Dean33

Realair Turbine Duke clicking sound

I have recently reinstalled in P3dV4 the B60T and I have an irritating clicking sound.

I got a fresh download from the Realair .net site and installed once again (as per a previous brief thread) but the clicking continues. It is like a clock.

It is even there when the battery switch is off and the aircraft is in Cold and Dark!

New Xmas headphones are making this sound unbearable!!

Help please.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Is the default acft fuel pump state on when you load the Duke? 

Try loading the retro Mooney and turning off the fuel pump then load the Duke

Just as Ryan mentioned. I have found that you can pick up unwanted things when changing from scenario to scenario. (plane to plane)

That didn't work for me Ryan (thanks).

I always start P3D with the default Raptor then switch to the Duke to avoid the certainty of engine cut out after take off.  Tried that then Mooney then Duke and no luck.  The clock is still ticking.

Tried swapping over to the VertX Da62 and back but that didn't fix it either.

Going to try configurator from cold and dark now.

It worked fine from cold and dark- but that was with the F1GTN750.

As soon as I switched to the RXP GTN the clicking came back.

Weird!

If I recall, I was very careful to edit sample loops in both Dukes to eliminate any loop glitches or clicks. Are you using onboard sound or a dedicated sound module/card? You should be able to test where the clicks are coming from by turning down the engine balance to zero, then the same with environment and cockpit sounds. It is possible you might be getting a glitch or two from the exterior sound manager which relies on Doug Dawson's excellent sound.dll for the extra sounds, though most of those are not on the same kind of loop common to engine sounds which always repeat back to the beginning after a few seconds.

I sometimes get the odd unexplained regular click in P3d v4 that I never got in FSX, and I see a few people have commented on this issue in other P3d v4 threads.

Hi Rob

Sorry, I only just noticed your reply.  Thanks.

I am using nothing external.

I load the Raptor then the Turbine Duke.

I found the clicking is there in cold and dark state too! 

And your suggestion to narrow it down by reducing (or switching off) engine sounds, environmental sounds and cockpit sounds doesn't help. It is still there with all options off!

Strangely it clicks with NO GPS, GNS500 and RXP 750 (replacing F1GTN750) BUT NOT F1GTN750 direct from your configurator.  Wierd!

The sound might be the Avionics Master Switch (or one of the rocker switches) repeating itself but it is not animating itself. 

Cheers

Dean

I'm sorry to say I have no answer to this, but it does sound frustrating. I doubt it could be a rocker switch because these are not on a loop as such and only get triggered if you actually press a switch.

I changed the name of "switch_small.wav" to "switch_small.wav.OFF", which is located in the "\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Sound\' folder. So far, this stopped the clicking noise with the Legacy Lancair V2 when using the RXP GTN 750. This may also help with the Duke...

This loads the Turbine Duke without the clicking sound on my setup (P3D v4.5):

1. Start P3D. 
  2. On the start screen (not on the runway at Eglin), change vehicle to the Mooney Acclaim. 
  3. Still on the start screen, select your departure airport and location on the field. 
  4. Load the scenario and keep the Mooney's engines running. 
  5. Change to the Turbine Duke. 

As in all things flight sim, your mileage may vary.