Sign in to follow this  
jalbino59

I-fly 747-8 just released.

45 minutes ago, thibodba57 said:

It has to be cheaper.  You have people like Anders telling the world it's a sub par junker akin of Abacus or CLS without any knowledge so no one gives them the time of day.  I can't wait to test to 73 MAX from them granted I've never flown a 73. But I do have a couple thousand hours flying the 74 and I've been impressed with their work and the teams receptiveness to critique.  I can honestly say, they have never questioned my intelligence or intent when I've given them feedback unlike another developer.  And a disclosure, I test to keep my nose in the books.  I paid for their products and they do not pay me a dime for my time or advise.  So all the credit I give them they have earned.

why  bring  @Anders in  your  post  for to  bring  more  attention  to you, his allowed  to have  his  opinion just  like  you have  but   don't  know  why  you  even  brought  it  up in the  first  place

• Like 3

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Nice to see some input from a few real world 747 pilots. Thanks for your contribution guys, it was an interesting read,  especially for me since a lot of it was based around procedures for EGCC. 

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Flew the 747-800 with SimBrief FP from EDDK to LPPT. The plane is very nicely modeled both in systems and inside and out. The FMC for the flight had a near perfect VNAV decent calculation. I had the 400 for a couple of years and have always been impressed with iFly as a comparative with PMDG it easily holds its own at half the price. However, I love flying both. Also have the 737 series with FSCrew. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

Nice to see a lot of good feedback, would have to grab the MAX when it comes!

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

1 hour ago, Lenny777 said:

Flew the 747-800 with SimBrief FP from EDDK to LPPT. The plane is very nicely modeled both in systems and inside and out. The FMC for the flight had a near perfect VNAV decent calculation. I had the 400 for a couple of years and have always been impressed with iFly as a comparative with PMDG it easily holds its own at half the price. However, I love flying both. Also have the 737 series with FSCrew. 

How about frame rate of iFly 747? Is it easier than PMDG?

19 hours ago, carlito777 said:

And? Do you own the iFly version? The PMDG is great. We all now that. Apart from that any of your comparisons without owning both products are completely pointless.

BINGO !!!

14 hours ago, Uncensor said:

Not as good. PMDG did a great job of getting max fps from their 747 series.

Edited by Lenny777

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

Interesting thread. I have wanted to move on from the NGX, not replace, but move across to a big bird for some time. The PMDG 747 IMO is rediculously priced, so this rendition from Ifly will be just what the doctor ordered for me 😊

Edited by Rockliffe
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

A little of topic but am amazed what an incredible performance increase you can get within the PMDG 777- 747-8, when you tune the FPS for the VC.

In both aircraft I go from 60 FPS to 85. Think of that in percent terms.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

38 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

A little of topic......

Really? You think?

• Upvote 2

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

On 12/27/2018 at 4:23 AM, Uncensor said:

You'd be hard pressed to find any high end add-on airliner which can match the PMDG Boeing 747-400 in terms of impressive performance, optimisation etc; they did an amazing job on that one. It doesn't even come close to getting VAS warnings in its FSX incarnation. I'm not a fan of how much PMDG stuck on the price tag for their P3D version since it was basically the same thing as their FSX for the most part, but I will give credit where it is certainly due; if anyone is looking for a 'study sim airliner' (), and is concerned about performance, you don't need to look any further than the PMDG 747-400 because it can hit some blistering frame rates.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

6 hours ago, jalbino59 said:

Really? You think?

Smart reply! it’s related to like Alan’s comment above performance. It’s a lot more helpful than your contribution.

Can the iFly version gain that much performance with FMC setting Jose? 

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

4 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Smart reply! it’s related to like Alan’s comment above performance. It’s a lot more helpful than your contribution.

Can the iFly version gain that much performance with FMC setting Jose? 

Mr. Murden,

First. 

My intended "contribution" by opening this topic was to let the community at large know that there is another viable option now available for those, who like myself, currently lack the resources to invest PMDGs fantastic software. That was it, nothing more nothing less. 

Second. 

A very wise man once said, and I paraphrase, I only debate my intellectual equals, everyone else I teach. In that spirit I will inform you (teaching is a bit over the top when it comes to the minutia being discussed here) that the iFly provided configuration tool allows 3 different settings to tune VC for better performance as well.  Before you ask, I have no idea what if any performance gains you can get from using it. But a quick glance at my hardware configuration, located near the same place you saw my name, would seem to indicate that 30 or so FPS would be about the best I can expect and I can easily provide good and smooth performance with either title (PMDG and or iFly) and therefor wouldn't justify the additional cash outlay, for the excellent PMDG offering, in my case.

Again, I wanted to inform the community at large about another good option. Not just those with the resources and willingness to part with what many of us consider large sums of money. 

So then Mr. Murden, looking over your post to assure myself that I have answered every question in your response, I will now say I won't either engage in a debate with you or respond to any further taunts or statements directed to me, from you, at all. 

Regards, 

Edited by jalbino59
Correction

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

Edit: I almost forgot, my initial response to your post, while agreeing with you that it was, quoting you, "a little off topic" was nevertheless sarcastic, and I apologize if my attempt at humor offended you.  

Jose A.