Sign in to follow this  
joepoway

Ultimate Traffic Live new version 1.2.0.0 Any Thoughts?

I like it. Whenever I fly there are ai populating the skies and the airports. It does what it's supposed to do. The models look good. Are the schedules accurate? I haven't a clue and I really don't care.

Honestly, I find it a tad laughable to read complains about inaccurate schedules from people who are flying a simulator limited by the constraints of the computer it's running on. Accurate flight models??

It's a good program and does what it is supposed to - provide a more realistic immersion in the sim.

Vic

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

1 hour ago, vgbaron said:

I like it. Whenever I fly there are ai populating the skies and the airports. It does what it's supposed to do. The models look good. Are the schedules accurate? I haven't a clue and I really don't care.

Honestly, I find it a tad laughable to read complains about inaccurate schedules from people who are flying a simulator limited by the constraints of the computer it's running on. Accurate flight models??

It's a good program and does what it is supposed to - provide a more realistic immersion in the sim.

Vic

I agree.  I am still using MT6 or Pro, whatever it is.  I just expect planes at the airports and a few in the sky.  MT6 does that.  I will change at some point to get the better planes but I would like the US planes to be current liveries.  Schedules mean very little to me.  I would like it to be ready to go out of the box and user friendly.  So I will continue to monitor forums for AI developer releases until I find the one I want.  

11 hours ago, Peter Webber said:

The only issue I had with UTL was that I purchased the product based on the "live" component. I already had UT2 and my main problem was the plans used out of date codes, FAJS (Now FAOR), FADN (Now FALE), etc. Therefore there was no traffic was spawning at those locations. To my dismay, it was exactly the same with UTL...no difference...just a new UI...Then they told me the upcoming powerpack would sort that out. Why? Why must I modify a so called "live" product using a powerpack? My idea was that those who wanted to retain the old ICAO indicators should be using the power pack (of which never materialised). I don't care about latest liveries, etc. I just expect a "live" program with latest schedules to use latest airport identifiers. How can this latest schedule use codes which are so out of date? I just can't get my mind around this.

The problem is you read something into the "LIVE" that was never advertised. You can question the naming of UTL but they NEVER advertised automatic updated liveries, schedules etc.

As you wrote rightly, you "had the idea" about the meaning of "LIVE" that was simply wrong, you had an assumption which wasn't met, THAT is your problem, it looks like you didn't read the description of UTL's features on the website, i copied it for you:

Live AI Traffic Environment - The "Live" aspect of this latest version makes AI traffic evolve based on conditions set in the simulator. Users can expect random maintenance, foul weather, and other delays based on real world operations. 

Nothing, not one sentence about automatically updated schedules, repaints ....

You can blame the dev for not releasing the Powerpack yet, but with a look at his private problems that would be the same like blaming an lame about his slow walking.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

On 12/25/2018 at 5:36 PM, tooting said:

No power pack. The product is 3 years old dave. 

2 years, time to get your numbers right.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

Thanks Joe. All he does is to complain, complain, complain. 

• Like 1

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

2 hours ago, JoeFackel said:

2 years, time to get your numbers right.

It was beta before it went to a normal

14ppkc-6.png

2 hours ago, pgde said:

Thanks Joe. All he does is to complain, complain, complain. 

Yup I don't like half finished beta products. 

A metaphor,  When I go to work I normally have to do about 15 flightplans a day.  I don't just do 12, and then get bored and call it a day.  I give 100 percent as thats what I'm payied to do. I finish the 15 and then brush up for the next guy.

I'm sick to death of half finished beta products that don't finish it through to the end. That's why I moan. I want products to be polished not this half baked shite we have had to endure for the last few years

Edited by tooting
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

OK, point made folks - let's move on.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

8 hours ago, JoeFackel said:

The problem is you read something into the "LIVE" that was never advertised. You can question the naming of UTL but they NEVER advertised automatic updated liveries, schedules etc.

As you wrote rightly, you "had the idea" about the meaning of "LIVE" that was simply wrong, you had an assumption which wasn't met, THAT is your problem, it looks like you didn't read the description of UTL's features on the website, i copied it for you:

Nothing, not one sentence about automatically updated schedules, repaints ....

You can blame the dev for not releasing the Powerpack yet, but with a look at his private problems that would be the same like blaming an lame about his slow walking.

I think it's a great product, don't get me wrong, just need to get 2 of my major airports here populated with traffic. Other airports (FACT,etc) look great!

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

13 hours ago, tooting said:

I imagine the airfield data they had was from the old ut2 database as UT Live is just a rehash of ut2 with a new modifications, no menu glitch, traffic over water and they canx a few flights here and there. But the basic idea is the same as UT2

A downside to utlive from ut2 it seems is that while in latter ai traffic would always try to fly airway routes no matter if the airport existed in stock p3d/fsx database, in utlive it falls back to direct route if one of the airports is not present in its database as well as some other airport combinations even though they are defined in both stock utlive and p3d. That kind of partly defeats one of the main advantage of having injected traffic, which is to have AI follow airway routes. Not certain about it but compared to UT2 there also seems to be another broken feature where if you check with the status board it is clear at the beginning of the session the departing ai are intended for pushback 5min prior to departure time and arrival ai to spawn in air 15min prior to their arrival time. As time passes this remains fine for departures which continue to taxi out at 5min early, however in case of arrivals the arrival AI seem to keep spawning earlier and earlier from 15min to 30min to greater than 1-2hr prior to their arrival time, which does not fit any realistic scenario that utl might be simulating. Try running utlive for like half an hour and during that observe the arrival status board, see if you have the same.

This is a hobby, no one has to "endure" anything, you can always watch a cooking or nature program on the telly instead of flight simming with half baked and unpolished add on's.

Vic summed up my feeling perfectly. I like it for what it is. 

Its never going to be perfect even if it had the most upto date info. Even if it did, Will people then complain that EGKK is down today because of drones and UTL is giving me traffic! 

Edited by Nyxx
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I'm with Vic....lets enjoy.

Obviously, most of you don't remember, or never saw  FLIGHT SIMULATOR on an Apple 2C flying from Meigs on a green screen.

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

My first flight simulator was Psion Flight Simulator for the 48k ZX Spectrum (Christmas 1982), so I remember the "good old days" :laugh:

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

25 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

My first flight simulator was Psion Flight Simulator for the 48k ZX Spectrum (Christmas 1982), so I remember the "good old days" :laugh:

Yes, me too! And I still have my 48k Spectrum and my many cassettes including the Psion Flight Simulator...:smile:

Richard

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|