Sign in to follow this  
jahn

PMDG 737 on P3D v4.4: AC is gears up upon scenario reset

21 hours ago, DAL1850 said:

Even when I think I've gotten away with it, some flight system invariably ends up fux0red. I wish it were otherwise, but this is just the way things roll in this (or any PMDG) bird. I'm sure if it were trivial to address, PMDG would have resolved it many moons ago.

This has nothing to do with PMDG. Other complex airplanes (FSL, Majestic for example) behave the same. And if it was resolved by LM I suppose this would require new addons from scratch. 

The only complex addons you can reload are A2A aircraft. They somehow found a way to manage it and I think that‘s part of the Accusim magic. But even they can only be reloaded in their current state, not switched or changed.

Edited by Ephedrin

FSiPanel does  pretty good job of letting you fly repeat scenarios. While the 737 is initializing the software lets it 'fly' in a bubble not moving laterally or vertically so you can make all setup changes you want before pressing the brakes which let the plane fly normally again. 

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

Hey everyone,

thanks for all the helpful feedback! Really helps.

I'll have to try out all the suggestions.

I have tried `disabling` the crash ( I think it's somewhere in the Controls Options )...doesn't work. After initialisation,  the AC starts veering/creeping port-side into the grass next to the runway...and sort of hobbles......to me: a clear sign the simulation is majorly corrupted.

All try things out and get back to this thread if any questions.

Question to Russel: What is FSiPanel? by the way...some sort of add-on? or a P3D subsystem?

Regards

Jahn Drink

Edited by jahn
forgot last name in signature

35 minutes ago, jahn said:

Question to Russel: What is FSiPanel? by the way...some sort of add-on? or a P3D subsystem?

Jahn, it's a training add-on that allows you to place your aircraft anywhere in the pattern or at a fix on a STAR to practice repeat approaches or pattern work. If you have a favorite (or hated!) airport you can practice every approach until you nail them all. Don't think I can post to a commercial website but it is easy to find. Support is good too. You pay per aircraft. a 737 license gets you all the variants 600-900. 

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

My solution to the issue posed by the OP:

I use a startup situation that has a default 737 as a saved flight.  When using any complex aircraft and wanting to redo from a saved position, I do not find it at all necessary to restart the simulator.  I just first load back my default scenario and after it fully loads, I then load back my saved situation with the complex aircraft again, keeping it in slew mode until it initializes.  When disengaging the "slew", the engines will be at idle so there is a slight drop in altitude and airspeed as they rapidly power back up.  A little practice and you can easily compensate for that.   You cannot load one complex aircraft on top of another.  This is true, of course, but nothing prevents you from loading an intermediate scenario with a default aircraft in between.  Much quicker and less troublesome than a full shutdown and restart of the simulator.

When I switched to GSX v2 I designed special multiple jetway gates at many major airports and while in a single simulator session,  I needed to test various different large complex aircraft to insure that the jetways would connect.  I simply loaded my default scenario each time in between each switch and never had any problem.  I would do this multiple times during a single session of modifying an airport without any issues.   Imagine if I had to fully shutdown and restart for each model and each new gate!

Craig

Edited by HiFly

On 12/27/2018 at 8:40 PM, HiFly said:

This is true, of course, but nothing prevents you from loading an intermediate scenario with a default aircraft in between.  Much quicker and less troublesome than a full shutdown and restart of the simulator.

The PMDG addons set variables to simconnect that are not reset when you load a default flight and then a PMDG airplane again. so these variables are still valid. If you don't noitice any issues, good.. But just try and go into abnormal situations where the usage of the systems is actually required. I'm almost sure that you will run into problems.

I've experimented a lot with this load and save things (to understand the Sim) that are commonly adviced in intro manuals (or like here by Kyle). And I never came out with a well working airplane after that. From wrong system behaviour and corrupted flight models up to CTD. 

Edited by Ephedrin

On 12/28/2018 at 7:46 PM, Ephedrin said:

I've experimented a lot with this load and save things (to understand the Sim) that are commonly adviced in intro manuals (or like here by Kyle). And I never came out with a well working airplane after that. From wrong system behaviour and corrupted flight models up to CTD. 

My situation may be quite different because I am using FSX SP2.  But I had to perform a similar situation as the OP mentioned.  I had inadvertently selected the wrong airline model for an intended flight.   Aware that I could not change to a different NGX model directly, I simply loaded back my default 737 startup situation, then went into my airline menu and selected the correct model.  After moving it to my departure gate and adjusting the panel views, I proceeded with a  complete flight without issue.  As I mentioned I have modified over a 100 AFCADS for GSX2 and I needed to verify the accuracy of the multiple jetway activations and attachment points for the B747, the MD11, and the B767, for each of my modified "heavy" gates.  Switching from one model to the other would have loaded one complex on top of another, but by loading up my default flight inbetween each change, I was able to taxi each aircraft successfully into the parking spot so I could make adjustments as needed..  The task was time consuming enough.  I can't imagine trying to accomplish this by having to restart FSX inbetween each model change!  But again maybe it won't work the same with P3D 4.4.  Another reason why I am content to stay with FSX for the time being.