Sign in to follow this  
duckbilled

Installing Traffic Toolbox issues?

Hi,

I simply cannot get it to show up in the tools menu. I'm sure it is a stupid issue, but I am stumped. Please help. This is my dll.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
  <Disabled>False</Disabled>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>LHBP_objectPlacer64.dll</Name>
    <Path>Modules\LHBP_objectPlacer64.dll</Path>
    <Commandline>
    </Commandline>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>FSUIPC 5</Name>
    <Path>F:\P3DV4\Modules\FSUIPC5.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>CMeteoXml</Name>
    <Path>.\CMeteoXml.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Carenavigraph</Name>
    <Path>.\Carenavigraph.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 SDK 4.0.28.21686\World\Traffic\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>as_connect</Name>
    <Path>as_srv\as_connect_64.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Are you still on v4.0? Your path statement indicates it is. Here is a cut and paste from my dll.xml which works great:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Path>Y:\fsutil\Prepar3D v4 SDK 4.4.16.27077\World\Traffic\TrafficToolbox.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

2 hours ago, pgde said:

Are you still on v4.0? Your path statement indicates it is. Here is a cut and paste from my dll.xml which works great:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Path>Y:\fsutil\Prepar3D v4 SDK 4.4.16.27077\World\Traffic\TrafficToolbox.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

Ah. I am on 4.3, but looking at the path, am I correct that I am using the 4.0 SDK and that is the problem (the path is copy and paste out of windows explorer)?

Didn't realize I needed to update the SDK as well. 

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Can anyone confirm that I have to have the traffic toolbox from 4.3 to install it in 4.3?

The only SDK I see on the P3D site is for 4.4.

This has me stumped. If it in't the version issue, I have no idea why it won't show up in the Tools menu.

1 hour ago, duckbilled said:

Can anyone confirm that I have to have the traffic toolbox from 4.3 to install it in 4.3?

The only SDK I see on the P3D site is for 4.4.

This has me stumped. If it in't the version issue, I have no idea why it won't show up in the Tools menu.

Seems that way. I have just tried to call up the 4.0 TrafficToolBox in 4.4 - doesn't work either. Only the Toolbox from the 4.4 SDK works.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

36 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

Seems that way. I have just tried to call up the 4.0 TrafficToolBox in 4.4 - doesn't work either. Only the Toolbox from the 4.4 SDK works.

Best regards

I'm assuming you are on 4.4?

Mmm. I really don't want to install 4.4 yet - just don't feel like updating add ons right now. I wonder if the 4.4 traffic toolbox will work with 4.3.

Can you think of anything I could screw up by having 4.0 and 4.4 SDK's installed at the same time?

Edited by duckbilled

2 minutes ago, duckbilled said:

I wonder if the 4.4 traffic toolbox will work with 4.3.

Probably not. Upwards compatibility is highly unlikely when simple backwards compatibility doesn't work.

Best regards

LORBY-SI