Sign in to follow this  
HenrikElster

Autogen Issue Orbx Prepar3D v4 (Corrupt terrain.cfg file)

After having gone without it for several months, I recently decided to reinstall FTX Vector. After doing so, I noticed some pretty serious issues: the terrain and autogen seemed to "blend in" with all of my airports; bits of grassy terrain would cover/replace parts of the taxiways and runways, and trees would pop up randomly all over the place. The tree issues could be countered by setting my autogen sliders to 'None' in settings, but I couldn't figure out how to get rid of the random bits of grass/towns which are making my P3D completely unusable. 

At first, I figured it was an issue with the airport elevations (which Vector is notorious for), but quickly discovered that wasn't the case. So, I uninstalled Vector (and subsequently all of my other ORBX products: Global Base, LC Europe, NA, and SA). I  then deleted the ORBX folders in my P3D folders, and in %Programdata%. I also rebuilt my scenery and P3D cfg's, and disabled all my addon sceneries. Still, the problem persists at every airport, even with NO ORBX installed (not even a single product). 

This is what my EGKK looks like: https://gyazo.com/57d0b71ffd8e633e8c70074af9f03248

This is my first ever post on the forum--apologies for any errors in formatting. Thank you for any advice!

I fixed your photo link so now it can be seen.  Enjoy the forums and welcome to Avsim.

• Like 1

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

1 hour ago, HenrikElster said:

I also rebuilt my scenery and P3D cfg's,

Hello,  Welcome to the Avsim Forums.

Have you tried regenerating the terrain.cfg file ?   

Try these steps, in this order

1)  Delete the terrain.cfg file

2)  Then Launch Prepar3D to the first screen,   and then close Prepar3D down again,  this will generate a default terrain.cfg file. 

3)  Now launch the FTX Central control panel and wait 10 \ 15 seconds Or until you see the message Activating Orbx Scenery at the bottom left, This will reconfigure your terrain.cfg file again  

4)  Close FTX Central 

Then launch Prepar3D and test 

----

Also you could look at This Post and follow the steps for the Correct Scenery library priority and reinstalling the Orbx libraries. 

If you are still having Issues, Please post of the official FTX Forums for quicker support 

Orbx also places elevation files in Scenery/world/scenery.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

1 hour ago, Poppet said:

Have you tried regenerating the terrain.cfg file ?   

Try these steps, in this order

1)  Delete the terrain.cfg file

2)  Then Launch Prepar3D to the first screen,   and then close Prepar3D down again,  this will generate a default terrain.cfg file. 

3)  Now launch the FTX Central control panel and wait 10 \ 15 seconds Or until you see the message Activating Orbx Scenery at the bottom left, This will reconfigure your terrain.cfg file again  

4)  Close FTX Central 

Then launch Prepar3D and test 

Thank you all for your replies! This worked! I had been somewhat cautious about regenerating the terrain.cfg because I had read conflicting reports about the risks of doing so, but it definitely did the trick. 

I'm sorry for not posting this directly on the Orbx forums--I'll do so next time. Thanks again.