Sign in to follow this  
joepoway

Ultimate Traffic Live new version 1.2.0.0 Any Thoughts?

On 12/25/2018 at 7:28 PM, carlito777 said:

Even if that might sound really harsh, but viewed from a distance one could really think that some people get obsessed with that "as real as it gets" stuff. Most people around here are living their childhood dream of becoming an airline captain in a desktop game, because for whatever reason they never made in the left hand seat of a real airliner. What difference does it really make if every AI plane you see from within your desktop game corresponds to a real world airplane? Especially considering the very real life reasons why the developer has not made the initially promised progress. Just get chilled, guys.

I would agree with that! My personal knowledge of airline schedules is very limited. There are some specific cases I want to get right (meaning I want to see those legs in my sim, operated by the right aircraft type), but I personally don't particularly care whether the exact days or times or spot on. But truth be told, that's only because I'm personally familiar with the route (KLM's EHAM-KJFK flights, for exmaple) or have some other interest in it (Air Sinai E70 HECA-LLBG-HECA). So for the most part I'll be pretty happy if I just see the right airlines at the right airports (meaning I don't want to see Delta at Tehran's IKA).

Personally, thanks to the help of some of the fantastic people at the UTL forums, I've been able to add missing or incorrectly defined airports, such as OIIE, OTHH, ORNI and URRP. Then I installed and assigned updated addon schedules to make sure that all airlines that would normally visit these airports, would actually visit them in the sim as well. The result is that, despite the fact that UTL's powerpack is still not available, I've been able to get pretty much all I wanted from UTL.

Should it have been way easier to do all that? Of course! The powerpack is sorely missing. But it is what it is.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

38 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

Should it have been way easier to do all that? Of course! The powerpack is sorely missing. But it is what it is.

The UTL forums you mention...is there any (credible) mention at all of the Powerpack being actively developed?  Or is the general consensus that it has faded away like MacArthur?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

3 hours ago, Mace said:

The UTL forums you mention...is there any (credible) mention at all of the Powerpack being actively developed?  Or is the general consensus that it has faded away like MacArthur?

There is some mention of new repaints, but other than that there’s no news, sadly. Everytime the power pack gets mentioned the official answer is that there “will be news when there is news”. I think mostly there is little hope of us ever seeing it, but don’t quote me on that... hence I took to altering stuff myself to get what I needed. I do believe my UTL is a very complete AI solution now, but it cost a huge amount of time to get it there...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I have to ask:
Is this issue of several spawning Aircrafts on parking Position fixed?

Do you mean spawning on the SAME spot or spawing in generall?

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

No sometimes there is following issue:

I do a turnaround at Gate 5 e.g. Gate 6 to my right side is empty -> no Ai Aircraft.

After few minutes an Ai Aircraft is spawing to Gate 6 (e.g Easyjet) but there are more Gates empty which "EasyJet" also can use (Parking Code)

After spawning the AI starts pushing back and a new Aircraft is spawning at the same Gate

Which airport? 3rd party or default P3D?

I see this also occasionally, especially at big hubs like EDDF. I also relies on your traffic settings, with high numbers above 60% it happens more often that a flight should be ready for takeoff but the plane which should make a turnaround is delayed so UTL spawns a new entity of it.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

All Airports. EDDK, EDDF, LEPA, EDDL e.g

At big hubs, like EGLL, KSFO, KJFK of Course too.

I use UTL with 80%

16 hours ago, mobiel said:

I use UTL with 80%

Thats a high number, personally i would suggest an setting between 60/70%.

UTL doesn't spawn airplanes at special gates, this i made by the AI logic of P3D regarding to the airline codes of the aircraft.cfg and scenery.bgl. If there is no fitting gate free P3D will wait until a right parking spot is free and immediatly spawns an airplane there that UTL requested.

• Like 1

Signature3.png

35 minutes ago, mobiel said:

Yes, but there are free fitting gates !

Something i also see sometimes. At EDDF for example there are around twenty parkings spots on the southeast apron but only three are used, not matter how high i set the AI settings.

But thats a problem of the bgl and the AI logic of P3D, i didn't find a solution so far ...

Signature3.png

Where can I get the UTL update please?

spacer.png

You can find a download link at the support forums.

Signature3.png