Sign in to follow this  
jalbino59

I-fly 747-8 just released.

46 minutes ago, carlito777 said:

Hopefully, they fix that in NGX v3

I won't be buying the version 3. I bought version 2 twice.

'Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me!' 😀

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

It's much better than that. MUCH better. It's not PMDG but it's only a little less.

It's is a study level sim? Or the other buzzword that's banded about? 

14ppkc-6.png

6 minutes ago, tooting said:

I don't know what's a "study sim", really... It's got all the nice features in the FMC (holds, SIDs, STARs, fuel calc, etc etc), all switches operate and react as the real ones, it just doesn't look as polite, not as good framerate and the flight model is probably not as accurate as PMDG's. I'm talking about the -400, i didn't purchase the -8.

EDIT: I just noticed it's bundled with the SP. Maybe i'll try it out (i have the PMDG version).

Edited by Nuno Pinto
  • Upvote 1

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

6 minutes ago, tooting said:

Again if you don't have the product maybe you should try not labeling what it is or isn't. Yes it's "Study Level".  The systems and navigation equipment are elaborately modelled  as well as system failures.  Flight dynamics are modelled after real performance tables.

Biggest difference between the two...the PMDG 747 rumbles and shakes going down the runway.  🙄

Edited by thibodba57
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

I don't know if there is consensus on the definition of study level.  The Ifly features multiple or single failure at specified or random intervals of many systems.  It also has a high quantity of functions that can be assigned to keys or home cockpit controllers.  Now does it have a Boeing approval like PMDG, then no, but then neither is certified for flight training.   

Today it is $49 while PMDG is $149 + 49 for the -8.  Now you do get the freighter for that extra money.

John

Edited by diajohn

3 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

No offense to iFly (and not to sound like a PMDG-fan-boy) but I highly doubt it's on par or even comparable.

My personal philosophy in life is, that you get what you pay for.

Better change your philosophy. It will save you a lot of money in your life...

You are saying that if iFly would sell their plane for twice the price of the PMDG version it it would be way better as it was more expensive.

In the past I have compared the iFly 737 cockpit builders Edition with the PMDG 737 and while the PMDG has a more fancy looking GUI, more failures and a nicer looking compassie, the iFly was feeling more real..

Btw : the iFly cockpit builders Edition was 599 euro so in your terms at least 6x as good as the PMDG...

• Like 4
  • Upvote 4

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I also have no idea what the buzzwords mean. But I know the pmdg and fsl are high quality, the aerosoft airbus is medium to high quality and then the BBS and aerosoft crj being low quality. 

I've never been one for fluffy words. I say it as it is.  You get what you pay for. 

If you fly on my airline and pay for economy you get a small seat and a average meal. 

If you pay a little more  to sit in premium economy you get a slightly bigger seat and the same meal but with a China plate. 

If you pay alot more you get to sit in first with a flat bed,  a bar,  and a good selection of food, cheese boards, salt and pepper pots, a limo to the airport, a lounge etc etc 

The gap In price from a economy to premium economy ticket is a few hundred quid, the gap between eco to upper is 1000s and 1000s

A easy concept to understand 

Edited by tooting
  • Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

5 minutes ago, tooting said:

I also have no idea what the buzzwords mean. But I know the pmdg and fsl are high quality, the aerosoft is medium to high quality and the BBS and aerosoft crj being low quality.  

I've never been one for fluffy words. I say it as it is. 

You mean : you say it as you think as it is ....

Just like any of us : an opinion..

Edited by GSalden
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

28 minutes ago, GSalden said:

The pmdg as far I remember flys in a straight line. Remember the crj?? 

As for the ifly we shall see.  Do ifly make products for xplane?? 

14ppkc-6.png

The ifly 737 now has a HD texture upgrade available.  Does that change the comparison to the NGX in any way?

Matt Wilson

34 minutes ago, GSalden said:

I know  Mr Alan Chock will be along in a minute singing the praises of bbs

Edited by tooting

14ppkc-6.png

You guys crack me up - it's like an Abbott and Costello movie watching you go at each other 😂

• Like 1

David Porrett

45 minutes ago, tooting said:

The pmdg as far I remember flys in a straight line. Remember the crj?? 

As for the ifly we shall see.  Do ifly make products for xplane?? 

XP ?  I don’t know. You might try asking iFly.

Hmmm, very interesting indeed. I must admit I never considered the Ifly 747 as I , and it would seem a few other people thought it's price in comparison to the PMDG offering would mean it was rather toy like and inaccurate. 

I've just bought this on the strength of this thread, and while yes, the PMDG does have smother instruments,better FPS and nicer looking modelling this ifly jet is rather good. I've just managed a small flight but it managed an RNAV approach and go around very nicely indeed. Hand flying the pitch power settings seem right on the money and it feels authentic.I've not played with the systems properly yet but just flicking the standby power into off gave the correct response , likewise knocking off the right IRS and flipping the FO's source select switch all worked as expected.

Very early days for me with this plane but there's nothing jumping out at me that's looking unrealistic compared to the real aircraft so far. I'd say it's quite a bargain at it's current $50 I'll throw it around and set it some traps to fall into when I have time and see how good it really is.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1.