Sign in to follow this  
joepoway

Ultimate Traffic Live new version 1.2.0.0 Any Thoughts?

Has anyone actually installed the recently released new version of UTL 1.2.0.0 ?

I see it provides updated schedules but may have some issues with certain airlines.

They also imply the long awaited repaints  are coming soon in batches?

Joe

Edited by joepoway

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

I would like to hear from those folks also Joe.

I may just wait for the repaints to become available before updating though.

The procedure for updating to v 1.2.0 is a little confusing to me as well, as outlined in this thread towards the end, posted by Jean-Claude.

I have also installed several add on schedules for freight airlines (FEDEX, UPS, and Atlas Air) in my current version of UT Live, and I would like to know if the update will affect those, because they are tedious and time consuming to install, and I would prefer not to have to reinstall those after an update.

• Upvote 1

I have installed UTL 1.2.0.0 and can confirm that:

1/ Custom paints are intact, however, you may need to assign paints to any new equipment that the airlines may have started using since the last schedule.

2/ The Delta mainline fleet is currently missing from the sim, although everything seems okay within the UTL UI. I have also read that Air Baltic is missing, but I have not confirmed that myself. Hopefully, they will fix these issues soon.

3/ Custom ad on schedules (FedEx, UPS and Atlas) are intact and show up in the sim.

Edited by Barnes
  • Like 1

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

UTL has been out for over a year and a half. The repaints and power pack have been the subject of overwhelming concern, to the point that Flight 1 does not want to hear it anymore. 🤢🤮

Finally something is released; a schedule update under the guise of a patch? No readme, no manual change, no change log, and no noticeable changes to the UI. Why 1.2 when it is said to be simply a schedule update?😕

Hopefully we wont have to wait for repaints another year and a half.😟

Overall a nice gesture for the end of year holidays, but way too little and way too late IMO.👨‍⚖️

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Barnes said:

I have installed UTL 1.2.0.0 and can confirm that:

*****3/ Custom ad on schedules (FedEx, UPS and Atlas) are intact and show up in the sim.***

Thanks a bunch for confirming that... 🙂

14 minutes ago, pracines said:

UTL has been out for over a year and a half. The repaints and power pack have been the subject of overwhelming concern, to the point that Flight 1 does not want to hear it anymore. 🤢🤮

Finally something is released; a schedule update under the guise of a patch? No readme, no manual change, no change log, and no noticeable changes to the UI. Why 1.2 when it is said to be simply a schedule update?😕

Hopefully we wont have to wait for repaints another year and a half.😟

Overall a nice gesture for the end of year holidays, but way too little and way too late IMO.👨‍⚖️

Yup--UTL has been an incredible disappointment. It's actually worse than the last version. The only improvement is that AI traffic doesn't disappear when you go into a menu. I'm not even sure its central gimmick--the "Live" part--even works. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Barnes said:

2/ The Delta mainline fleet is currently missing from the sim, although everything seems okay within the UTL UI. I have also read that Air Baltic is missing, but I have not confirmed that myself. Hopefully, they will fix these issues soon.

There is now a fix posted on their forum for the missing airlines (Delta. Air Baltic and Air Malta).

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

While it may be a disappointment to many, it's still by far the best payware AI addon even in it's current form.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 3

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

12 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

While it may be a disappointment to many, it's still by far the best payware AI addon even in it's current form.

Agreed.

I have been playing with the AIG AI manager for the past week or so. I really like it, but since it is in beta, it still has a lot of bugs. I have installed most of the traffic available in the AI Manager and limited out the relevant traffic from UTL. Now, considering the UTL update and the bugs with the AI manager, I'm going to continue to install the repaints available in the manager (that part seems to work well), remove the traffic BGLs from P3D, remove the limits in UTL and assign the paints to UTL plans.

Once the AI Manager is fully baked, I'll probably use a combo of the two. The AI manager's ability to install paints is nothing short of awesome!

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

1 hour ago, Dave_YVR said:

I agree as well.

It’s just disappointing they can’t see to releasing an update to fix the many bugs.... Flight1 deserve all the heat and criticism they get about that product 

• Upvote 2

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

13 minutes ago, KL Oo said:

many bugs

Which ones are those? Just curious.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

4 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

I have to agree with this evaluation as well. It is not perfect but I have found it meets my modest needs quite well.

Dan Scott

31 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

Which ones are those? Just curious.

Being so active on their forums (I presume you're Dave_YVRATC over there?) I expect you know the answer Dave. Nonetheless,  the three biggest annoyances for me are;

- the exclude functions that don't work in limiting (or excluding) traffic to a particular airport

- the "clear approach" function that has never worked.

- aircraft spawning at the gate (which you yourself commented on here: http://ultimatetraffic.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=17532&title=major-bug-will-it-ever-be-addressed) - presuming you're the same person.

The statusboard time bug is also an annoyance but I can live with that and I won't mention the PowerPack as thats not so much a bug as a failure to deliver. 

I agree with other however that, unfortunately, it is the best option currently available which is only a shame in that it offers the developer/Flight1 no incentive to correct these issues.

• Like 2

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs