marcom

Remote EFB - Available Now

Just now, windshearDK said:

Oh I see I've paid for your CDU before, but it never worked😒

Did you ask for support for it?

Kyle Rodgers

Just now, scandinavian13 said:

Did you ask for support for it?

Yeah I think so... Never got it to work...

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Dear Boaz,

I've contacted you via email.

I do see some emails from 2017 and I assumed it was working. Please allow me to help you get up and running.

Let's continue in private.

Regards

Mark Foti

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png

2 minutes ago, marcom said:

Dear Boaz,

I've contacted you via email.

I do see some emails from 2017 and I assumed it was working. Please allow me to help you get up and running.

Let's continue in private.

I would appreciate it, thank you

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

I feel a bit dumb here.   I don't understand how this works.  -  I read all the posts. - someone with patience please explain!

1.  The link directs me to a site where I need to put in a credit card.  It says free, but why a card?   Is there a charge for the remote EFB for the PMDG 747?

2.  How does my Ipad know what my computer and P3D/PMDG is doing.  Do I connect my Ipad to the computer with a USB cable?

Paul Gugliotta

Hi Paul,

may I ask where you are asked for credit card information?

PS the free version allows you to test the connection and is limited to 'view only'. You need to purchase a license to be able to make inputs.

The way it works:

1) You download the zip file from flightsimapps.com and extract the contents to a directory

2) You run SimServer.exe

3) Right click the icon in your tray bar (bottom right). Click on Generate QR code for whatever CDU /EFB you'd like to connect to

4) Use your iPad's camera to scan the QR code and you should see the CDU/EFB in your browser. Just make sure your iPad is connected to your WiFi

Have a look at the ReadMe for more details including how to make the app feel more native and how to request a license.

Regards

Mark Foti

• Upvote 2

Mark Foti

logo_avsim.png

Just to add a little credo here....Mark's product's (and his customer service) are absolutely top notch. He responds quickly to questions and he has fixed issues for me in the past (my own created problems). Don't even hesitate to buy a license from him. I have purchased 3 licenses from him (less than I spend for lunch) and when I figure out a local solution for the EFB I will buy that too. Having an FMC on the side running on an iPad mini has completely changed my simming experience. And also, when I walk away to get my "crew rest" I can check up on things on my iPhone. Total game changer. Hope this helps those that are on the fence. 

• Upvote 2

I totally agree with Matt here,Mark has a excellent customer service and product is top notch.

Regards.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Zdenek  Cebis

We got it to work, I am a happy camper now!😁

• Like 1

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Mark,

Very nice piece of work and I do want to download and install it accordingly.

Those of you already using the Remote CDU functionality have asked for it and I'm happy to say, with the upcoming update from PMDG, the EFB will be supported as well 🙂 

It will be available as a new license option.

The update on January 3rd last I have completed but fail to see the new license option.

What can or must I do?

Regards

Dirk

Hi Dirk,

make sure you have the latest version (5.0.1 as of now). You can always download the latest version from www.flightsimapps.com

Then you can send a License Request for the EFB as described in the ReadMe documentation.

Or have a look at the 4 steps mentioned a few posts above.

Regards

Mark Foti

Mark Foti

logo_avsim.png

Hi Mark,

I've just added the EFB to all my other licenses and whilst it connects fine and I can navigate around the EFB if I try to view a chart on my tablet it says "NAVIGRAPH TERMINAL CHARTS CANNOT BE VIEWED ON THIS DEVICE DUE TO LICENSE RESTRICTIONS"

The chart appears fine on the efb in the VC just not on my tablet. I've tried it on my MBP and I get the same message

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

1 minute ago, BrianT said:

Hi Mark,

I've just added the EFB to all my other licenses and whilst it connects fine and I can navigate around the EFB if I try to view a chart on my tablet it says "NAVIGRAPH TERMINAL CHARTS CANNOT BE VIEWED ON THIS DEVICE DUE TO LICENSE RESTRICTIONS"

The chart appears fine on the efb in the VC just not on my tablet. I've tried it on my MBP and I get the same message

Hi Brian,

yes, this is mentioned in the documentation.

Have a look at

There is some good advice from a user called Berts.

• Like 1

Mark Foti

logo_avsim.png

Thanks Mark,

One day I may actually do what the missus says and actually RTFM! 🤣

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

I am having a hard time seeing the benefits of this.  I have multiple monitors and just drag the EFB over to one of them. I do love the idea of it on a separate iPad.  I hope someone makes a YouTube video on a tutorial on how to set this up. I will definitely get it if I can figure it out. Also what is the paid license for.  To get the ap to use the EFB on an iPad?  How much is it exactly?   I am not opposed to paying for something brilliant. I just need more info and the link says nothing about $$

Edited by paulyg123

Paul Gugliotta