Sign in to follow this  
pilot10112

Bad FPS FSLabs a320

Hey all, 

I have recently purchased the fslabs a320 for p3d. I had been holding back for a while but decided to go for it as I loaded in the first time my frames were down to an average 14 FPS. I the adjusted my setting for better performance. Even with the settings being low I still average around 19FPS at a default P3D airport! I have no tweaks to my p3d.cfg file. My specs are 

i7 6700K

GeForce GTX 1070

16GB DDR4 ram

I feel like these are pretty good I just don’t know why my frames are so bad. They stay up around 29-35 in the VC of the PMDG products. 

Please help!!

Simon S.

8 minutes ago, pilot10112 said:

Hey all, 

I have recently purchased the fslabs a320 for p3d. I had been holding back for a while but decided to go for it as I loaded in the first time my frames were down to an average 14 FPS. I the adjusted my setting for better performance. Even with the settings being low I still average around 19FPS at a default P3D airport! I have no tweaks to my p3d.cfg file. My specs are 

i7 6700K

GeForce GTX 1070

16GB DDR4 ram

I feel like these are pretty good I just don’t know why my frames are so bad. They stay up around 29-35 in the VC of the PMDG products. 

Please help!!

Simon S.

What is your GPU usage %?

Matt Wilson

4 minutes ago, pilot10112 said:

Around 45-50 percent. My CPU is around 80

Start with the basics.  Reload your graphics driver, delete shaders, and delete your cfg.  

Matt Wilson

8 minutes ago, mpw8679 said:

Start with the basics.  Reload your graphics driver, delete shaders, and delete your cfg.  

Should I really do this? Won’t it delete both scenery airports and ORBX products? Plus this is only happening with the Fslabs. 

4 minutes ago, tooting said:

Are you running in 4k

I could be. How would I check? I am not home right now and am on vacation. Thank you for all you help! Especially on Christmas!

38 minutes ago, pilot10112 said:

Should I really do this? Won’t it delete both scenery airports and ORBX products? Plus this is only happening with the Fslabs. 

As long as u only delete your main cfg file u will be fine.  Make a back up first.  Both the cfg and shaders will be rebuilt at next sim start.  But u will lose all your in sim settings.

Matt Wilson

Have you checked the FSLabs forums?  There are a few threads with user tips on improving performance.

Alan

3 hours ago, mpw8679 said:

As long as u only delete your main cfg file u will be fine.  Make a back up first.  Both the cfg and shaders will be rebuilt at next sim start.  But u will lose all your in sim settings.

Ok I will try this when I get a chance. 

Thanks!

3 hours ago, exeodus said:

Have you checked the FSLabs forums?  There are a few threads with user tips on improving performance.

I have checked but I will check again

I'd add that this A/C is the poorest performer in my hanger. I still like it, but have to turn down some settings to smooth things out.

And, yeah. Check your resolution. 4K would be a bit much. Check your Display Settings, by right-clicking the desktop.

Good luck.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

don't know  why  would  you  even  worry  about  the  fps,  the  main thing is  the  sim  smooth is  the main  concern  you  should  worry  about,  anyway  good luck in  chasing the  fps  down😀

Edited by pete_auau

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

The plane is incredibly heavy on CPU usage. With my old PC I had to uninstall it. I could only fly it over open water in good weather. 

Your CPU is a bit better than mine, so you may stand a chance. Setting the target frame rate to unlimited helped a lot (but not enough) in my case.

Peter

i'm using a 4770 a gtx 1070 and 32 gb ddr3.

wat helpded me was disabling the mipmap vc panel setting.

but i'm using a 4k 32" monitor.

on aerosoft egll professional i have about 20 fps at daytime with ut live at 60 %.

at cruise level it's about 28 -30 fps  locked

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT