Sign in to follow this  
marcom

Remote EFB - Available Now

have a lenovo yoga , win10 

run navigraph charts and MS Edge for the EFB , in tab mode fullscreen only two taps to change efb to charts

I don't get it...do we buy this app?

spacer.png

6 hours ago, Boomer said:

That’s entirely up to you if you want to purchase it or not.

Regards.

Zdenek  Cebis

7 hours ago, Boomer said:

Hi Chris,

I just created this posting on my forum - I hope it helps answer your questions. If not, please let me know.

Regards

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png

Great work Mark.  I love the remote EFB/CDU modules.

On 1/8/2019 at 10:02 PM, marcom said:

You need to purchase a license to be able to make inputs.

Its 10 euros to have it fully working for anyone who might not have seen it.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Mark,

A couple of days ago I purchased the license for the 747 cdu and I have been trying to make it work ever since unfortunitely without succes.

I tried it with the Manuel but also was not succesfull. Now I am an elderly male of 74 and my knowledge ofthe PC is prettig good but not as good as they younger generation so I am turbine to you for help.

The P3D simulator is on my PC and I have an additional Laptop on which I would like to see and use the CDU on that.

Maybe am I asking to much but is it possible to have a step by step readme which I can follow?

kind regards Dirk

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

2 hours ago, karmelk said:

Now I am an elderly male of 74

Hello Dirk:

I am catching up to you in age, but I managed to get a number of CDU's and the EFB working on a couple of remote devices.

If you send me a Private Message, I will tell you what I did, and that should get you going too.

Regards,

Roberto

• Like 1

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada

1 hour ago, r_stopnicki said:

Hello Dirk:

I am catching up to you in age, but I managed to get a number of CDU's and the EFB working on a couple of remote devices.

If you send me a Private Message, I will tell you what I did, and that should get you going too.

Regards,

Roberto

Thanks Roberto!

Dirk, let me know if you still need additional assistance (send me a private message).

Regards

Mark Foti

logo_avsim.png

I decided that actually, everybody "above certain age", who might be struggling with the installation of Mark's devices, should also benefit, so here it is.

1)      Download the latest version of the SimServer App

2)      Install the App

3)      Make a shortcut to SimServer.exe an place it on the desktop

4)      Run the App (i.e. execute SimServer.exe)

5)      It will either show up in the taskbar at the bottom of the screen, or in the hidden icons accessible at the right extreme of the taskbar

6)      Open Sim Server (I always do that as an Administrator)

7)      A Server Status page opens 

28taxsj.jpg

😎      Place mouse cursor on top of the line “Generate QR Code”

9)      A list of the products available through Sim Server, opens up

ejwyft.jpg

10)   Place the mouse cursor on the product you are interested in (for this example, I chose the PMDG B747 v3)

11)   The items available for this product, opens up

okmmw9.jpg

12)   Place the cursor on the item you are interested in (for this example, I chose the CDU left)

vx2cf5.jpg

13)       A URL page opens up (in this example, it is:    http://192.168.2.53:32116

14)      Open the remote device that you are going to use. All of my devices are on the same home network as the PC which is running P3D v4.4.

15)      Open a browser in the remote device (I use Safari in an iPad and Google Chrome in my “cheap” android dedicated to the CDU) Copy the URL above (type it in) in URL address line of the remote device and “voila” you are done, the item (the device) that you chose, will appear on your remote.

16)      Mark now has an option to have the remote device read the QR Code of the device, avoiding a couple of the steps above.

17)      That is for the young kids. For us, the above works every time!

18)     Obviously you have to buy the license for the item/device you want to fully use.

19)    Make sure that your license(s) are copied into the same folder as the other SimServer programs (particularly SimServer.exe)

Please feel free to comment or change any of the steps. They have worked for me!

Many regards,

Roberto

• Upvote 1

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada

Roberto, many thanks for the step by step installation procedure which I received during the night and have just now witnessed. 

During the next hours I will start the procedure and hopefully it will work for me. If not I hope you don't mind me contacting you and/or Mark again.

Dirk

14 hours ago, r_stopnicki said:

I decided that actually, everybody "above certain age", who might be struggling with the installation of Mark's devices, should also benefit, so here it is.

1)      Download the latest version of the SimServer App

2)      Install the App

3)      Make a shortcut to SimServer.exe an place it on the desktop

4)      Run the App (i.e. execute SimServer.exe)

5)      It will either show up in the taskbar at the bottom of the screen, or in the hidden icons accessible at the right extreme of the taskbar

6)      Open Sim Server (I always do that as an Administrator)

7)      A Server Status page opens 

28taxsj.jpg

😎      Place mouse cursor on top of the line “Generate QR Code”

9)      A list of the products available through Sim Server, opens up

ejwyft.jpg

10)   Place the mouse cursor on the product you are interested in (for this example, I chose the PMDG B747 v3)

11)   The items available for this product, opens up

okmmw9.jpg

12)   Place the cursor on the item you are interested in (for this example, I chose the CDU left)

vx2cf5.jpg

13)       A URL page opens up (in this example, it is:    http://192.168.2.53:32116

14)      Open the remote device that you are going to use. All of my devices are on the same home network as the PC which is running P3D v4.4.

15)      Open a browser in the remote device (I use Safari in an iPad and Google Chrome in my “cheap” android dedicated to the CDU) Copy the URL above (type it in) in URL address line of the remote device and “voila” you are done, the item (the device) that you chose, will appear on your remote.

16)      Mark now has an option to have the remote device read the QR Code of the device, avoiding a couple of the steps above.

17)      That is for the young kids. For us, the above works every time!

18)     Obviously you have to buy the license for the item/device you want to fully use.

19)    Make sure that your license(s) are copied into the same folder as the other SimServer programs (particularly SimServer.exe)

Please feel free to comment or change any of the steps. They have worked for me!

Many regards,

Roberto

Thank you Roberto for this!

May I add this to my documentation?

Mark Foti

logo_avsim.png

Mark:

Of course you can use it! With pleasure.

Dirk, hopefully it helps. If not, let me know and we'll continue to try.

Many regards

Roberto

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada

Roberto,

I tried following the step by step procedure but already from the start I am running into problems.

Rather than using the Avsim platfor for our communication I would like to contact you directly via e.mail but have no idea on how to let you have mine.

Regards Dirk