Sign in to follow this  
Graeme2812

Returning after 13 years!

41 minutes ago, Graeme2812 said:

I had only briefly considered X-plane tbh

I tried X-Plane 11 demo when it came out and was not impressed. I had a very nicely working P3D V3 or was it 4.2 (I cant remember) when running unlimited frames stopped being an option for me because of bluries. Anyway the frustration lead me to walk and an X-plane 11 sale on Steam enticed me to purchase X-plane 11 and I have to say after adding the 737NG Zibo mode and a bunch of MisterX freeware scenery's and free visual enhancement it blow my mind! I have both Prepar3D V4.4 and X-Plane installed on my system now and much to my surprise find myself using both regularly.

It a pity you missed the Samsung Odyssey+ Black Friday for $299. I got it and its changed my Flight Simming immeasurably. I wouldn't even now where to begin but as a RW glider pilot flying the Aerosoft Discus X in VR puts you in the same place you are in in the real world. It's truly surreal.

On 12/23/2018 at 6:06 PM, Graeme2812 said:

So after having loitered on the outside of the flight sim world since last being involved in around 2005, I've decided it's time to return. The advances in graphics (Orbx for example) and aircraft (QW 787 for example) have enticed me back after all these years.

I've made the decision to go down the P3D route, and am now in the unenviable position of having to make the correct decisions with regards to hardware choice. 

I'd just like to say thank you very much to this community and it's contributors as they have been hugely helpful and informative for me. 🙂 

Here's hoping to a new sim in 2019!

Welcome back. Whatever you choose it's a great time to come back to flight simulation. Have fun.