Sign in to follow this  
mac44

World Traffic and GTN 750 (resolved)

Just wondering if the 750's traffic function is working with world traffic aircraft or does it need some special tweaking before it works? (remember last time I checked you needed to introduce some World Traffic AI aircraft into the sim for anything to show up?)

Also what is the best way to update the 750? (assume you just delete it and then download it again to get the latest version - there is no special update function?)

1 hour ago, mac44 said:

Also what is the best way to update the 750? (assume you just delete it and then download it again to get the latest version - there is no special update function?)

Once installed in an aircraft, perform a shift + right-click on the top edge of the GTN and that will bring up a configuration window.  Scroll to the bottom of that window and there is an option to check for updates.  You can initiate the update from there, if one is available.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

21 hours ago, fppilot said:

Once installed in an aircraft, perform a shift + right-click on the top edge of the GTN and that will bring up a configuration window.  Scroll to the bottom of that window and there is an option to check for updates.  You can initiate the update from there, if one is available.

@fppilot thanks - actually found an update option on the drop down menus and have just ran it...……….

also anyone know if the GTN750 displays world traffic correctly or not? (last time I checked you needed to setup "dummy" XP11 AI traffic of the world traffic type - for them to display correctly on the Garmin - anyone if this has now been fixed? if not how do I get the world traffic planes displaying correctly on the 750?

2 minutes ago, mac44 said:

@fppilot thanks - actually found an update option on the drop down menus and have just ran it...……….

also anyone know if the GTN750 displays world traffic correctly or not? (last time I checked you needed to setup "dummy" XP11 AI traffic of the world traffic type - for them to display correctly on the Garmin - anyone if this has now been fixed? if not how do I get the world traffic planes displaying correctly on the 750? 

It does , IF you have the WOT setup in the AI correctly. I have it working right now using Live traffic XP11.

Edited by Adrian123

Just now, Adrian123 said:

It does , IF you have the WOT setup in the AI correctly.

thanks for the reply! - so how exactly do you setup the WOT in the AI correctly?

1 minute ago, mac44 said:

thanks for the reply! - so how exactly do you setup the WOT in the AI correctly?

It is outlined in the WOT manual section 6.3 I believe. You have to set it up for TCAS to work.

Edited by Adrian123

45 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

It is outlined in the WOT manual section 6.3 I believe. You have to set it up for TCAS to work.

thanks for the reply...….

but not sure what exactly you mean by set up? would be useful to know how you managed to get it to working? as have read other posts (from a few months back) that suggested it wasn't really working properly although the GTN750 people were working to make it fully compatible (there was a interim fix that involved setting up AI aircraft in game (with a world traffic prefix) that seemed to then generate traffic on the GTN 750  - section 6.3 of the manual refers to the radar and makes no mention of TCAS?

The GTN works perfectly fine displaying traffic as does little Nav Map like I said, you must setup Xp11 to make it work and its rather steppy.

http://www.classicjetsims.com/downloads/WorldTraffic.pdf   6.2.5

X-Plane 11 1. From the World Traffic Key Command Menu, select the Preferences option. 2. Make sure the last option shows that Plugin Control of X-Plane Aircraft is “Currently OFF”. Press the ENTER key on that line if it is “Currently ON”. This must be off before you change the number of X-Plane multi-player aircraft. 3. In X-Plane 11 open the Flight Configuration menu. 4. Click the AI Aircraft tab on the top-right of the left-most window as in the screenshot below. 5. Click the Add Aircraft button and add up to 20 planes. 6. Now edit each plane and select the AIplane aircraft by Studio “Other”. 7. From the World Traffic Key Command Menu, select the Preferences option. 8. Set the last option so that Plugin Control of X-Plane Aircraft is “Currently ON”.

Edited by Adrian123
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Adrian123 said:

The GTN works perfectly fine displaying traffic as does little Nav Map like I said, you must setup Xp11 to make it work and its rather steppy.

http://www.classicjetsims.com/downloads/WorldTraffic.pdf   6.2.5

X-Plane 11 1. From the World Traffic Key Command Menu, select the Preferences option. 2. Make sure the last option shows that Plugin Control of X-Plane Aircraft is “Currently OFF”. Press the ENTER key on that line if it is “Currently ON”. This must be off before you change the number of X-Plane multi-player aircraft. 3. In X-Plane 11 open the Flight Configuration menu. 4. Click the AI Aircraft tab on the top-right of the left-most window as in the screenshot below. 5. Click the Add Aircraft button and add up to 20 planes. 6. Now edit each plane and select the AIplane aircraft by Studio “Other”. 7. From the World Traffic Key Command Menu, select the Preferences option. 8. Set the last option so that Plugin Control of X-Plane Aircraft is “Currently ON”.

thanks for the reply - will go through the setup and make sure I am following all the steps......the only parts

I was for sure already doing were 5 and 6 - however after I was adding the AI aircraft was able to set the AI to "world traffic" rather than just "other"? (assuming this is probably the  same thing or do they need to be set to "other"?)

Actually I believe it was kinda a misprint. The AI should all be..." WorldTraffic (other)".. I have 18 of them in my AI... UI

-I'm currntly working a test bed for Live traffic in Xplane. GTN TCAS displays it well also.  Similar to Realtraffic for FS. Its pretty cool. I find live traffic more realistic and less demanding on sytems. Screen shot of Traffic into KATL:

view?usp=sharing

Edited by Adrian123
  • Like 1