Sign in to follow this  

Windows 10 1809 Networked PC tip

On 12/30/2018 at 4:59 AM, Rob Ainscough said:

Hi Nigel,

Yes that was part of my early setup/diagnosis, unfortunately that was short lived and didn't seem to "stick".  The registry entry I listed above is working for me in all cases on all my PC's.

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rob,

I've added your suggestion to the registry, so hopefully it will continue to be trouble free.

KR

Nigel

Hello,

i am also using 3 PC's for flightsim, 2 under W10 and one under XP service  pack 3. I have just discovered this morning that my VPN was the culprit. I am using HMA in liberty mode. As soon as I disconnect the VPN, I can access and communicate from one computer to another.

Cyrille 

Edited by Cyrille de Lattre
typos

Cyrille de LATTRE

Aorus Z390 // Icore 9900 Coffe Lake @4.8 Ghz // 32Gig RAM DDR4 // GTX1070 OC @112% core clock+200 memory clock +400) Corsair liquid cooling H105 Ipro

Any ideas of what to do with a Windows 7  machine connected to a W10 machine?

I can see all computers on the network when on my Win10 machine but when on the Win7 machine I can't see any other computers.  If I go into File Explorer and type in \\P3DPC\ all files on my main P3D system show up and I can read/write.  Problem is that without the comptuer showing up in the list Activesky keeps giving me connection errors and I cannot seem to fix it.

I have changed the following services to automatic

Function Discovery Discovery Resource Publication  (Running) (automatic)

UPnP Device Host service  (Running) ( manual)

Computer Browser (Running) (Manual)

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

try turning on SMBv1 on win10. lots of potential security issues doing this, however a consumer wireless switch will not usually allow windows networking traffic to pass through the firewall. ymmv.

and... in tcpip settings/advanced turn on netbios over tcpip

Edited by jpf