Sign in to follow this  
jalbino59

I-fly 747-8 just released.

Ifly just released SP3 which includes the -8.  How about that. 

• Upvote 1

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

Will have a to take a look.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

It is literally 2/7th the price of the PMDG 747

Ad if you buy it via Flight1 new purchase portal before January 1st it 5/21st the price the PMDG 747! FYI that's less than a quarter

Edited by Guest

What is the complexity of this aircraft compared to PMDG 747?

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

4 minutes ago, JLuis said:

Can't answer that yet since It's just been released but here's a link to a pretty in depth review of the last version 

• Like 1

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

12 minutes ago, JLuis said:

No offense to iFly (and not to sound like a PMDG-fan-boy) but I highly doubt it's on par or even comparable.

My personal philosophy in life is, that you get what you pay for.

• Like 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Have you tried other Ifly products?  They are very good and an outstanding value.  I usually fly the Ifly 737NG rather than the PMDG 737NG and own both.

Edited by diajohn
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

The iFly 747 is a very good product, especially for the price.  The only reason I invested in the PMDG 747 was that I wanted the freighter variants... as a passenger 747 I was perfectly satisfied by the iFly version.  Does it have every bell and whistle of the PMDG version?  No.  But it’s still a very good aircraft.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, Anders Bermann said:

No offense to iFly (and not to sound like a PMDG-fan-boy) but I highly doubt it's on par or even comparable.

No offense should be taken, you're just offering your opinion.

Having extensively flown and painted both ...I feel they are both outstanding renditions of the Queen. (ok...I've got 50 times the painting hours in them vs flight hours...its a disease)

The literal Achilles Heal for the iFly version is they did not release a freighter, and as you may have noticed my preference is freighters so I prefer PMDG's offering.  I even queued-up several for the iFly bird in hopes they would release one...

1x9cuM.jpg

Sadly their model had windows coded into the model and there was no way to blank them out so I could at least make my paints look like a BCF.

PMDG released a freighter model out of the gate, with outstanding features we all appreciate for cargo-ops.

So based on that, and you're a freighter guy...PMDG is the way to go.  There is nothing bad about the passenger model iFly produced...it is a great product and I thoroughly enjoyed flying her...and for folks on a limited budget, its a great deal! 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

1 hour ago, diajohn said:

Have you tried other Ifly products?  They are very good and an outstanding value.  I usually fly the Ifly 737NG rather than the PMDG 737NG and own both.

Can u explain why u fly the Ifly 737 more then the NGX.  I have been looking at it for an alternative to the NGX. This is going to sound petty but after using the Zibo and IXEG 737’s in Xplane the VC window geometry of the NGX drives me nuts.

• Like 2

Matt Wilson

59 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Sadly their model had windows coded into the model and there was no way to blank them out so I could at least make my paints look like a BCF.

Talking to Jannie the updated models should all have the ability to plug windows.  I haven't tried to verify it however.

As to comparinf to PMDG. If you don't own both you shouldn't compare because you have no reference to compare the two except for assumptions and you should know by now what they say about the word assume.  Systems wise, highly accurate, I find stuff I relay it and they fix it.  They are more receptive to change than PMDG.  All I got from them was questioning my creditials and then my intelligence after.  They still have basic stuff messed up in PMDG.  However I fly freighters so I had to invest in it also.  The -400 iFly nailed.  The -8 there are definitely some limitations that I tried to get them to hammer out however not everything has been addressed. Funny thing is the most glaring one that ticks me off is the same one PMDG decided not to model for their $80 addon to an add-on. And that's the Flap extension deceleration points.

Btw, Leonardo sells their MD-80 for what $50 less than the PMDG 747 and it's just as accurate a simulation.

Edited by thibodba57
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

21 minutes ago, mpw8679 said:

but after using the Zibo and IXEG 737’s in Xplane the VC window geometry of the NGX drives me nuts.

+1

The window geometry in the NGX is absolutely annoying. Hopefully, they fix that in NGX v3.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

I preferred the iFly 737 because they had a cockpit builders edition that suited my needs.  It was the best bang for the buck and has all the most used features simulated.  Their 747 variant is also outstanding.  You can't always assume that more $$$$ means better quality.  That is a huge misnomer.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Building a full scale 737-800 Simulator running P3D v5.x 210 degree wrap around screenspacer.png

Jason Lohrenz (@lohrenz737) • Instagram photos and videos

Lohrenz 737 Simulator Project (lohrenzsimulator.com)

3 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

It's much better than that. MUCH better. It's not PMDG but it's only a little less.

• Upvote 2

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

3 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

For once we agree on something anders

• Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png