Sign in to follow this  
joepoway

Ultimate Traffic Live new version 1.2.0.0 Any Thoughts?

Yes, that is me over there as well. As I said, I'm more curious as to what people consider bugs from the program vs what is inherited from the AI engine within the sim, and also user error as it fairly common and reported as bugs in the program as well.  

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by "the exclude functions that don't work in limiting (or excluding) traffic to a particular airport". 

I've never had a use for the clear approach function or status board so I have never really considered it a bug, but yeah I suppose I can understand that. The AI spawning at the gates things that is just inherent to using injected traffic, it would be nice to see it addressed but imo it's not a show stopper. A fix for that is to use bgl traffic where you will also get much more accurate fleet sizes (just not from Global Traffic, it's horrific in that way). 

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

1 hour ago, KL Oo said:

Being so active on their forums (I presume you're Dave_YVRATC over there?) I expect you know the answer Dave. Nonetheless,  the three biggest annoyances for me are;

- the exclude functions that don't work in limiting (or excluding) traffic to a particular airport

- the "clear approach" function that has never worked.

- aircraft spawning at the gate (which you yourself commented on here: http://ultimatetraffic.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=17532&title=major-bug-will-it-ever-be-addressed) - presuming you're the same person.

The statusboard time bug is also an annoyance but I can live with that and I won't mention the PowerPack as thats not so much a bug as a failure to deliver. 

Those things are pretty minor to me.  But then, what's minor to one is not to another.  I know.

I heard that the primary dev for UTL had an illness or some sort of issue.  Let us hope that he or she is doing better now.  The fact that an update was released, no matter how minor, may mean good things ahead for an add-on that I find to be pretty useful (not perfect, but pretty good) for my needs.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I never noticed "injected traffic" in Ultimate Traffic 2, but I suspect that's because the UK flightplans that I used were all custom made and added with PowerPack. In other words, the "injected traffic" problem only affected the flightplans that were part of the original product. However, I appreciate that most users of payware AI packages do so to avoid having to manually add lots of repaints and flightplans, so this would be a problem for them. These days, I stick to custom BGL files. There are downsides to this (like the stupid behaviour of some AI planes after loading a scenario), but I can't have everything :wink:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

6 hours ago, tooting said:

When are the new schedules from please? 

What do you mean tooting? Do you mean were can you download it from?  The link is inside the Flight 1 forums.

Regards 

Simbol 

9 hours ago, Mace said:

I heard that the primary dev for UTL had an illness or some sort of issue.  Let us hope that he or she is doing better now.

His wife has Cancer, Thomas is taking all the necessary steps to support his partner and their kids during these very difficult times.

I wish him and his family the best possible outcome, I had to deal with my mother going through this sickness years ago, she won the battle against breast cancer and she is still with us, but I know how hard is to deal with this kind of situations.

Regards 

Simbol 

Edited by simbol
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, simbol said:

His wife has Cancer, Thomas is taking all the necessary steps to support his partner and their kids during these very difficult times.

I wish him and his family the best position outcome, I had to deal with my mother going through this sickness years ago, she won the battle against breast cancer and she is still with us, but I know how hard is to deal with this kind of situations.

Regards 

Simbol 

I send my best to him and his family.  Our sim and UTL is a minor trifle compared to dealing with that.

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

How's your AI program coming Simbol? Weren't you developing something to do with AI a couple of years ago?

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

22 minutes ago, KL Oo said:

How's your AI program coming Simbol? Weren't you developing something to do with AI a couple of years ago?

Hi Kael,

I released AI Lights Reborn Free Edition in September 2017 and I started developing the professional edition 2 months after releasing the Freeware, so it has been only 1 year so far, in any case as today:

• AI Lights Reborn Professional Edition is still under Beta tests, I just gave today to my wonderful beta team members a new version to test.

• AI Traffic Reborn Runway Control is still under development and it hasn't reached Beta stage at this time, I am "hoping" to release a "Light Version" (price range around 8.99 USD) by the 3rd quarter of next year with the full professional version following 6 months after which will contain the full feature set and the full price range (unknown at this time).

If you have any further questions please do these via my own forums,

All the best,
Simbol

17 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

While it may be a disappointment to many, it's still by far the best payware AI addon even in it's current form.

A total shame that this is "by far the best AI add-on" after all this time

I remember the days of Ultimate Airlines and Pro-Flight 2000 some 20 years ago. Them days were much better; when "innovation" and "new", meant just that. Ultimate Traffic went from new and awesome, to the same old thing with different lip-stick. I still, after all this time, am not sure the injection route was a good one....maybe it is IDK. 

Better than nothing I guess. Maybe now that we have 64-bit, another innovator will come up with something special. I have not forgotten about Alpha India 1 click.🙂 

If only we could have a combination/collaboration of JF MT AIG and UT working toward a common goal, maybe we would have had some real progress. Current and complete repaints, current schedules, realistic and diverse Military/GA, all w/copters to boot, but without the sudden popping (injection) of AI taking your place as you push back! How about "fading in" AI from a minimum distance like autogen more recently got developed? Possible?

Another case of competition amongst ourselves that stifled growth for all of us. Think about it, if it is so difficult to make AI realistic, why compete?

For the record - I'm not a globalist, I just want realism, and working together (not against each other) it is possible. If we were a huge, billion person community, then competition would not harm so much. We are a small community with a huge task. :smile:

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, pracines said:

Think about it, if it is so difficult to make AI realistic, why compete?

For the record - I'm not a globalist, I just want realism, and working together (not against each other) it is possible. If we were a huge, billion person community, then competition would not harm so much. We are a small community with a huge task. :smile:

Do you reilase how long it takes to do 1 single repaint? and the amount of work to keep updating AI schedules, AI Models, etc. all the time? just have a look at how much work people at the alpha india group keep putting every month towards this goal, and that is a team of people no just 1 developer.

Would you be willing to pay a monthly subscription (I calculate it would require around 4.99 USD per month with a minimum of 2,000 users to start) to pay the time, effort, required software and developing cost in order to keep your AI repaints, AI models and AI Schedules "Real"? Personally I don't think the flying sim community would like to pay on a subscription basis.., they want real time schedules with real repaints and updated AI models all for free, and that is not going to happen.

In any case this is a "Simulator" the idea is to get the simulator as closer as posible to real world :wink:, and AIG, JF and UTL are doing exactly that...

Regards,
Simbol

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I actually think there might be enough people who'd be interested in a monthly subscription for a well-supported and regularly updated AI system.

Edited by molleh
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, simbol said:

they want real time schedules with real repaints and updated AI models all for free, and that is not going to happen.

I would be happy with a decent approximation of all the above

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png