Sign in to follow this  
lukejw20

Flythemaddogx question

Hello and Merry Christmas. I got the flythemaddogx MD-82 for Christmas and I have just one question. Is it supposed to go that slow? I saw an MD-80 on flightaware from Des Moines to Dallas flying at 467 miles per hour at 31,000 feet. I am at 30,000 feet headed from Columbia, SC to Dallas and my plane is only going 347 miles per hour. Is there any way to make it go a realistic MD80 speed? Maybe something with the pitot heat?

347 is the fastest I can go without overspeeding. The flaps are fully up as well. I have my speed set to 300 on the knob

Now as I type this, the plane is slowly decreasing in speed and pitching upwards. Am I doing something wrong there?

So I start FSX back up and the plane just starts going crazy. Is it supposed to load cold and dark or default like PMDG?

Let’s start with the basics.  Look in the mirror and see if u are wearing a tinfoil hat.  Report back

Matt Wilson

The best recommendation I can give is to check out a good tutorial and start from the basics. It's hard to resist the temptation and just dive right it but I will say the Maddog is a bit daunting and requires a little study. I would also check out the flythemaddogx support forums as well as Chuck's Guides he has an awesome guide that includes a tutorial I believe.

• Like 2

ws5xzd-6.png
Johnny Green

CFII/SMEL
SF340B+

I watched the tutorial videos from LeonardoSH. I did everything right twice. On approach into Dallas, the engines shut down and the displays went dark.

7 minutes ago, lukejw20 said:

What is that supposed to mean?

Sorry couldn’t resist.  There are also some very good tutorials on YouTube.

Matt Wilson

2 minutes ago, lukejw20 said:

I watched the tutorial videos from LeonardoSH. I did everything right twice. On approach into Dallas, the engines shut down and the displays went dark.

Verify that u don’t have any failures set to trigger

Matt Wilson

Did you check fuel temps? 

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU