Sign in to follow this  
Staffan

London Terrorist Attack

>"Well,..I understand that, but you aswell as I know wherto>discussions like this has led before.>>Next step can well be, world famin, child trafficing, child>labor etc. etc. etc......if discussions like that is ok with>you? ;-)">>I'm glad you mentioned this, so users are more aware that>threads like these are better for expressing condolences for>those involved, and any political, religious discussion should>be avoided. We all have valid opinions on politics, religion,>etc..., but expressing them in a forum is a bit too>challenging for anyone under the level of "Statesman" and I>don't know many that qualify--I know I don't. >>Written words are so easily misunderstood--well, so are spoken>ones too. But saying "I am sorry this happened, and my>thoughts go out to the people it happened to", I think is>universally understood and I share that thought. I don't mind>seeing such thoughts shared here whenever there's a tragedy>although it's usually only the ones that everyone hears about>that gain a foothold here.>>-JohnWell said John,This is somewhat what I mean aswell. And we all experienced this in earlier threds.Make no misstake,...I give my sincere condolences to each and everyone involved.Fly safe, Staffan AhlbergSweden/Stockholm/ESSAhttp://www.scandicair.com/images/dc9_banner.jpg"I will come and cut your lawn for a high quality DC8-63 system"[/color]My specs are:Dell Dimension 4600 P4/3.0 Ghz1024 Mb DDR333 Dual channel memory (2x256,1x512)128 Mb ATI Radeon 9800 ProOmega 2.5.58DirectX 9.0cW XP Home with SP1E171FPb Flat panel monitor 17"240Gb (2x120) 7200rpm HD

Staffan

>Staffan,>>I have been lurking, if not posting, here on Avsim for years.>Not once have I ever felt compelled to berate someone on a>public forum before. I'm more than willing to risk being>banned to say this to you:>>Your comments were disgusting. How dare you, at a time like this,>insinuate that there are things of greater importance than a>nation's healing.>>Maybe when the terrorists visit Stockholm, we'll be equally>callous to your pain and suffering. >>To all the residents of London, and England as a whole, we're>with you. On September 11th, you mourned our loss as if it>were your own. Now, we stand by you.>>Your people are not strangers to this sort of violence. Though>hopefully, together, we can overcome this nonsense. Peace be>with you.>>Nick Landolfi>United States of America> >Amen to that.....But I think you have no idea about what I am talking about. ;-)Fly safe, Staffan AhlbergSweden/Stockholm/ESSAhttp://www.scandicair.com/images/dc9_banner.jpg"I will come and cut your lawn for a high quality DC8-63 system"[/color]My specs are:Dell Dimension 4600 P4/3.0 Ghz1024 Mb DDR333 Dual channel memory (2x256,1x512)128 Mb ATI Radeon 9800 ProOmega 2.5.58DirectX 9.0cW XP Home with SP1E171FPb Flat panel monitor 17"240Gb (2x120) 7200rpm HD

Staffan

London was subject to a major terrorist attack this morning. The latest information is that seven bombs were detonated on the Underground and one on a bus. There are deaths and injuries but the numbers are not yet known.An Islamist website has posted a statement - purportedly from al-Qaeda - claiming it was behind the attacks.Latest news is on: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4659093.stm

I have edited the post that Staffan has replied to. Staffan, I admire your restraint and appreciate your not responding the way many would.This is a sensitive thread and emotions run high. Right now, three friends of my wife are "lost" in London--they were attending an international educators conference not far from one of the bombings. Things like this effect people far and wide--we live thousands of miles away and yet my wife is hardly getting any work done.I am tolerant of people making comments regarding opinion. Saying "Your opinion stinks" however is different from saying "you stink." I have zero tolerance for character attacks. Again, thanks Staffan for showing restraint.-John

>I have edited the post that Staffan has replied to. Staffan,>I admire your restraint and appreciate your not responding the>way many would.>>This is a sensitive thread and emotions run high. Right now,>three friends of my wife are "lost" in London--they were>attending an international educators conference not far from>one of the bombings. Things like this effect people far and>wide--we live thousands of miles away and yet my wife is>hardly getting any work done.>>I am tolerant of people making comments regarding opinion. >Saying "Your opinion stinks" however is different from saying>"you stink." I have zero tolerance for character attacks. >Again, thanks Staffan for showing restraint.>>-JohnJohn,I am very sorry for the friends of your wife.Not many knows this,..but I actually had relatives who died in the coward attacs on the WTC. And I would not be surprised if I know someone involved in todays tragedy.I also know that you understand my posts. But unfortunately some did not. ;-)Fly safe, Staffan AhlbergSweden/Stockholm/ESSAhttp://www.scandicair.com/images/dc9_banner.jpg"I will come and cut your lawn for a high quality DC8-63 system"[/color]My specs are:Dell Dimension 4600 P4/3.0 Ghz1024 Mb DDR333 Dual channel memory (2x256,1x512)128 Mb ATI Radeon 9800 ProOmega 2.5.58DirectX 9.0cW XP Home with SP1E171FPb Flat panel monitor 17"240Gb (2x120) 7200rpm HD

Staffan

Guest BlueRidgeDx

Staffan,Having lost friends in the WTC, I would think you'd be a little more compassionate.Someone made a post stating that he wished the injured well, and that his thoughts were with the families. Why did you feel the need to belittle their suffering by mentioning famine, labor issues, and political issues?When someone falls down and hurts themselves, you're supposed to pick them up. Instead you launch into a diatribe about how others have been hurt worse. Thats offensive.Further, I'm curious as to why you seem so smug, with the wink and all. If there's something I'm not getting, why don't you let us in on it? Nick

I started this thread and certainly don't understand your posts - especially the wink.

Nick,>Having lost friends in the WTC, I would think you'd be a>little more compassionate.I have stated in two of my posts what I feel for this tragedy.>Someone made a post stating that he wished the injured well,>and that his thoughts were with the families. Why did you feel>the need to belittle their suffering by mentioning famine,>labor issues, and political issues?The initial post was a pure news post. And did not mention anything regarding condolences.>When someone falls down and hurts themselves, you're supposed>to pick them up. Instead you launch into a diatribe about how>others have been hurt worse. Thats offensive.You are right that people should be picked up. But I don

Staffan

>I started this thread and certainly don't understand your>posts - especially the wink.Hi,You started this thread as a pure news post. Not a single word regarding condolences, that

Staffan

Guest BlueRidgeDx

>You started this thread as a pure news post. Not a single word>regarding condolences, that

As the originator of this thread, which you admit was factual, I would suggest that people who RESPOND to threads must also be aware of that and I further suggest that your replies have been insensitive, judging by the responses they generated.You took on yourself the role of Moderator and suggested that I shouldn't have posted it. You cryptically hint where the discussion might lead. You accuse me of political motives, and introduce world famine, child trafficking, child labour for no apparent reason. Finally, you feel it appropriate to pepper your replies with winks. I doubt that those affected by terrorist activities find it as amusing as you seem to.

I would have though that went without saying.Anyway, if that was your reason why didn't you mention it earlier, instead of throwing it in at the last minute, saying it was your last post.

"Lets hope your country isn't touched by death and violence at the hands of terrorists, as ours have."I did want to step in and say that Staffan's country has been touched by terrorism, as have most. If you add up today, 9/11, and every terrorist incident that targeted either an international city or internationaly conveyance, like an airliner or cruise ship, almost every nation on earth has lost someone due to terrorism. So please don't read too much into Staffan's way of communication. I can't tell someone how to express condolences or concern. And oft times, especially when I have traveled in Europe, pain is greeted by a wink or even a smile. I've was almost killed in Switzerland by a sudden storm in Grindlewald. The rescue people who threw a blanket on me threw it around me with a smile and a chuckle--but it wasn't out of malice (although I probably looked like Bart Simpson with my wet hair sticking straight up). They simply wanted to reassure me, and I needed a lot of it that day. People have to know that in the midst of their concern there's hope and that they are also not alone in suffering. Anyone who offers a smile, a wink , a subtle bit of levity, or a reminder that suffering is shared is helping in their own way. -John

>I would have though that went without saying.>>Anyway, if that was your reason why didn't you mention it>earlier, instead of throwing it in at the last minute, saying>it was your last post.I will respond to that.So,..I can appologize for the winks, if those are disturbing for some. But the whole matter here was not to start a posting war regarding the tragedy today. But more the general matter of posting issues like this in a forum for hobby flightsimmers.Again,...I give my sincere condolences for the people involved.But still I think that these matters can be discussed in proper forums. But that is my VERY PERSONAL opinion. That was the whole reason for my posts.Another VERY PERSONAL opinion is, That the more publicity those coward terrorists get, the more we play their game. But that issue is nothing to discuss in this forum.Fly safe, Staffan AhlbergSweden/Stockholm/ESSAhttp://www.scandicair.com/images/dc9_banner.jpg"I will come and cut your lawn for a high quality DC8-63 system"[/color]My specs are:Dell Dimension 4600 P4/3.0 Ghz1024 Mb DDR333 Dual channel memory (2x256,1x512)128 Mb ATI Radeon 9800 ProOmega 2.5.58DirectX 9.0cW XP Home with SP1E171FPb Flat panel monitor 17"240Gb (2x120) 7200rpm HD

Staffan