Sign in to follow this  
Ron6a

Cannot activate SFX

I have been using SFX Deluxe Edition for many years, first on Windows XP and then on Windows 7. I know there are issues with directx12 and SFX but when my PC started to get sluggish, I thought I would try upgrading to Windows 10. After a lot of experimenting I did get it to run as a trial on Win10, which only ran for 30 mins but it would not register, saying that 'the activation server could not be reached'. I tried about 6 or 7 times. As FSX is the only 'game' that I play and a lot at that, I decided to revert back to Win7, (I was not too impressed with Win10 anyway).
I now have a totally fresh install of Win 7 but I still get the same activation error!

My FSX Deluxe Edition is from before Steam took it over but if I go to the home page it says:   'Steam Edition' If you were connected to the Internet right now, this page would be replaced with online content from fsxinsider.com. There you can find the latest news and add-ons for Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition.'

I have an HP Pavillion Desktop pc. The graphics card is built in and not powerful enough to run the trial X plane but was running SFX very nicely.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

MicroSoft no longer maintains online activation for FSX.  You might be able to call the 1-800 phone number and get an activation code.  Considering the low cost of FSX:Steam Edition and how it was slightly improved and recompiled, I recommend completely removing any boxed versions of FSX and all remnants of it from the registry and performing a clean install of FSX:Steam Edition.

• Like 1

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Google search software licensing system reset tool package.  The file is

Mskb928080.exe

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I recently activated FSX Deluxe and Acceleration by entering my license codes and it was successful. 

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10