c0020001
      14a8
      01d49aa9ee6d908a
      E:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
      C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
      bc09ec74-0e60-4707-814e-48996685fa57

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

Colin - There is an Avsim CTD Guide (link on the RH side of the home page) that you can download and reference regarding your error.  There are steps you can take to try and resolve your specific problem.  HTH!

Edited by dmiannay

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Hello Colin

The KERNELBASE.DLL error can be cause by many different situations,  Hardware Instability, Software, Out of date drivers, Add Ons and so on.

Here are some suggestions taken from the Avsim CTD (Crash to Desktop) Guide

Try these steps one by one and test as you go along

1) Possibly graphic settings are to high, Regenerate the Prepar3D.cfg file,  Follow This Link for more Information.

2) Update or reinstall your graphics driver but maybe try DDU (Driver Display Uninstaller) to cleanly remove your previous driver and then reinstall your graphics driver again. Please see This Link for more Information.

3)  Run the The System File Checker, Its a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.  For a guide to use this tool Click Here

4)  Open the Windows Task Manager go to Start Up and disable all startups (that are not needed for operation of your computer)   Then test Prepar3D

5) To eliminate a corrupt windows user Account, Temporarily Create another Windows User Account with Admin privileges,  Sign into this new account and then launch Prepar3D and test

thanks all,  been through most of these feel a reformat coming on just checking this is not a general issue before spending hours getting everything back right 

Colin hodds

Hi,

The key is the error code. The error reports indicates both the error code, and the location of the failure in the module code (the 'offset').

In this case, error code is: 0xc0020001, BOOTUP_EXCEPTION_COMPLUS.

You may see an exception with this code when trying to call into managed code. This can happen if you call in before the runtime has finished initializing, or after the runtime has started shutting down.

Here are 2 links to more detailed explanations:
http://faithlife.codes/blog/2008/04/exception_0xc0020001_in_ccli_assembly/
https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/cbrumme/2003/04/15/error-c0020001/

Therefore, the most likely culprit, provided it is not a P3D4.4 internal bug, is that you are running an add-on (module or gauge or otherwise) which is calling into managed code when the 'runtime' has closed already. Most likely given the links above, this module or gauge has a 'global' which needs to be destroyed on exit, and this 'destruction' invokes the call into managed code.

I'd suggest you disable all your add-ons and see which one is triggering the error when you re-enable them one-by-one.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

thanks rxp hopefuly the rogue add on is soon updated not frequent enough for elimination at the moment 

Colin hodds

7 hours ago, cannow said:

Anyone else getting a heck of a lot of kernel base errors since 4.4

Not a lot, in fact only one and it was related to a USB device going "offline" in combination with GIT running in the background.  I have over 47 USB devices (GF modules, yokes, rudders, throttles, etc.) connected for my main FS PC, it takes some wrangling to get them all "stable" (adequate power) under Windows 10.

However, as pointed out, Kernelbase.dll error can be a result of many triggers so remove/disable all add-ons as a start to the diagnostics process.  I think Aerosoft released an Add-On manager for free recently to make the process easier.

Cheers, Rob.

9 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

However, as pointed out, Kernelbase.dll error can be a result of many triggers

All these error like kernelbase, ntdll, etc. may mean something to a developer who has a debugger attached to the app, but for the average flightsim user, they are pretty much worthless information. It's like a layperson asking someone with a profound mental illness what exactly is causing their problem. The answer might make sense and it might not. There's no way of telling the apart the two kinds of answers. Once a third party add-on has done something it wasn't supposed to do, the results after that point are unpredictable. 

I haven't had any of these types of errors with 4.4 and the few that I've seen seen with any of the V4 versions were due to a specific 3rd party add-ons that was subsequently corrected by the developer. I did encounter one very strange error though:

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.4.16.27077, time stamp: 0x5bfdbb35 Faulting module name: nvfatbinaryLoader.dll, version: 25.21.14.1634, time stamp: 0x5bbe7bf1 Exception code: 0xc0000409 Fault offset: 0x00000000000b4114 Faulting process id: 0x1724 Faulting application start time: 0x01d49423f248e80c Faulting application path: G:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v4\Prepar3D.exe Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\nvfatbinaryLoader.dll Report Id: 228c8239-aee6-482a-b782-483193393c1d Faulting package full name: Faulting package-relative application ID:

I saw it once and then never again.  After searching with Google, I discovered it is related to CUDA and caching. I'm not looking for assistance on this error. Rather I'm just pointing out how useless these error messages are to end users.