Sign in to follow this  
DavidNDC

Unable to select speech output device

Hello everyone!

I'm on day three of the trial, but have been unable to get any radio traffic to come out of my speakers or headset. I hear the pilot side of the transmission when I use the Say It function, but nothing from the ATC side. When I go to the Speech tab within Pilot2Atc, I'm unable to select any device for Speech Output Device. Additionally when I go to the Voices tab, those too are all blank with no options to select from. I've not installed any additional voices and when I go to Speech settings within Windows 10 the default ones provided such as Microsoft David all seem to work, so I would think I would be able to choose from one of those, but the drop down selection is blank just like the one for Speech Output Device.

All other functionality of the program appear to be working fine, including the speech recognition as I see it the radio traffic being displayed as text in the preview window. 
Thanks in advance and happy holidays!

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Pilot2Atc but the problem remains. Any thing else I should be looking at?

David

Read the installation manual provided regarding installation, voice all kinds of good stuff.  There is also a very good video by Captain K-man in this forum that will give you in depth knowledge about how this program works.  It can be intimidating but it is all worth it.  You will not want to fly without it.

Dave is away for the holidays.

Happy holidays.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yeah, I've read the manual and have watched numerous YouTube tutorials. I suspect my installation is somehow screwed up, even after a reinstall because any menu setting with a drop down selection such as that Speech Output Device or Com Radio Swap Tone and the Speech Recognized Tone come up blank as shown in the attached. GXFANjS.jpg

I've also noticed that none of the changes I make within the configuration screen save upon restarting the application, such as that CoPilot Options/Changes Frequencies check mark or my path to the Xplane root wx folder. I'm running the application As Administrator but I'm not sure if that part is just a limitation of the demo or another indication of a failed installation.

Sorry to keep spamming this forum, but I think I've figured it out with the help of this post - 

I deleted the config file, letting the application rebuild it on the next start up and all appears to be well now. Just posting this in case anyone else runs into this problem.

Glad to hear you have discovered the solution.  The file you speak of is in a protected area so administration is required for installation.  I wouldn't use administration after unless you encounter a problem. I don't know anything about P3D.

Happy holidays and flying.

Hi Dave

same problem here. I can not access the dropdown menus for "speech device output" or the different voices for controllers etc.

- I am starting Pilot2ATC als admin, but same error.

- Have reinstalled it = same error.

- Deleting the appconfig.xml, rebuilding = same error.

- Installed on different HDD´s = same error.

It is possible to manual config the "AppConfig.xml" ?

May be it has to do with WIn10 settings. I am on Win10 prof. All region and language settings as described in the manual and video tutorials.

Do you have a solution for that?

By the way. It is really the best Offline ATC program  since the last windows update...

Best regards in advance

cheers 

The Speech Output options are taken from available Windows devices.  If none show up, then you need to look at how you have them set up in Windows.  

Edited by Dave-Pilot2ATC

Hi Dave

Thanks for the answer.

But in my Win10 configuration the output devices shown normal.

I can see them all. I am using voicemeter and all is looking good. But as described above I cannot select any device in Pilot2atc. The same with the sounds for recognizing mic input and I cannot select any of the installed voices for ATC Controller. ATC clearance is the only dropdown menu where I am able to select one of the installed voices. The other ATC dropdown menus show nothing. 

Using the random voice option is the only possibility to get ATC speech output. But I am not able to select any speech output for example Voicemeter Vaio input or Virtual Cable etc.

Maybe anyone can help me?

Best regards

Red 

25 minutes ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Here's a link to a video on how to set up P2A when using a virtual sound mixer:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=pilot2atc+sound&docid=608007037916022521&mid=76D1ECF1EE06589E2F3676D1ECF1EE06589E2F36&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

Regards,

Dave

Thanks,

I had seen it yesterday and configured my voicemeter settings as described, but in pilot2atc nothing is shown in the config dropdown menus. 

I can not select any device.

Is there a way to manual change the settings in appconfig.xml?

To my mind pilot2atc is not able to access/read the win10 system settings in a correct way. May be a win10 thing!?

Voicemeter recognizes all output/input devices in a right way. But I am not able to select any of them in pilot2atc. 

Cheers

Red

Edited by Red1963

The AppConfig file is a standard xml file, so it can be edited.  However, there is obviously something wrong with the your specific setup since you are the only one having this problem.  Most users are on Win10.

P2A reads the voices from Windows and displays all the Desktop voices it finds installed.  If your PC is a standard US PC, it will have 2 voices installed.  These 2 should be visible in the Voice drop-downs.  If you hear voices when you select Random voices, then the sound setup is correct.

Have you tried running P2A as administrator?  Maybe there is an access issue.  

Dave

18 minutes ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

The AppConfig file is a standard xml file, so it can be edited.  However, there is obviously something wrong with the your specific setup since you are the only one having this problem.  Most users are on Win10.

P2A reads the voices from Windows and displays all the Desktop voices it finds installed.  If your PC is a standard US PC, it will have 2 voices installed.  These 2 should be visible in the Voice drop-downs.  If you hear voices when you select Random voices, then the sound setup is correct.

Have you tried running P2A as administrator?  Maybe there is an access issue.  

Dave

Hi Dave,

Yes I tried running P2A in admin mode. Same errors. I think too that my win audio drivers are messed up. But no other game or simulation have this problems. There is shure an access issue.

I had installed 6 different voices, but I can only select them in ATC Clearance dropdown menu and on the last dropdown where I can select/click random voice.

Yes it is Standard Win10 Pro PC. 9600K@4,8, 64GB RAM, RTX2080SUPER

The last Win10 Update had may be messed up something. Before that P2A was okay.

I hope that anyone has a solution:-) not good to be the only one with that Problem:-)

Cheers

If the voices are Mobile Voices, they will not show up or work with P2A.  Only Desktop voices.

What's strange is that the same mechanism is used to populate voices in the Random voice section as in the others.  

Have you tried reinstalling P2A?  Maybe something has been corrupted.  In fact, installing the update will replace all the code files and just leave the data and AppConfig alone.

Dave

Edited by Dave-Pilot2ATC

23 minutes ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

If the voices are Mobile Voices, they will not show up or work with P2A.  Only Desktop voices.

What's strange is that the same mechanism is used to populate voices in the Random voice section as in the others.  

Have you tried reinstalling P2A?  Maybe something has been corrupted.  In fact, installing the update will replace all the code files and just leave the data and AppConfig alone.

Dave

Yes, reinstalled. Installed to another HDD. Tried the old version. Tried the New one. Deleted appconfig.xml and atcvoices.xml. Tried folder exclusion for Defender.

In AppConfig.xml the only voice is for ClearanceDeliveryVoiceName: Microsoft Catherine. SpeechOutputDeviceIndex: Value is 0.  SpeechOutputDeciceName: Valueis Primary Sound Driver.

Cheers