Sign in to follow this  
Aviator64

310R CTD on load

Just installed the 310 Redux on P3D 4.3. Can't even load the airplane, it crashes the sim immediately.

All instructions for installation (run as admin, AV disabled, etc) were followed.

I load P3D with a default flight using the stock Baron, all good - then load the 310 and the sim goes "not responding" for a few seconds followed by CTD.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

OK, I found the culprit. It was the trueglass and reallight that were installed along with the 310. In fact, after installing the 310, loading my Aerosoft Airbus Pro also caused a CTD.

Removing both the RealLight.dll and TrueGlass.dll files (found in the P3D gauges folder) fixed both airplanes.

Further to the above - the reallight and trueglass installers that come with the 310 update the dll files, but do not update the shader files that were previously installed along with the airbus. There is clearly some incompatibility.

Removing the reallight and trueglass subdirectories from the P3D\gauges directory and then re-running the installer resulted in a clean install and fixed the CTD issue.

I need to do some testing and see if the trueglass effects still work in the airbus.