Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

11.30RC2 Out

Started Xplane11 an hour ago and was advised of the update.  I installed it, ran a 45 minute replay that includes Ortho scenery, add-on airport scenery, and the Aerobask Eclipse Add-On.  No issues or drop in performance, did not seem to notice anything new but the fix page covered things I had not observed.

John

• Like 3

Thanks for telling us John. Time to check it out. Thanks again!!!.

Edited by Paul Deluca

Very stable for me compared to the beta r1

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

2 hours ago, filou said:

Very stable for me compared to the beta r1

I found it very stable in my test recorded flight, which I created just for testing the betas.  It was what first alerted me to fps issues with the early 11.30 betas until the release candidates came out.  11.30 is worlds removed from my first experience with Xplane11, which was wonderful in and of itself.  Laminar reads our forums, listens, and that is what I like about Open vs. Closed betas.  MSFS would have been much better had our NDA's been lifted earlier.   It took a giant like Lockheed Martin to make it better, especially for us serious students and real life flyers.  If used that way it is a very good sim for teaching navigation tools, and with Vatsim ATC although I prefer flying in non controlled airspace just below the flight levels so I can enjoy the VFR scenery.  When you are so high up, everything flattens out.  15-17K is the perfect height, especially if you train yourself to fly without Oxygen, the only thing the sim lacks is an Oxygen USB plugin, all sims, LOL.  I still think of the depressurization chamber in Officer and a Gentleman and what learning pilots must go thru to get their wings, and the dunk tank.  I have been on a similar contraption, better known as a waterslide, just like a dunk tank even in four feet of water,  The shock of hitting the water at 20mph is incredible, and shocks the entire body.  You get water up your snout and wonder how an elephant can do it.  But then you calm down and look for the bubbles.  In Wisconsin I swam in an old mine lake and not being able to swim well I accidentally encountered a dropoff in over 40 feet of water.  I was weightless but thankfully had goggles on.  Everything went into slow motion and I dog paddled back to the shallows in no fear.  I did not tremble until after I got to safety and I realized how close to sleeping with Davy Jones I was, lol...

John

• Like 3