Sign in to follow this  
SunDevil56

Content update question....

So i've done the v4.4 client update, and it's my understanding that if I do the content update I will lose the default Beech Bonanza, Texan, King Air, and Baron.

I don't care about the Texan or Bonanza, but I would like to retain the King Air and Baron.

It's a simple enough matter to copy the King Air and Baron folders to a temporary location and then schlep them back in to the sim objects/airplanes folder after the content update, but what about the gauges...?? Anything else I need to do...??

Thanks in advance for any advice on this. 🙂

I wouild copy the aircraft folders and copy the p3d gauges folder.

Install 4.4 content

replace aircraft but not the gauges folder

when you use the a/c, if you get and gauge missing errors, just locate them in the gauges foldewr and clopy them over.

Once you are satisfied that all works, you can delete the old gauges folder.

or, just check the panel.cfg of each aircraft and verify that the gauges listed are in the proper folder.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

OK, thanks Vic. I will copy the aircraft folders and the P3D gauges folder to a temporary location before installing v4.4 content.

So I did the content update and everything went smoothly, no issues that I can see at the moment.

After the content update I simply moved the Baron and King Air folders from their temporary location back to the simobjects/airplanes folder and everything looks good, all the gauges are present, and right where they should be, there was no need to copy over any of the gauges from the v4.3 gauges folder that I saved.

Thanks again.

Thought that would be the case - good to know.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors