Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

Maddog X 1.3b351 with PBR out and 83-88 tomorrow

39 minutes ago, molleh said:

Is there a way to buy the Maddog X at a discount if I purchased the original version from Leonardo directly in 2012?

I don't think so.  The only discount I am aware of is if you want to buy it for a second platform (e.g. you bought the new version for FSX and also want the P3D version).

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

1 hour ago, Lenny777 said:

Ok, I did not use simsounds, FSCrew and changed WXRadar on setup back to HiFi and all is good. I'm going to try the WXRadar again later and see if that was the problem. It's not UUWW. I've flown the updated patch with MD-82 before the new expansion and wasn't the SODE jetway.

Just a suggestion, sometimes after installing a new add-on, I rebuild the sims. config file.  Just something to help you try.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

This is their external variant of AA provided by Leonardo with PBR and DR turned up.

Cheers, Rob.

What prog are you using for external views Rob?
It is very smooth!

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

1 hour ago, David Roch said:

What prog are you using for external views Rob?

ChasePlane

Cheers, Rob.

2 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

This is their external variant of AA provided by Leonardo with PBR and DR turned up.

Cheers, Rob.

I noticed that PBR is independent of Dynamic Reflections, which had been a doubt for me for some time.

But I also noticed that DR creates a kind of "aura" around the skin of the aircraft that makes it too lit for my taste, yet the reflection effect is cool, but it also reduces frame rate (not sure whether or not it reduces whilst in the virtual cockpit though).

And the worst, IMHO, PBR capability made the whole aircraft too much lit and it killed the capability of enhancing the contrast by the ways of PTA/Tomato, i.e., making the sunlit parts brighter and the shadowed parts darker.

Edited by Wanthuyr Filho

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

51 minutes ago, Wanthuyr Filho said:

But I also noticed that DR creates a kind of "aura" around the skin

I haven't noticed that?  Are you down-scaling the image, that "might" cause that "aura" effect.  I don't use external shaders, in theory PBR shouldn't need them and any controlling of levels can be accomplished via the UI graphic HDR sliders.  You also have to be careful with replacing sky textures as they can also introduce that "aura" effect along with a PBR materials surface not done well ... to do PBR materials it's best to start with a zero base in simulator and use PBR specific software tools like Substance Designer (which should be calibrated for PBR).

Unfortunately LM are stuck supporting non-PBR and PBR so have to provide some compromises to allow the two to work reasonably well in the virtual world.

Yes, DR (especially at ultra setting) will have an FPS impact pending your GPU (it's a full view multi-pass process) ... as you can see even the clouds in the sky, road vehicles, ground surface, terrain, AI aircraft, are being reflected on any/all surfaces that support DR.

Cheers, Rob.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Rob Ainscough said:

I haven't noticed that?  Are you down-scaling the image, that "might" cause that "aura" effect.  I don't use external shaders, in theory PBR shouldn't need them and any controlling of levels can be accomplished via the UI graphic HDR sliders.  You also have to be careful with replacing sky textures as they can also introduce that "aura" effect along with a PBR materials surface not done well ... to do PBR materials it's best to start with a zero base in simulator and use PBR specific software tools like Substance Designer (which should be calibrated for PBR).

Unfortunately LM are stuck supporting non-PBR and PBR so have to provide some compromises to allow the two to work reasonably well in the virtual world.

Yes, DR (especially at ultra setting) will have an FPS impact pending your GPU (it's a full view multi-pass process) ... as you can see even the clouds in the sky, road vehicles, ground surface, terrain, AI aircraft, are being reflected on any/all surfaces that support DR.

Cheers, Rob.

No down-scaling here, using 4k resolution in a 55" screen. Just to make sure what I was seeing I took 2 screenshots, one for each case (DR on and off). It seems to be really something related to reflection, with DR activate it might "reflect" the surrounding environment and thus creating this "brightness" around the fuselage. And it's more visible in the edges of the fuselage in the boundaries of the view.

But the main issue to me seems to be the PBR itself, as it made the airplane too bright to my taste (I've only tested this old AA livery so far), something the HDR sliders won't help because it's more related to the contrast between sunlit areas and shadowed areas (I like a bump of more contrast particularly). And yes, I'm aware sky textures make a huge difference in the overall appearance of the whole simulator, it's complicated! In the end it's really a matter of compromise, until maybe the graphics engine is revamped from scratch.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

5 minutes ago, Wanthuyr Filho said:

Just to make sure what I was seeing I took 2 screenshots, one for each case (DR on and off).

Any chance you can share those screenshots?  Is this without using any shader products like PTA and/or others?

Cheers, Rob.

Sure, I had deleted them, but recovered just in time. First one DR enabled (first notch) and the second one DR disabled.

https://ibb.co/VwF6Fz4

https://ibb.co/PDZwpGj

It's using PTA in order to create this stronger contrast effect I've mentioned earlier.

In the next post I will put comparisons between PBR enabled and PBR disabled.

Edited by Wanthuyr Filho
Bad Links

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

There goes a sequence of 8 pictures being 4 with PBR enabled and another 4 with PBR disabled. It shows clearly what I've mentioned earlier, in which when PBR is enabled the aircraft appearance seems to be too much washed out. IMHO with PBR disabled the contrast looks much more natural.

https://ibb.co/TqZT3rJ
https://ibb.co/hs0D7mY

https://ibb.co/51hznrj
https://ibb.co/VpvRshL

https://ibb.co/xFRDcdD
https://ibb.co/NnHfnbv

https://ibb.co/xGSZNJM
https://ibb.co/tmHy6t9

Edited by Wanthuyr Filho
Bad Links

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

13 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

ChasePlane

Cheers, Rob.

Thank you and Merry Christmas!

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

How did I miss this jewel for so long?
I am discovering the Maddog X just now, and I am speechless.
What a beautiful piece of software. How much work and passion one must involve to reach this level of perfection!
Kudos to Leonardo and his team and thank you!

Best regards,
David Roch

25 minutes ago, David Roch said:

How did I miss this jewel for so long?
I am discovering the Maddog X just now, and I am speechless.
What a beautiful piece of software. How much work and passion one must involve to reach this level of perfection!
Kudos to Leonardo and his team and thank you!

Agreed, I'm also late to the party and glad I finally joined. 

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor