Sign in to follow this  
oliverb34

G1000 issue

Dear community,

I have an issue with the DA62 G1000. Upfront, I am sorry that my description might sound confusing, the issue surely confuses me...

After entering an flightplan, taking off and engaging the AP, the AP follows the route nicely, however with a big BUT:

The PFD does not change to the next WP, the flightplan in the MFP does not switch to the next active leg. I can of course rectify this with choosing the active leg manually, but this is a nuisance especially on difficult SID and STAR.

What is even more confusing is that the distance calculations are completely off. The distances are calcuated from the departure airport to the next WP (if I knew how to attach files, I would attach 2 screenshots to demonstrate the issue).

I am completely lost why this is happening. I have even read through the official Garmin G1000 manual to find my error.

I think that I forgot something at the very beginning of the flight, like activating the flight plan or tell the FMS that I am taking off. 

Is there anybody who can give me some advice here?

Regards and merry christmas,

Oliver

You are not doing anything wrong. This is a known bug:

Carenado is well aware of it but have yet to issue an update to fix it.

I have had the follow flight plan without updating on my Phenom's. I found that if  I activate a leg that is after the first leg it doesn't happen. Also if you make any in-flight changes to you flight plan you also may get the problem. Just another Carenado G1000 issue that has been around for a long time.

Ron