their own forums prior to purchase (which is sad), I want to try good old avsim to get the answers to my questions. Thanks in advance.

# Is it possible to use separate axis for tiller and rudder like in other study level addons (FSL A320 or Majestic Q400 are the only ones I know who did it right)?

# Does loading / importing PFPX flightplans into the FMC work?

# What is your experience with the default modules for the MD-82 of PFPX and TOPCAT? Are they good enough? Are there better ones available?

# Is it possible to create customized panel states which are automatically loaded with the aircraft (like it is nicely done with PMDG aircraft)? I have seen in reviews there are three default states but that's not what I mean.

# How is performance compared to PMDG NGX and FSL A320?

Lastly, what is (in your opinion) the main point of critique about this addon? I ask this because I want to avoid buying an addon which in the end I will not use. At the moment, I exclusively fly the FSL A320/A319, because for me personally, this is the pinnacle of desktop flightsimming. I feel the Leonardo Maddog is close or equal in most regards and even above in others (visuals).

Thanks again and merry christmas to all of you.

Yes it is.

Yes, it's possible with the new version of PFPX.

I've got a nice template for PFPX, just can't remember where. Don't use Topcat though.

Yes, I save a flight and when I get back it's perfectly the way I let the last time. This feature is simply a must for any serious addon.

I runs VERY smoothly in my rig. It's amongst the best ones out there.

The switches, buttons and rotaries should behave like PMDG's, it would save a lot of time and hassle.

• Like 1

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

The MD-83 and MD-88 expansion is now available at simmarket. It’s 25€ + VAT; go get it ;).

Happy holidays everyone,

Alejandro

Edited by chironale

Well, I went out and updated the base pack then bought the expansion, loaded everything up, chose the MD-88 in Delta colors then went to my local class B airport (KATL), cold and dark, and took a screen shot. All I can say is WOW. I didn't get KORD for Christmas, but this will certainly do!

uVMXpa.png

Edited by mmcwill1

Mike McWilliams

Asus Rog Maximus XI Extreme motherboard, Intel i9-9900ks CPU, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 2080 TI video card, G.Skill  TridentZDDR4 32GB SDRAM, Samsung NVMe SSD 970 1TB

How's the new expansion pack? No comments yet on the boards so just wondering....

Ilya Eydis, PPL, ASEL

Love the expansion pack. Only problem - I had a CTD. It happened when I opened the ATC window. I have Rex Skyforce and AS running along with FSCrew and GSX2. I'm also running simsounds trial. All worked on the non-expansion md before. 

Edited by Lenny777

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

Second CTD. Same configuration as above. Using the MD-88. This time programming the FMC. I'm going to run it using differnt addons. I called FSCrew and everything else without calling GSX and it crashed. I also had the updated WXRadar but I'm swithcing back to HiFi AS as WX client.

Is there a way to buy the Maddog X at a discount if I purchased the original version from Leonardo directly in 2012?

I’m struggling with how much of a noticeable difference there is between the -83 and -88 vs the base aircraft and whether it’s a worthwhile purchase as a fairly casual user of the maddog, any thoughts?

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I did a fresh install and all's working pretty well, no CTD when using ATC. I don't use any addon like GSX (and I will not as I noticed it can seriously complicate the things about crashes and performances).

The aircraft is with no doubt a one to have.

Good day to everyone 😃

Intel i9 - GPU RTX 3080 - 32 gig RAM HyperX Fury DDR 4

33 minutes ago, Lenny777 said:

Second CTD. Same configuration as above. Using the MD-88. This time programming the FMC. I'm going to run it using differnt addons. I called FSCrew and everything else without calling GSX and it crashed. I also had the updated WXRadar but I'm swithcing back to HiFi AS as WX client.

I don't know if you are using SODE but I was having crashes caused by old SODE enabled airports after the most recent SODE update. There's an option to fix incompatible SODE gates in SODE that fixed it for me. Check your windows error log to see what module is causing the crash. I know there was talk that Rex weather radar was causing crashes in older builds.

16 minutes ago, regis9 said:

I’m struggling with how much of a noticeable difference there is between the -83 and -88 vs the base aircraft and whether it’s a worthwhile purchase as a fairly casual user of the maddog, any thoughts?

Not much of a noticeable difference.

From Wikipedia

The MD-81 (or as it was originally known the DC-9 Super 81 or DC-9-81) was the first production model of the MD-80, and apart from the MD-87, the differences between the various long-body MD-80 variants is relatively minor. The four long-body models (MD-81, MD-82, MD-83, and MD-88) only differ from each other in having different engine variants, fuel capacities, and weights. The MD-88 and later build versions of the other models have more up-to-date flight decks featuring for example EFIS.

• Like 1

Rick Verhallen

i9-13900KF OC to 5.8 Ghz | 64 GIG- G.Skill 7200 RAM | Asus ROG Maximus z790 Hero Motherboard | Gigabyte  RTX 4090 OC |  47" Samsung 4K Monitor I HP Reverb G2 HMD I Varjo Aero HMD I  Windows 11

Ok, I did not use simsounds, FSCrew and changed WXRadar on setup back to HiFi and all is good. I'm going to try the WXRadar again later and see if that was the problem. It's not UUWW. I've flown the updated patch with MD-82 before the new expansion and wasn't the SODE jetway.