Sign in to follow this  
gianmarcoragazzoni

A2A C172 advice on GPS

Hi,

I wanted to ask you for advice on which GPS to buy for the A2A C172 product.
I have seen that there are two manufacturers selling GPS, Flight1 and Reality XP.
For both the GNS 530/430 and GNT 750/650 models are available.
Which do you recommend to buy between Flight1 and Reality XP for P3D4 4.4?
Thank you.

F1 you get the GTN650 and GTN750 in a bundle. RXP you have to buy them separate. But the RXP supports the newer Garmin trainer versions with VNAV etc, it's still being actively developed and updated. RXP's implementation is slicker imo (you'll see similar comments all over with a quick Google). Also RXP is on sale 30% off until end of the year.

I wouldn't bother with the GNS430/530, whilst they are more likely to be found in real life in A2A's aircraft the functionality and usability is far behind the GTN. The GNS is a complete pain to programme IFR plans in to since it only has four rotary knobs and a few buttons, whereas the GTN gets a full touchscreen keyboard. Also the GTN displays more data such as obstacles and VRPs.

More developers tend to support the F1 GTN vs the RXP GTN in their virtual cockpits, but RXP's configuration tool makes it very easy to swap in their unit.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Flight 1 for sure. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

For the same reasons as ckyliu, I recommend GTN over GNS.

Regarding the maker, I recommend RXP: better performance, more functionalities, more reactive support and more frequent updates.

Also, please note that numbers of F1 owners are converting to RXP.

• Upvote 1

- TONY -

At this time the A2A C172 Configurator does only support the following models of RXP: GNS 430 and 530. The RXP GTN are not supported by default. You would have to use the RXP tools and instructions.

- TONY -

I would also recommend the RXP units. More features, excellent support and quick to update whenever there's a new P3D version.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1