Sign in to follow this  
Alec

XP11 Not loading any Plugins

Hey Guys,

I need help. After fixing my brand new Dell Laptop with XP11 Steam Edition, I created a "plugins" folder, put FlywithLua inside, to tweak my XP11 Rendering Settings, and nothing shows inside XP11, it´s not loading at all. I tried other plugins, but it´s also not showing.

Addons which need plugins load fine, but these plugins are inside the Aircraft folders.

ANy ideas? I desperately need to tweak my Graphics to make XP11 run smoother

Thank you!

Alexis Mefano

hmm normally the Plugins folder has to be there, so no need to create one.

"X-Plane 11\Resources\plugins" ?

You shouldn't have to create your own plugins folder, it should already be there in the default X-Plane installation. The file structure looks like this:

X-Plane 11 / Resources / plugins

You add your FlyWithLua folder in that plugins folder. I'm not a Lua expert, but I think it's also important to use the "full" FlyWithLua version if you want settings to stick with each bootup of X-Plane.

And just a final note -- I don't think messing with graphics settings at a lower level with FlyWithLua (or anything else) is the best way to make XP11 run smoother. Everything you need is right there in the Settings menu. Just start with all sliders full left and other options checked off, gradually increasing them until you find your best balance between eye candy and frame rate with your current hardware. That Settings page was designed to let you optimize performance, and to reduce unintended consequences from messing with individual, lower-level settings. 

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

So, I Made the stupid mistake of creating a Plugin Folder, where one named Plugins was already there!! That´s why it didnt work...

Regarding the Rendering Settings, I turned off things like Road Traffic, And also tested with HDR on and OFF, also Bump Maps, etc. I discovered there have effect on some addons, maybe they were done with these settings in mind.

Anyway, thanks for the help. IF it wasnt for the messages, I never would have noticed the different folder names 🙂

Alexis Mefano