Sign in to follow this  
Tibbi

P3D V4 Aircraft with no FMC

All good suggestions.

I'd add the PMDG DC-6. No FMC and no GPS, if you like. Steam-gage-city. It's a bigger aircraft. PMDG quality.

• Like 1

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

8 minutes ago, RichieFly said:

All good suggestions.

I'd add the PMDG DC-6. No FMC and no GPS, if you like. Steam-gage-city. It's a bigger aircraft. PMDG quality.

I was going to say the same thing. PMDG DC-6 get's my vote. I'd also recommend the Coolsky DC-9 and Milviz 737-200.

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

The DC-6 from PMDG is a great suggestion; everyone should have that thing as it's fantastic. For something a bit faster, the FSW Learjet, Falcon 50 or C441 are all great suggestions too, since FSW do some really great systems simulation which is unlikely to disappoint anyone who appreciates realism.

If you're less bothered about speed but like the realistic engine management aspects of old piston props, Aerosoft have a couple of classics which include all that stuff: Their Consolidated PBY Catalina is fun and challenging to fly and can land anywhere there is a suitable stretch of water. Has a great GPS simulation on it too which is a handy gauge to have that you can transplant to other add-ons as well if you like that kind of DIY avionics malarkey. Water in P3D is of course more realistically modeled, so that Catalina is one aeroplane which can make use of the wider features of the sim. Being a simulation of a long-range maritime patrol aircraft, the Catalina has a massive range and endurance, but you'll need plenty of time on your hands to make use of that, as it's no rocket ship. Likewise, Aerosoft's Antonov An-2 is another fun one to fly, and like the Catalina has some fantastic engine modeling which means you have to take care of it to avoid problems, but it too is no rocket ship, not suited to anyone in a hurry, but it is nevertheless brilliant fun for all that.

A2A of course have lots of engine management simulated as well in their products; you basically can't go wrong with any of A2A's stuff, it's all great although personally, I like their Commanche 250 the best out of all of 'em. It's very realistic indeed.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

13 hours ago, Chock said:

It's most often that you will read long posts about developers and products only when someone has something they want to complain about, but I will happily step up and write a long post such as this one in praise of both Just Flight and Flight 1, for their consistent good service and fair trading policies. There are many reasons why they have been around for so long, and I've not even mentioned all of them, but it's no more obvious than when you compare them to some of the others out there who could certainly learn a thing or two from them. If nothing else, they are, as this post points out, happy to put their (and your) money where their mouth is and let people decide for themselves whether they are prepared to pay for the stuff they make and sell.

I agree with Chock, Flight1 and Just Flight are both good outfits, I've purchased a ton of add ons from both of them over the years for both FSX and P3D. 

Flight1 and Just Flight are both A+ IMHO.

Try the Carenado Hawker 850 x with Bert's excellent tweak to install the F! GTN 750 into the VC. It replaces the FMC, which cannot save or load flight plans and is very fiddly. This aircraft is very pretty and has a beautiful clean cockpit. It's fast and you can just about programme anything into the GTN and still have full native autopilot control. It also runs well on low spec systems.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page